G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

'05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and pics from the "stone" supporters. Will some of you "graphite" interior people post some pics if you have them?

Thanks.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scdgoofy
I have DG and Graphite and I really like it. I guess the question comes down to how meticulously you'll be able to maintain your car. For me, I have an almost three year old and one on the way. The kid(s) aren't in the car that much, but I didn't want to sweat black footprints on the seat every time they got in the car. Graphite was really the only option for me under those circumstances.

And yes, it is a bit warm, but just throw some tint on the window to cut the heat.

I must agree. Here is what helped me on my decsion and I would recommend it highly to you. Since all Infiniti Dealerships supply multiple loaner vehicles to buyers while their vehicles are geting serviced. I took a look at ten 2004-2005 loaner g35's with these two interiors. The graphite showed little wear and most of them still looked great. I can't say the same for the Stone. Now I must add that it I took in consideration that I would keep up the interior and make sure it always looked great but the stone just looked sad in these vehicles. Just my $0.02

I haven't noticed much heat inside with tint.

Good luck and whichever you choose you will love.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Here's our graphite interior. This was almost brand new and pre-tint. Still looks great though. It's the '04 so there is no metal accents - which I personally prefer.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
I chose the Stone interior for my DG because it is much more pleasing to the eye with the mix of gray, black, and aluminum. Graphite is just black with no contrast. I also like how the black dash wraps around the door panels on the Stone interior. I'm sure the Stone is a little cooler than the Graphite but it's probably not that big of a difference. With the cold AC blowing hard, both will cool down fast.

Totally agree with jawjaw here, I love how the black wraps around the car from the front dash all the way to the back going around the doors. I test drove both colors and the stone just seemed more classy (IMHO). Black interiors remind me of a coffin, not that I have ever been in one

Old 10-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Jp1
style choice

I went with the graphite because of the grey/silver/black theme. Clear corners and some tint help too. I live in Dallas and the graphite interior is blazing hot. I usually keep the sun shade up and I start the car and let the ac run while two vents are pointed at my seat! That being said, the graphite interior fit my style. You should go with yours. Good luck!

[IMG][IMG]

Attached Thumbnails '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???-100_1163a.jpg   '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???-untitled-2.jpg  
Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
BTW the tan inside pillar between the front and side windows is an eyesore regardless of what color you choose.
I hadn't noticed this till you pointed it out. Thanks a lot.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Go see http://www.hollinger.net/pictures/G35 for my pictures. I don't like the look of the stone or wheat interiors, primarily because the consoles are a different color from the seats. I like the fact that the black interior is 100% black (with a nice aluminum trim ).

I think you'll see these are a little better than some other interior shots of the car; I set the white balance and exposure so that you can see what the interior looks like in normal lighting conditions.

To sum up: I'd suggest the graphite interior.

~ Mike

Old 10-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I had a time making up my mind, but I chose willow (the 04 version of wheat, I think) over graphite. The lighter color made the car seem more open and brighter. But they both look fine! Enjoy whichever you get.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 AM
I also forgot about the heat issue that several people brought up.

If you're concerned about the heat captured in the cabin, you can hold down the unlock buttons on the i-Key to roll down the windows on the car. I have mine programmed to roll down after five seconds. The default is three or four, if I recall. This is a feature found on the premium package that may or may not be available with the standard equipment.

When I walk up to my car, I hold the button down, the windows roll down and the blast furnace heat has a few moments to cool off before I get in.

I live in central Texas. We just set some record highs for the end of September with 108 degree heat. Its really not that bad. Besides, your aluminum trim (which, in my opinion, is the hottest part), will get hot no matter what color your seats are.

~ Mike

Last edited by mhollinger; 10-06-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got black on black, only because my exterior was black...

Old 10-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I went back to the dealer last night and had both colors pulled into the service bay so that I could check them out in the light side by side. Right now it looks as if stone is the winner (at least until tomorrow when I change my mind, haha).

Old 10-06-2005, 09:21 AM
I switched from graphite to stone and really loving it. We still have the black one too but it's for my wife with the kid. Black is definitely easier to take care but so damn HOT! Stone is so damn hard to clean, expecially after the maintenance guys drove it, but very high fashion sensed and luxurious.