G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Needing help -- can I drive like this???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needing help -- can I drive like this???

Whats up.. i need help..badddddd.. I happened to look at the thread of my front tires today.. and i was like wt... I dont konw if this seems to be a camber issue or just that the front tires (245/35/19) are too big for the front of a dropped sedan.. but here's what im seeing (attached). Is this caused by camber or the tire being too large?? also a more important questoin.. how dangerous is it to drive like this?? I konw it cant be good.. I can see wire!! anyhow.. im going to take it to the dealer in the morning and get some tires from somwhere..

67361-tireproblem.jpg

Old 06-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Re: Needing help -- can I drive like this???

the even more messed up part is that after my accident i took my car to the dealer to get fixed..they said it was real good and aligned up really well..etc etc etc... and i was at the dealer less than a week ago for my 15000 mile service.. and they diddnt say ANYTHING about it.. common! the tire has a white strip around it.. how can you not notice it..espically when its up in the air.. :/

Old 06-24-2003, 10:51 PM

Pesti, I would say that you are very lucky that you didn't have an accident. I say, put the spare on (no matter how ugly it may look) and get that puppy replaced and your G properly aligned.

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 06-24-2003, 11:02 PM

Holy crap! I would definately point it out to the dealer and ask them WTF? They should have noticed this for sure.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

Old 06-24-2003, 11:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No bro, you can't drive like that. Absolutely not. It's new tires and realignment time.
Furthermore whoever did that 15k inspection ain't cuttin' it either. Get your $$$ back and fire 'em.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 06-25-2003, 03:23 AM

:/ yep.. bridgestone potenza so-3s...

Old 06-25-2003, 08:28 AM

No clue what is causing it. If the dealership is not catching it I doubt they will be able to tell you what is causing it either. Find somewhere new for service and see if they can help. I would also go to a tire dealer and get their opinion....Somone not affiliated with Infiniti.

Miss Maz

Old 06-25-2003, 08:52 AM
IQ9

It looks like a camber problem. Its common with lowered vehicles. You need to get a new tire a nd find a shop that works with lowered vehicles. They can do a custom alignment that does not use factory specs. They use ones that work[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Sorry about the tire. Tireracks about $220 on that tire..ouch...but I paid $197 for 225/50 17s each-Michelin. Go figure.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 AM

Holy crap bro thats pretty bad. I would definately make some complaints... I dont think thats safe wat if it blows up? lol

Old 06-25-2003, 10:18 AM

Certainly a severe problem. Replace tire ASAP. When realigning, stock allignment specs should be fine. One problem, on a lot of lowered cars, you can't get to stock alignment specs without some sort of adjustable bushings or "camber kit". Hopefully, that's not your case. With mild lowering, there may be enough adjustment range in the factory set up car to get the camber back to normal. Also, if you are getting rubbing on a suspension component, you shoud see evidence of that on the suspension piece.....lots of rubber dust, maybe a polished surface.

If you really want a performance alignment setting, keep in mind that camber angle should be approximately equal to the roll angle of the car "at the limit." One way to easily measure this roll angle is to have someone photograph the car at maximum cornering from head on, on a level piece of ground. Then use a protractor on the photograph. But you will pay a serious tire wear price on the street for dialing in any sort of negative camber at all. Anything more than 1/2 degree neg on the street will cause tire wear issues. But probably more like 2 1/2 degrees is optimal for the track. This is why few serious race cars, even in stock classes, are driven to events.

04 G35 6MTS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem/Wint (Hopefully Sept 03)
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 06-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Whoa, that's bad! Are you sure something isn't rubbing against the tire? Looking at your picture, is seems like the transition from good rubber to threads is very sudden; there seems to be a sharp line just to the left of the visible rubber blocks, but that could just be an optical illusion. If you drive with a tire like that, you are begging for a blowout.

2003.5 6MT Sedan. Carribean Blue / Graphite

Old 06-25-2003, 06:45 PM

:/ thanks for all of your helps

I went to the dealer today and said there is no camber adjustment on the front (i dunno if hes right or not) but went to the alignment shop and they noticed the toe was wrong. and corrected it and also put on two new Falken tires on the front.. he said ther eisnt a camber kit out for the G35 yet.. but im trying to find one for the 350Z and maybe it will fit.. :/ another problem I face now is that my front tires are 235 and my rear tires are 245.. and my SLIP light and VDC lights are always on now (meaning traction control is disabled).. called the store i got the tires from.. they said to drop by tomorrow morning.. problems..after problems...

ahh..

Old 06-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your front and rear tire sizes? The rears are Bridgestone S-03's, right? And the fronts are Falken whats? I want to lookup the diameters on your tires and see what the percentage difference is between them.

If you're going to run offset tire sizes on a sedan, you need them to be really, really close in overall diameter. We've been trying to confirm whether or not this is really true.. and it looks like you've just confirmed it. You may want to swap out either the front or the rear tires for something that's closer to the diameter of the other axle. In the meantime, disable your VDC (and drive carefully) -- every time that slip light blinks, your brakes are activating, and having it blink constantly can't be good for brake pad/rotor wear.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...and pesti, you know what happened the last time you drove without the vdc on...[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

03 G35s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Needing help -- can I drive like this???