G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Got cut off by a loaded Volvo s60 sedan.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got cut off by a loaded Volvo s60 sedan.

I'll start off to admit that I'm guilty of doing this in the past as I was young and reckless. So, here it goes.

On Thanks giving day, I was heading down from 118E from Simi valley to City of Industry to join my relatives for the gathering. Since its gonna be a long drive for at least 1 1/4 hour, I had my car set at cruise control for 70 mph as there were just so many Cops out there and my children was also on board for this wonderful day. As soon as I got in the CarPool lane, there is this gold volvo s60 gaining on me fast and start to tail gating me. Back in old days I would either speed up or slow down but today is different. In just 15 minutes of driving I already saw 4 cops and with my entire family onboard I wouldn't risk it for stupid sense of pride in breaking the law by going any faster then 70 mph. I figure will if they want to break the law then just go around me at the next available exit since I'm on cruise control, they shouldn't have any problem passing me as I have no intension of blocking them off. Well, this biatch happen to be a middle age women driving with 3 other adults on board. She decided to tail gating me hard to intimadate me, so I'll speed up as there were no other exist for a couple more miles. I would get out of her way when the next carpool exit appears which it not due for another 5 miles but she tail gated me all the way and that really **** me off. But I keep my cool and just rolling at 70mph not speeding up or slowing down as I'm on Cruise Ctrl. Deep inside me, my blood is pumping and my foot wanting to slam on the brake to warn this Biatch to back off. After I regain myself control as this is so childish I just let my car do the crusing and kept my foot off the brake pedal. Finally the next car pool exit come up and the Volvo took off trying passing me as expected. It would of been easy go around but this biatch decide to cut me off instead to scare me and also give his rear male passenger enough time to flick me off. Its good that my family were already a sleep but I wasn't please at all. I was so sure that I will chase this assh*le down to cut her off and slam on the brake to show her/him how slow their Volvo really is but after I look back in my rear view mirror and saw how well my children sounded asleep. I regain my fatherly conscious and remove my foot off the gas pedal and wonder off to my dream land in dreaming how this would of come down back in the old days.

Just to get this out of my system. Hope everyone have a wonderful Thanks Giving Day.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Didn't your whole post, but if it was an S60R, they are faster than our G's. I owned one right before the G......

Old 11-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Karma is a b1tch and she will eventually get hers, but I have to say 70mph is pretty slow, why didn't you just pull over?

Old 11-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Way to stay composed. Good dad skills.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:14 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
You did the right thing bro.......No sense getting bent over a dumb*** driver..... LOL, these days you'd always be p'd off...

Hope your Thankgiving went well.

C.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:09 PM
G tailgated by a Volvo?

Originally Posted by m500
I'll start off to admit that I'm guilty of doing this in the past as I was young and reckless. So, here it goes.

On Thanks giving day, I was heading down from 118E from Simi valley to City of Industry to join my relatives for the gathering. Since its gonna be a long drive for at least 1 1/4 hour, I had my car set at cruise control for 70 mph as there were just so many Cops out there and my children was also on board for this wonderful day. As soon as I got in the CarPool lane, there is this gold volvo s60 gaining on me fast and start to tail gating me. Back in old days I would either speed up or slow down but today is different. In just 15 minutes of driving I already saw 4 cops and with my entire family onboard I wouldn't risk it for stupid sense of pride in breaking the law by going any faster then 70 mph. I figure will if they want to break the law then just go around me at the next available exit since I'm on cruise control, they shouldn't have any problem passing me as I have no intension of blocking them off. Well, this biatch happen to be a middle age women driving with 3 other adults on board. She decided to tail gating me hard to intimadate me, so I'll speed up as there were no other exist for a couple more miles. I would get out of her way when the next carpool exit appears which it not due for another 5 miles but she tail gated me all the way and that really **** me off. But I keep my cool and just rolling at 70mph not speeding up or slowing down as I'm on Cruise Ctrl. Deep inside me, my blood is pumping and my foot wanting to slam on the brake to warn this Biatch to back off. After I regain myself control as this is so childish I just let my car do the crusing and kept my foot off the brake pedal. Finally the next car pool exit come up and the Volvo took off trying passing me as expected. It would of been easy go around but this biatch decide to cut me off instead to scare me and also give his rear male passenger enough time to flick me off. Its good that my family were already a sleep but I wasn't please at all. I was so sure that I will chase this assh*le down to cut her off and slam on the brake to show her/him how slow their Volvo really is but after I look back in my rear view mirror and saw how well my children sounded asleep. I regain my fatherly conscious and remove my foot off the gas pedal and wonder off to my dream land in dreaming how this would of come down back in the old days.

Just to get this out of my system. Hope everyone have a wonderful Thanks Giving Day.
Your decision was a wise one considering your family was in the car. It sounds as if she was riding your *** on a single lane road which is just uncalled for! At the same time there is nothing more frustrating than having a vehicle religiously keeping the speed limit in front of you in the fast lane matching the speed of all the vehicles in the 2 lanes to the right. Especially when there is miles of empty highway ahead of him. In this situation drivers should adapt european road edicate and move to the right lane if faster traffic is creeping up. On European roads its perfectly acceptable to blink your high beams to warn traffic ahead that you are fast approaching and people move out of your way without incident. In Canada and the US it seems that this is of great offence to the slower drivers and manage to even flip you off in disgust as you pass them. What I find ironic is that they are in my way inconveniencing me, making me brake and lose enjoyment of my new G and they're mad? It should be a chargable offence to park in the fast lane and I wish there was a way I could sue for loss of enjoyment in life because of such offence. haha! Kidding! Anyway, if you're sunday driving with your families' please America stay in the right lane. The rest of us motoring enthusiasts appreciate the room to choose for ourselves whats right or wrong.

Last edited by Wildcard; 11-25-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
He probably didn't pull over because he was in the carpool lane...most of these aren't the safest to pull over on.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
your maintenance of composure shoulw be well lauded. i wonder what would have happened if you were alone in the car?

Old 11-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by shodog
Karma is a b1tch and she will eventually get hers, but I have to say 70mph is pretty slow, why didn't you just pull over?
I was in the carpool lane when I got tail gated by the Volvo driver, unless I'm willing to risk my family life and breaking the law at the same time, there is no place for me to move over. I usually do try to get out of the way unless I'm already faster then the cars over at the right lane when I'm not in the Carpool lane.

70 mph slow? It'll already over the speed limit by 5 mph. Consider we're just coming off from 55mph from couple years ago, haha. I know what you're talking about. My average speed before I got marry is no less then 90+mph in my chick magnet BMW V8s.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wildcard
Your decision was a wise one considering your family was in the car. It sounds as if she was riding your *** on a single lane road which is just uncalled for! At the same time there is nothing more frustrating than having a vehicle religiously keeping the speed limit in front of you in the fast lane matching the speed of all the vehicles in the 2 lanes to the right. Especially when there is miles of empty highway ahead of him. In this situation drivers should adapt european road edicate and move to the right lane if faster traffic is creeping up. On European roads its perfectly acceptable to blink your high beams to warn traffic ahead that you are fast approaching and people move out of your way without incident. In Canada and the US it seems that this is of great offence to the slower drivers and manage to even flip you off in disgust as you pass them. What I find ironic is that they are in my way inconveniencing me, making me brake and lose enjoyment of my new G and they're mad? It should be a chargable offence to park in the fast lane and I wish there was a way I could sue for loss of enjoyment in life because of such offence. haha! Kidding! Anyway, if you're sunday driving with your families' please America stay in the right lane. The rest of us motoring enthusiasts appreciate the room to choose for ourselves whats right or wrong.

It is a single lane consider its Carpool lane with next exit of about 5 miles down. You expect to see slower car in the CarPool lane as its mostly Van and bus with load of people. I would love to adopt the autobahn rule if its legal. This will give me a excuse to drive at 100+ legally. These days I'm not taking any chances in trying to breaking any laws.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by DP03
Didn't your whole post, but if it was an S60R, they are faster than our G's. I owned one right before the G......

DP03, I wouldn't know what model that was as my brain was overheated with Blood when the jeak in the backseat flick me off. But I don't think its a S60R as it's having difficulties passing me on the long opening and did not really take off as fast when it finally passed me as a 300hp turbo car.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:39 PM
the s60r is a dog, i test drove two of them before i got the G and all i can say is boooring..........

Old 11-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the S60R is too heavy and do 6.2 to 60mph? dun quote me on this one, but my point is, you should be praised for staying clam and being a good farther!

godmans

Old 11-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good job staying cool. There is nothing worse than a tailgater when you are already driving outside the legal limits. People like that are exacperating. I would have had a tendency to slow down to 65 to really drive them nuts.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Sumlime311
the s60r is a dog, i test drove two of them before i got the G and all i can say is boooring..........
The R has 300 hp and will both out accelerate and out handle the G. The only test where the G ran faster was in a desert when the temp was 110 degrees. Turbo's suffer big time with high heat. Even the mag that did the test reminded readers that the car ran significantly faster in a previous test (0-60 in 5.7 sec, I think). Guys are running high 13's out of the box. Furthermore, that car could do better if they find a way to make it launch better. Not sure why, but the car does not launch particularly well despite it's AWD system.

Now, you may have a faster version of the G than I do, but I can tell you first hand the Volvo (6MT) was faster than my X.

I sure as hell wouldn't call the R boring, but I suppose that is somewhat subjective.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got cut off by a loaded Volvo s60 sedan.