G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Anyone say "no thanks" to the dealer wash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35sedan
Haha I think you guys over-worry about the look of the car, it is just a car. Women worry about their own look, and men worry about their cars' looks.
Famous last words.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:59 PM
I didnt let the dealer even prep mine. The salesman is a personal freind of mine, so all they did was take the tape off it. Had glue all over, but atleast I know I didnt give them the chance to mess up my car.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is what I did. It took me quite some time to have the tape lines dissappear.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
That is what I did. It took me quite some time to have the tape lines dissappear.
That's being a bit ridiculous IMO! I've never had a car messed up in prep by a dealer, and if the car has been sitting on the lot any amount of time, it is sure to have been washed a few times anyway.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone say "no thanks" to the dealer wash?
--- EVERY TIME!

.....even with other's cars.
C.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:00 AM
I make sure they write it on my key, on the work order, and I have a piece of paper on the passenger seat in bold letter don't wash the car... The car gets a hand wash, wax detail, interior clean, tire shine every week so I do not want a chessy job done by the dealer.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
That's being a bit ridiculous IMO! I've never had a car messed up in prep by a dealer, and if the car has been sitting on the lot any amount of time, it is sure to have been washed a few times anyway.
Then you must have not checked propperly. I got my car directly from the boat so she did not stay under the sun for long. As soon as it got there, the dealer called me and I skipped class to get her. Its not ridiculous... some people are **** about some things (such as clothing, colognes, watches), I am **** about my G.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Then you must have not checked propperly. I got my car directly from the boat so she did not stay under the sun for long. As soon as it got there, the dealer called me and I skipped class to get her. Its not ridiculous... some people are **** about some things (such as clothing, colognes, watches), I am **** about my G.
Wait, I too am far more **** than 90% of the people around when it comes to my cars, so don't be saying I didn't check correctly, I go over a new car thoroughly, my '05 was fine when I picked it up! The glue left all over the car isn't great for it either in the sun! And, how did you get it "directly from the boat" in Florida?

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 08-26-2005 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well you may have had a good dealer prep experience, it can happen. Trust us when we say that generally dealer prep is an 18 year old kid with a rotary going to town on your car, and the odds that he will do it right are not good. You lucked out which is awesome. I personally won't take that chance.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by picus112
Well you may have had a good dealer prep experience, it can happen. Trust us when we say that generally dealer prep is an 18 year old kid with a rotary going to town on your car, and the odds that he will do it right are not good. You lucked out which is awesome. I personally won't take that chance.
Trust us? What are you a used car salesman? I don't trust anyone who says "trust us". And just because 1% of Infiniti owners say "it can happen" doesn't mean anything. Oh, and by the way, don't drive your G, it might wear out!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 08-26-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I've only gone in twice for service (3750 and 7500) and at the 7500 they remembered and told me ( with out my reminding them) they would not wash my car (unless I requested it to be done) as my car is always so clean. So, unless it's the middle of winter in CT and my car is filthy, they won't wash it.

Old 08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Trust us? What are you a used car salesman? I don't trust anyone who says "trust us". And just because 1% of Infiniti owners say "it can happen" doesn't mean anything. Oh, and by the way, don't drive your G, it might wear out!
OK well if you're gonna be a ***** about it. Always nice to meet someone with the "I'm right and you're wrong and there is no middle ground" attitude - makes for great forum time. I'd say "grow up" but you'll just tell me you're 42 and then I'll feel sad about what's becoming of people.

Last edited by Picus; 08-26-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:53 PM
OK well if you're gonna be a ***** about it. Always nice to meet someone with the "I'm right and you're wrong and there is no middle ground" attitude - makes for great forum time. I'd say "grow up" but you'll just tell me you're 42 and then I'll feel sad about what's becoming of people.
Sorry, I just felt some attitude there, and thought I'd give it back, I guess it was more this comment that got to me than yours picus112.
Then you must have not checked propperly.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI
No problem. We all go about things differently. Let's just all agree we love our G's. Just today I was down at the CNE (a local exhibition in Toronto) and some guy was carressing my G's hood as I walked up. My wife, the little trouble maker, hit the fob's lock button and made it beep, shoulda seen his face.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
No problem. We all go about things differently. Let's just all agree we love our G's. Just today I was down at the CNE (a local exhibition in Toronto) and some guy was carressing my G's hood as I walked up. My wife, the little trouble maker, hit the fob's lock button and made it beep, shoulda seen his face.
I have done that several times with all my vehicles with the panic button, scares the hell out of them!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone say "no thanks" to the dealer wash?