G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Excellent New Wiper Blades--Seriously

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Excellent New Wiper Blades--Seriously

OK, I know this might seem like a lame post, but I just discovered the best wiper blades I have ever seen. I went to Advance Auto Parts, and they have a new wiper blade by Bosch. It is called the ICON. They have a built in wind diffuser, and the blade automatically bows to hug the windshield. It is a solid design with no holes in it (looks like a little spoiler). My car used to whistle on the highway, but since I have installed these, it doesn't do it anymore. I figured with April showers here, some people might be in the market for some new blades. I HIGHLY recommend these. Here is a link...it's very hard to find pics right now because they are so new. Scroll down about halfway down the thread:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...ad/t-1967.html

Old 04-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Florida G35 Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much and do you know if they make them for the coupe?
Lips

Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
FWIW.. we've been talking about these & the Veleo's for a while in the Canadian section.
There're a few pics as well.

LINKY

Old 04-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by G35lips
How much and do you know if they make them for the coupe?
Lips
They recommend the same for both coupe & sedan.
422A & 418B. (22" & 18")
It has been found that the coupe should be 23" on the drivers side.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used them for a few months now, they are great.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I bought my pair from Autozone for $43 a few months back and love them.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Premier Member

I bought the Tri-Co ones that was like this as wel but they sucked. I ditched them for some other brand silicon ones. Have to try the Bosch ones next time.

Originally Posted by khsonic03
OK, I know this might seem like a lame post, but I just discovered the best wiper blades I have ever seen. I went to Advance Auto Parts, and they have a new wiper blade by Bosch. It is called the ICON. They have a built in wind diffuser, and the blade automatically bows to hug the windshield. It is a solid design with no holes in it (looks like a little spoiler). My car used to whistle on the highway, but since I have installed these, it doesn't do it anymore. I figured with April showers here, some people might be in the market for some new blades. I HIGHLY recommend these. Here is a link...it's very hard to find pics right now because they are so new. Scroll down about halfway down the thread:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...ad/t-1967.html

Old 04-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh, sorry for the re-post. Yeah, I guess I didn't see that because I'm not very Canadian Well, on another note, they were $18 and $22 I'm pretty sure. No one else around had them yet (ie Autozone, Pepboys, etc). I love them though. The lack of whistling made it all worth it alone! Not to mention the wiping abilities!

Old 04-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by khsonic03
Oh, sorry for the re-post. Yeah, I guess I didn't see that because I'm not very Canadian Well, on another note, they were $18 and $22 I'm pretty sure. No one else around had them yet (ie Autozone, Pepboys, etc). I love them though. The lack of whistling made it all worth it alone! Not to mention the wiping abilities!
They seem very localized for availability..
When I was in OC in Feb none of the autozones stocked them

Old 04-03-2006, 03:31 PM
the tip on one of my wiper blade is cut and i was planing to get it warranty in my next service. But i rather have the icon then the stocks, my question is, is it self install and what about the holes for the water to shoot out. The g35 blade has holes within the blade that shoots out unlike other sedan with holes on the hood. If i switch to icon will my ability to clean my windshield be loss?

Old 04-03-2006, 03:37 PM
I completely agree about this wipers A++++++ in my book. I was going to order the PIAA blades but for the price and being so easy to get them you cannot go wrong with these blades!

Old 04-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by NonAme
the tip on one of my wiper blade is cut and i was planing to get it warranty in my next service. But i rather have the icon then the stocks, my question is, is it self install and what about the holes for the water to shoot out. The g35 blade has holes within the blade that shoots out unlike other sedan with holes on the hood. If i switch to icon will my ability to clean my windshield be loss?
Yes, it is very easy to install yourself.

And are you talking about the water nozzle? If so, no you will not lose the ability to use your windshield fluid to clean your windshiled. The nozzles are located on the arms of the wipers and not the blades, which is what you are replacing.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I prefer Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades - http://www.ultimatewiperblade.com/ - better than ICONs.

/edit here's my review thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/87170-valeo-ultimate-wiper-blades-review-pics.html

Old 04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
so i tryed to took a nap after a day of heavy classes but my thoughts kept thinking about the dam icon blades. SoO... i eventually got up and drove 5 miles to my advance auto zone to get it. they were 40 dollars, dam expensive for something i never thought to buy b4. But they were worth it, it was a snap to get them on, i did it right outside the store. They look buff, those stock ones were like steve ergle vs goldberg. And they held tight.
Conclusion, good stuff, possibly the best usage of 40dollar in a long while for me.

422A and 418B for the g35. Those are the types that fit the G.

I recommend all to buy them.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, so these things look cool and work great out of the box.

But since they cost 3X what a "regular" blade goes for, just how long will they last? 3X longer, or just the same - e.g. 12 months??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Excellent New Wiper Blades--Seriously