G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

g35 pulls right...alignment issue???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 09:47 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: g35 pulls right...alignment issue???

There is a TSB on the driver seat rocking problem. Take it
to the dealer and have them fix it.

2003 Twilight Blue Sedan 5AT, sunroof, Graphite Leather,
splashguards, GG red 8 wire Hypergrounding kit, 350Z intake duct, Stillen CAI.

Old 09-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off of the phone with the service department. "The mechanic took it out onto the road and found nothing wrong. He noticed the automobile pull to the right, but it was nothing to worry about because all roads are designed to make it pull right"....You don't say....really genius???

Then I explained the following things to him:
1. That this problem is also happening on the flat highway roads, not just neighborhood roads.

2. Then I requested the alignment specs. He told me that would cost $90 because they don't put cars on the machine unless a problem exists. I told him that i'm not paying a dollar to service a brand new car....the alignment specs will determin if a problem does exist.

3. Finally, I mentioned the TSB for the coupe.

He agreed to take the car out again and will provide a status update tommorrow .

Thanks for all your feedback guyz/galz...appreciate it!!!!

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Desert Platinum\graphite
prem, sport, aero, and winter.

Old 09-04-2003, 09:04 PM

Yeah, I love the "the car naturally pulls right dur to the roads" BS.
I think they actually have to align it to see if there is a problem, but make them do it!

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 09-05-2003, 02:09 PM

Personally, I think there is something wrong with the c rod and they just won't fix it. Put it simply, if I purchase a BRAND new car and it doesn't go straight and designed to pull right...I would NEVER buy the car. Personally, I think you should be able to drive without your hands in case you have to eat or make a call...not that I do that . Furthermore, no one at the service department could explain why my car was running straight, then after bringing it in to get the registry stick and the license plate stick installed that it pulled right. We are not talking drift, we are talking pull so much so that I had the alignment done.

I've asked a few car enthusiasts that I know and they always recommend getting your align specs. If they refuse, then tell go to their manager and tell the manager you'll go to his and so on...Most importantly, if you end up having to do this, write a letter to the customer service office and tell them IN DETAIL your story and I GUARENTEE you will be satisfied. Here in Houston, the reason Lexus's is more popular then Infinity is SERVICE....Lexus's has first rate service, no hassles, no question...hands down the best. If Infinity is going to compete, they must compete in the service department.

It may be a hassle, but take it from a guy who has written over a dozen customer complaint letters in his life to get what he wants...and me gets! =) GL.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Personally, I think you should be able to drive without your hands in case you have to eat or make a call

<hr></blockquote>
LOL! That's where a lawyer would say your argument fell apart [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I agree that your car should be perfect-- that's just odd that it would pull THAT car to the right. I noticed mine pulled, but then when I went and drove straight across a parking lot? Nothing. It was completely in the curvature of the road. Now, in Nashville my car pulled to the left... want to know why? The highways in nashville slope IN(!!) When it rains, a pool forms on 440, it's pathetic. Sheesh...

Definitely talk to your service manager, and then manager of the dealership. I've been blessed with the best service dept. and sales dept. that I've ever encountered through the purchase of a dozen or so vehicles. Infiniti up here beats everyone else into the ground... I wish it were more uniform between the dealerships, though.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 09-22-2003, 12:31 PM

My G35 with Sports suspension needs to go back to the dealer for the 4th time because of this problem. I left it with them for 10 days back in May to make sure it was fix for good. They reportedly adjusted the caster and the car did not pull for a couple of months. Now with slightly over 10,000 miles, it's pulling hard enough to be unsafe. My question is has anyone had this problem fixed such that it did NOT come back? If so, what did they do to the car to fix it? I hope I get several replies, but I'm afraid I won't get any!!

2003.5 Sedan Desert Platinum
Premium, Sport, Aero, Navi

Old 09-22-2003, 04:01 PM

I'm assuming you read the entire thread? You have to ask for the aliagnment specs. If after you get it back with an alignment adjustment and you still have this problem come back, I'm stumped. After they did mine, it's been fine since...that's 3 mo.s ago. The only other thing perhaps is the compression rod on your car may have gone bad. Maybe have them look at it.

GL

Old 09-24-2003, 03:48 PM

My dealership installed the right compression rod, same as the coupe fix.
Now my wheel points slightly left, and the car still wants to drift right.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 07-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

seems like most of you own the 2003 coupe and sedan. anybody's 2004 coupe does this? I just noticed it on mine on the freeway. mine was made in march 2004.

---------------------------------------------------------
RIP
1994 accord coupe ex
269whp / 281wtq @ 14psi

now....
a happy driver of a TB 6mt w/ navi

Old 07-08-2004, 12:29 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah mine pulls a little (I got the TSB fix) but I hardly notice it. Very very slight pull for me.

04 Coupe Auto/DG/Prem/Nav/Perf