G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Smartkey question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smartkey question...

When I start the car and then walk away from it with the fob still with me to go back into the house, the car beeps a few times. This makes sense, as it is a reminder that I'm leaving the car running without the key. But when I return to the car and get in, a furious sequence of different toned beeps sounds for a few seconds. Why is this? The fob is returning to a running car. Why the alert? Maybe I'm overlooking the reasoning.........

Old 10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm...I need to try this. Are you locking the car when you leave it unattended?

Old 10-20-2005, 02:50 AM
i turn my car in the morning to warm it up and always walk away w the key...when i come back it doesnt make a sound...but then again i leave it unlocked...never had that beeping come up when i got back in but it does beep when i leave the area

Old 10-20-2005, 07:07 AM
I leave the car unlocked........it doesn't adversely affect anything, and it only does it for a few seconds.

aequitask, is yours an 05?

Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I walk away with the keys and the car is running and when I return the door is locked?

Old 10-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by vrsc
When I walk away with the keys and the car is running and when I return the door is locked?

Mine definately remains open.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Mine (05) doesn't make the return beep, but I also don't lock my car during that situation as I only leave it when I'm checking the mail at the community mailbox thing and am only about 20 feet from my car.

Now, this morning, I shut the car down, got out and wanted to open the rear door, but the door was locked. I decided to use the unlock on the remote and the system got all R2D2 on me like I'm assuming yours did. The manual does have a pretty comprehensive chart listing the different beeps and chimes so that might be a place to look.

Albert

Old 10-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by DP03
Mine definately remains open.
I think I've noticed that, if I unlock the door with either the keyfob or the button on the side of the door, but don't actually open the door, it locks after a couple of minutes.

I haven't noticed it auto locking while running, however.

Albert

Old 10-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by akrus
I think I've noticed that, if I unlock the door with either the keyfob or the button on the side of the door, but don't actually open the door, it locks after a couple of minutes.

I haven't noticed it auto locking while running, however.

Albert
yea, the autolock if no door opened is the way it's supposed to work. that's a good feature that I've had on many previous cars.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 AM
The manual does have a pretty comprehensive chart listing the different beeps and chimes so that might be a place to look.

Albert
I looked and must have missed it. I'll check again.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I looked and must have missed it. I'll check again.
I think my M's Intelli-key system is the same as the G's. In the back of the section on the I-key (O's Manual) is the operating guide with all the mode choices. That might help. G/L

C.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
I leave the car unlocked........it doesn't adversely affect anything, and it only does it for a few seconds.

aequitask, is yours an 05?

yea its an 05

Old 10-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Just did a little test:

- left car running, and exited with I-key - R2D2 chattering away;
- closed door and walked away;
- pressed LOCK on I-key - nothing appeared to happen, no chirping, no light flashes, maybe the dog next door barked but that's about it;
- went back to car and pulled handle - LOCKED;
- pressed I-key button on door - could hear locks unlocking but still no R2D2 noises

I kinda like this. Now, if I want to leave the car idling briefly while say, going into the house to get something I forgot, I can lock it with the remote.

Only thing slicker would be for the car to auto lock as I walked away and unlock as I approached.

When I first considered buying the G, I was considering not getting the I-key (therefore Premium pkg) just because I was in a "I don't need that" mood. After having the car nearly 2 months, I can say that I am extremely happy that I got it. Only wish the G had the heated steering wheel that my Maxima had - this truly would be the perfect car then.

Albert

Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only wish the G had the heated steering wheel that my Maxima had - this truly would be the perfect car then.

Albert
You can always come to florida and leave your car out in our hot a$$ sun. Whenever you get in, you will have a toasty steering wheel for about 20 minutes

Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by vrsc
You can always come to florida and leave your car out in our hot a$$ sun. Whenever you get in, you will have a toasty steering wheel for about 20 minutes
LOL!! I might do that for a golf trip this winter. Thinking about Florida or Arizona. I'm already thinking about putting the sticks away and slipping the ice scraper into the trunk of the G...

Ahh, but we're the home of Tim Horton's

Albert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Smartkey question...