G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Pictures of my new Black Obsidian 6MT G35! (and some garbage '05 M3)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pictures of my new Black Obsidian 6MT G35! (and some garbage '05 M3)

Just cracked 1,500 miles and I'm starting to get into the engine. All that I can say is, wow! I never had the feeling of the my foot coming off of the pedal from acceleration - until I started rowing through the low gears on the G. I guess I'm going to have to hit the gym. Know any good foot exercises? Just kidding I must be a wuss.

I just got back from getting a cofee which I havn't even opened yet because I was really looking for an excuse to drive the G. I was making a left turn behind an STI and I figured that it would be fun to see if I could keep up with him. Slow through first, into second, he's still not accelerating. I'm cruising at 3,000 in second when he puts his right turn signal on and makes for the shulder to turn right. I ripped it in second as was at about 6,500 (and going over the speed limit) when I passed his open window - I'm pretty sure I left a good impression

As promised, the pictures. The '05 M3 on the right is my friend's and we can finally have fun cruising together now that we are "rolling hard" in two fast cars.

Car was cleaned with P21s Bodywork Shampoo. I was going to wash with Dawn to get the dealer wax off (they put some swirls in, I'm so pissed) clean with Klasse All in One, seal with Klasse Sealer Glaze, and wax with P21 but I ran out of the Klasse SG

Old 09-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Congrats. Time to drop it.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Gting
Congrats. Time to drop it.
Thanks! Def. going to drop it and do sway bars when I get the $$. I really want to do a double-din Eclipse 6.5 inch DVD/Nav head unit first tho.

I just finished lining up these two in photoshop, I love the '05 tails.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:03 AM
Not to be a dick but you desperately need to remove that ugly *** license plate from the front of your G. Honestly it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen and it really makes the front (and overall) of your car look alot different.

Please listen to my advice.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by KingJames
Not to be a dick but you desperately need to remove that ugly *** license plate from the front of your G. Honestly it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen and it really makes the front (and overall) of your car look alot different.

Please listen to my advice.
Two things, 1) Illegal in NJ - the cops need to bounce the radar off something. However, I never had a front plate on my GS and I never got one ticket for it. 2) I looked to remove it, but behind that bracket is a gaping hole in the bumper. It is like a 4"x2" square hole cut out (looks like it is almost coming like that from Japan because it is painted perfectly) for the bracket. I will take some pictures and try to get some advice on plugging that hole when I get some time.

Can I charge you with purgery for saying "Honestly it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen..." ? Or is it really that much worse than any other front plate you have ever seen to make it stand out as the *overall ugliest thing* seen by you...EVER?

Old 09-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweeet! Your G looks very sharp. The Klasse twins and P21s is a great combo.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnNJ
Thanks! Def. going to drop it and do sway bars when I get the $$. I really want to do a double-din Eclipse 6.5 inch DVD/Nav head unit first tho.

I just finished lining up these two in photoshop, I love the '05 tails.

Yeah I gotta say the 05 circle back lights are damn hot. I mean I don't see too many 05's on the road for some reason. Anyway, today after work I saw a black 05 and I found myself stopped and just stared at it when in fact I have the same car at home. I like how when they tap on the brake and it lights up the 4 circles!!!

Old 09-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Yeah I gotta say the 05 circle back lights are damn hot. I mean I don't see too many 05's on the road for some reason. Anyway, today after work I saw a black 05 and I found myself stopped and just stared at it when in fact I have the same car at home. I like how when they tap on the brake and it lights up the 4 circles!!!
I wish that we had dual exhaust to match the dual circles but I guess you can't have it all.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wish that we had dual exhaust to match the dual circles but I guess you can't have it all.
I know...make that dual dual exhaust like your friends m3. Total of 4 to match the 4 circle lights.

Not only that, the exhaust of the coupe sounds alot better. Damn envy the coupe exhaust (although it's not a true dual but the sound itself is all worth while). Same goes with the Fx. Even Maxima and Altima gets dual...what's up with our G sedan?

Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I know...make that dual dual exhaust like your friends m3. Total of 4 to match the 4 circle lights.

Not only that, the exhaust of the coupe sounds alot better. Damn envy the coupe exhaust (although it's not a true dual but the sound itself is all worth while). Same goes with the Fx. Even Maxima and Altima gets dual...what's up with our G sedan?
That "quad" exhaust would look awesome if the bumper were designed for it, but as it stands it really only looks good with a single. If you made a kit that moved that evap. box, came with a big rear collecter (that accepted "true dual" pipes in) and 4 chrome tips and a rear under lip to match you would be a magnet for money on this board.

Old 09-20-2005, 02:14 AM
As far as the gap goes in the front bumper:

I have an 05 and there is a little square like you say. Mine has it plugged with the factory plug. It looks like I could pry it out if I wanted to so I could put that ugly plate in the front.

Understandble if it is the law, but you cant honestly tell me that looks good can you?

Old 09-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by KingJames
Understandble if it is the law, but you cant honestly tell me that looks good can you?
Stop acting like a woman......the way you treat your car is like how a woman treats herself, cares too much about the look. I don't see how a license plate would ruin a car's look that much...it is like "mom I got a rash on my chin I can't go to school like that". I think you are the kind of person who can't stand a little flaw on the "look" of your car, and when there is, you would immediately sell it and get another car, or at least immediately go to repair shop to have it fixed. Make me sick.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:05 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Can I charge you with purgery for saying "Honestly it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen..." ? Or is it really that much worse than any other front plate you have ever seen to make it stand out as the *overall ugliest thing* seen by you...EVER?
Dont worry about the front plate, i have mine on my G and it doesnt bother me. I didnt take it off cause when the deal put it on the screws went back into the paint and scratched it. I'm gonna get NISMO license plate frames to spice it up a bit. Your G is lookin good keep it up.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:59 AM
I hate the way the front license plate looks on our 05 G35 it ruins the look of the front bumper. Other than that GOOD LOOKING CAR.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:31 AM
The front plate is not looking all that great on the M3 either. I think the photoshopping of the numbers and the fact that the cars are black, makes it stand out more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new Black Obsidian 6MT G35! (and some garbage '05 M3)