G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I'm finally an official G35 owner - DG 6mt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm finally an official G35 owner - DG 6mt

I finally got the G35 I've been wanting for so long - a diamond graphite 6mt with stone interior. The only options are splash guards and the all important trunk mat. I'm not sure I got the best deal considering the $1000 incentive but it was still cheaper than I originally planned. As a bonus, I did get tinted windows and 2 yrs free service so overall I'm happy.

The clutch is sure touchy. It's like an on/off switch. I hope it breaks in some because I am having a tough time with it. I'm also a novice shifter so that isn't helping. It's still fun to drive. I had a hard time keeping the revs under 4k and the speed anywhere near the speed limit on the way home from the dealer.

I've been lurking around this forum for a while so it's nice to be an actual owner. In the future, I plan on during the basic mods such as coupe midpipe and ztube for a better sound.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:22 PM
I tried attaching a picture but it's not working. Oh well, everyone here knows what a stock DG 6mt looks like and my pic is not all that great. I wanted to get some nice pics but it started downpouring as soon as I got it home.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on your new G. Don't worry you will driving that 6MT like a champ, soon. Enjoy and drive safely.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:52 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Nobody gives a shiit................buzzz offf.........you jerk............

I mean that in a nice way................

Seriously, I am putting the beer down--Welcome and congrats on your car.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cheers, Texan1!

Old 07-30-2005, 02:11 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by andy2434
Cheers, Texan1!

Old 07-30-2005, 02:12 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by andy2434
Cheers, Texan1!

oops, wrong one......

friends don't let friends post drunk............

Old 07-30-2005, 05:38 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Enjoy...you'll smile every time she growls when you start her up.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
I finally got the G35 I've been wanting for so long - a diamond graphite 6mt with stone interior. The only options are splash guards and the all important trunk mat. I'm not sure I got the best deal considering the $1000 incentive but it was still cheaper than I originally planned. As a bonus, I did get tinted windows and 2 yrs free service so overall I'm happy.

The clutch is sure touchy. It's like an on/off switch. I hope it breaks in some because I am having a tough time with it. I'm also a novice shifter so that isn't helping. It's still fun to drive. I had a hard time keeping the revs under 4k and the speed anywhere near the speed limit on the way home from the dealer.

I've been lurking around this forum for a while so it's nice to be an actual owner. In the future, I plan on during the basic mods such as coupe midpipe and ztube for a better sound.

HA! You sound like my long lost brother. I got the 6MT graphite/graphite yesterday. Splash guards + trunk mat, but I also got spoiler + sunroof.

And I too found the clutch a bit touchy. It's ok, I'm sure I basically wore it out on the ride back to work after picking it up

It really catches high which I'll either have to get used to or get adjusted. Also, yeah, I was having a problem keeping it under 4K. I'm shifting a little more with this 6 speed then I was used to.

Totally kick *** car though. Just like yours is too I'm sure.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by liquidrage
HA! You sound like my long lost brother. I got the 6MT graphite/graphite yesterday. Splash guards + trunk mat, but I also got spoiler + sunroof.

And I too found the clutch a bit touchy. It's ok, I'm sure I basically wore it out on the ride back to work after picking it up

It really catches high which I'll either have to get used to or get adjusted. Also, yeah, I was having a problem keeping it under 4K. I'm shifting a little more with this 6 speed then I was used to.

Totally kick *** car though. Just like yours is too I'm sure.

Nice - congrats! That's pretty cool in that we were looking for the same car and found them at the same time. What interior did you get?

I was a little nervous when I first drove my G. I had not test drove a 6mt yet and not driven a standard in some time. The dealer had the car inside the showroom so I had to drive it out the door and immediately take a sharp turn. I was afraid I was going to stall it or give it too much gas out of there. I suppose it would of been funny to rev it up and dump the clutch. I actually rolled out really smooth and had an easy drive home until I hit heavy traffic.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 PM
I got the graphite interior. Which was my personal choice.

Basically, I got the car as if I was ordering from factory and the dealer actually found it and brought it in. I like the stone too though.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on the new ride bro, enjoy.
C.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats.

If you got that car at North Houston Infiniti, I've sat in it It was nice of them to have 2 base 6mts to choose from. I wish I was enjoying mine right now, but I choose to order one.

What kind of deal did you get?

Old 07-31-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by brandon1978
Congrats.

If you got that car at North Houston Infiniti, I've sat in it It was nice of them to have 2 base 6mts to choose from. I wish I was enjoying mine right now, but I choose to order one.

What kind of deal did you get?
Yeah, how did you know?? It sounds like you are the one my sales lady was talking about when I put my deposit down. She said someone was looking for a different color but switched to DG. I lost some sleep during the week worrying that someone would steal my G before I closed the deal. Looks like I had a reason to worry! lol

I was about to order one myself because I had a hard time finding the exact G I wanted. It's a good feeling to get exactly what you want instead of settling for something else. You will be glad when you get your G. What did you order?

I think I got a good deal but not sure. I ended up paying $29k even. That's a hair under invoice so that sounds good but there was a $1k rebate. Thus, I paid $1k over invoice but that's not what the dealer thinks. They told me all kinds of dealer talk about how their actual costs are higher than invoice and so on. I tried hard to lower the price but they just treated me like I was nuts. I was expecting to pay no more than $500 over invoice (with incentives) but I guess that's crazy talk at an Infiniti dealer. In the end, I got the exact car I wanted at a lower price than I originally planned, with tint plus 2 yr oil changes and service so that's not bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm finally an official G35 owner - DG 6mt