G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What makes Infiniti dealers the top ranked dealers in surveys?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What makes Infiniti dealers the top ranked dealers in surveys?

I went for my first oil change at the dealer (Cerritos Infiniti). To be honest I didn't feel that the people working there were any better than any other dealers I've been to. Also, they only have a small waiting room with cable TV plus some magazines. There were some coffee and 3 pastries left in a basket. No Internet, juice or other snacks around. So in what way are Infiniti dealers supposed to be better than say Nissan, Toyota or Honda?

Old 11-05-2005, 07:08 AM
You got me there. I sort of have the same feeling. The dealer I go to is part of a group that also sells Volvos and Hondas. I used to go to the Honda dealer with my old Accord, and there's not much difference in terms of the waiting area. They both had TVs and leather recliners. The Infiniti dealer does have internet connection (not sure about Honda since I haven't gone in years). But, point being that the Infiniti and Honda waiting area are pretty much the same....I can't tell one from the other. Service wise, Infiniti is better (again, I'm comparing to Honda service from years ago). But, when compared to the Nissan dealer I used to take my Altima to up to a year ago, there's no comparison (but, I've only been to the Infiniti dealer 4 times). That Nissan dealer kicked a$$ when it came to service. Right now, I always compare the Infiniti dealer to them to rate how the Infiniti dealer is doing. Seems kinda backwards that I feel more confident in the Nissan service team than the Infiniti one.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:40 AM
I think like many things now days it just depends where you go. Sewell here in Dallas seems to have it all. It is like sitting in your living room and they treat me like a king. However when I had my vette and the same with my BMW the dealership acted like they could care less. Go figure spend 40k and get treated like the same guy who bought the 17k Malibu.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
All it takes is one bad experience to sour the customer relationship. My Infiniti dealer is OK, but nothing special. As far as great customer service I would choose my Harley dealer. I had purchased passenger floorboards for the wife but as began to install them I noticed the bolt was too deep for my socket to reach. The guy at the parts department looked at bike and told me the service department was closed for the evening but would see what he could do. He actually took the time to grind one of their sockets down so it would fit into the tight space. 15 minutes of his time has kept a customer for life.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
jcd
Garcia Infiniti (Albuquerque NM) will keep me as a customer for a long, long time! Bought the FX35, G35x and now the M35x from them. The dealership is about 55 miles from home, but their customer service is worth the drive. I'm not sure if they have internet service, but loads of sodas, bottled water, coffee, fresh-baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and bagels. There are two service advisors who are extremely attentive. The detail (car wash) person does a fantastic job. Purchasing a vehicle from them is so relaxed and easy, never any stress or anxieties. I can't say enough good about this dealership! Working with Garcia Infiniti makes you realize why Infiniti is always rated best for customer service.

Last edited by jcd; 11-05-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Infiniti is top ranked in dealer surveys? I love my car, but I've yet to see an Infiniti dealer that was nicer looking / feeling than just about any other dealership, and frankly the people I've dealt with do have not instilled me with confidence. I realize that on the boards we see a much higher percentage of complaints since it's such a crucible for people with problems, but overall I get the impression that Infiniti dealerships are kind of crummy.

Our BMW dealership is much nicer aesthetically and the people are more friendly and accomodating.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jcd
Garcia Infiniti (Albuquerque NM) will keep me as a customer for a long, long time! Bought the FX35, G35x and now the M35x from them. The dealership is about 55 miles from home, but their customer service is worth the drive. I'm not sure if they have internet service, but loads of sodas, bottled water, coffee, fresh-baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and bagels. There are two service advisors who are extremely attentive. The detail (car wash) person does a fantastic job. Purchasing a vehicle from them is so relaxed and easy, never any stress or anxieties. I can't say enough good about this dealership! Working with Garcia Infiniti makes you realize why Infiniti is always rated best for customer service.
+1, and the new detail guy is good, and don't be eating all the cookies, I have to take my G in on Tuesday!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 11-05-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:58 PM
maybe its because when you go for service they ask you to fill out a survey and ask that you rate everything excellent or they get in trouble. if you are like me you never return the survey. but if someone gives them the ratings they want i bet they just keep hitting the same people up for surveys and walla..... their the best!!

Old 11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
I purchased my G from Infiniti of Mission Viejo in California, and we just happen to have family that lives in the area, so anytime we go to visit, we call ahead and drop the car off and they wash it, inside and out. for free. it only takes about 45 minutes, but we drop it off, go have lunch or shop and then come back in an hour to a spotless car. I haven't needed maintenance yet, but I'll drive the 70+ miles there unless the car can't make it. I used to drive a volvo, and it seemed I just started burning money any time I rode near the dealership. but then again I guess that is the difference between a warranty and no warranty.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
my dealer gave me a $50 gift certificate to The Chart House if I rated them as "excellent" in all the categories.

Not exactly ethical, but the steak was great!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
my dealer gave me a $50 gift certificate to The Chart House if I rated them as "excellent" in all the categories.

Not exactly ethical, but the steak was great!!!
Wow! That is rediculous. I'd turn their a$$es in. Can't buy me off.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Hot female service writters.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I just brought my car in for its first service last Saturday. Service was great IMO. I had an oil change and got some squeeks taken care of. They were good about listening to what I wanted done and didn't hustle me on anything. I kicked back in some nice chairs, read the paper, and drank some coffee. The nice thing was that it didn't cost me anything.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Yesterday I went to the service department of my local dealership to ask about the tire pressure light and a young guy was being very helpful. But in the middle of our conversation, an old timer cuts in, lifts his watch in the air and starts to tap his watch.... "Our service department is almost closed." You can trust that I will never go see that guy again. That coupled with the poor treatment during the sales portion of my Infiniti experience may well have lost a life-time Infiniti/Nissan loyalist. There is just no reason to treat people like that, especially in a luxury type establishment where I spent A LOT of my hard-earned money.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:05 PM
What I like best about my dealer....Well it was a year ago December '04 and I was interested in a '05 G35X. I went in with my "VPP" number in hand only planning to look at colors and to see first hand the new '05 interior.

So here is what transpired, first after a say 30 minute conversation with a salesman he tossed me the keys and sent me out for a test drive BY MYSELF, I was gone for well over an hour.

When I returned we talked again, I said that I was not ready to order, still thinking of what color to get.

He said can I run some "VPP Numbers" for you, I said sure which I had already done before my visit...WELL his numbers were wrong, so I placed the order and saved an additional $400.00 under "VPP"

The car had to be ordered but when I picked it up they pointed out their mistake, I played dumb and they honored the agreed upon price...actually what else could they do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What makes Infiniti dealers the top ranked dealers in surveys?