G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

why can't i beat my friend's '06 330i?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I will send that video to u to and we will switch. I will drive the auto and my friend will drive my car.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SixFive
Your knees will go bad if you drive the Philly to Raleigh Corridor. 3 hours in stop and go happened too many times for me, and my wife will never get how to drive a stick...anyway

My best time is a 14.2 at 97.x. That was against a 6 speed coupe that had very similar mods and ran a 14.8 at 94.x.

See it here: http://www.kptechnologies.net/chris/chris_race.htm

The next best time was on a hot day against a 350 where I ran 14.4 at 95.8 or so while the Z ran 14.9 at 94.9. He jumped me off the line and I pulled on him and beat him to the line after passing him easily.

Note that I am on stock A/S turanzas and had 30k miles on them when I ran the z and while times where good, they could have been better given that I had a 2.3 60'.
You raced poorly driven 6mts in my opinion. Anyone who sits in traffic for 3 hours is a freaking idiot IMO also.

We all know properly driven vehicles in identical climates, the advantage will go to a Manual Transmission, given the automatic is not SMG.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well this fraking idiot couldn't forsee an accident happening in the DC area but I'll be sure to check with someone in SOCAL if I want the threshold for stupidity as it relates to sitting in traffic....or should i say anyone living in socal and driving to work should get thier head checked. Don't be so pissy punk.

...I' m sure you think you are the greatest MT driver and couldn't lose but so did the other guys. You sound like a sore loser and you haven't even raced me. Save you're manual tranny agression for your lover and when you get a 12 second car maybe you'll fill the kings britches.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
DaveB we always had this arguement about 5AT being faster than 6MT. All i can say is i would love to run against ur car with my "inconcestant" 6MT.
Like I've told you twice now, you post your best 1/4 mile slip (increment by increment), the track, and DA conditions (I can correct to DA if needed) and we'll see who's honestly quicker My best ET/MPH was in near sea level like conditions so there's no correcting needed. I've NEVER contended that the 5AT was the faster car, but it's not remotely as slow as people think. SixFive, BossSho, and myself have proven this. In a 1/4 mile race, mod for mod, and on regular tires, it should be damn close. I've been watching G35s and 350Zs race at my track since 2002. I know what they're capable of at my track.

As for racing on the street, it's ABSOLUTELY meaningless. If you outreact the other driver by just a mere 0.5 seconds (something you really couldn't even see), you'll have a huge advantage. HUGE. Racing on the strip tells the truth. Everytime.

Last edited by DaveB; 09-18-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
We all know properly driven vehicles in identical climates, the advantage will go to a Manual Transmission, given the automatic is not SMG.
Not true. F-Body and Vette owners typically see better ET/MPH with the automatics. Turbo Supra, 300ZX TTs, and 911 TT are also faster thanks to the fact that they can build boost with a brake torque and no boost is lost between shifts.

I'm with SixFive on this one, 8 times out of 10, I'm certain I'll be a similiarly modded G35 6MT. I've always been dead on about this car when I said it would run 14.4s in warm weather and 14.3s in cool weather stock (unless you believe a Z-pipe adds power). I'm pretty certain my 5AT will run 14.2s, possibly a 14.1 with the spacer which is faster than 95% of the modded NA G35s (5AT or 6MT) on this site.

Last edited by DaveB; 09-18-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
well this fraking idiot couldn't forsee an accident happening in the DC area but I'll be sure to check with someone in SOCAL if I want the threshold for stupidity as it relates to sitting in traffic....or should i say anyone living in socal and driving to work should get thier head checked. Don't be so pissy punk.

...I' m sure you think you are the greatest MT driver and couldn't lose but so did the other guys. You sound like a sore loser and you haven't even raced me. Save you're manual tranny agression for your lover and when you get a 12 second car maybe you'll fill the kings britches.
Haha, I was not callin you a freakin idiot, just anyone who would sit in traffic for 3 hours. But now you are saying there was an accident, I just think its pointless for anyone to sit in traffic to get to work, its just a waste of time. But before you get your panties in a bunch, i've driven to Las Vegas in my car and sat in traffic for many hours driving stick. I get just as tired driving an automatic, like I said, when I get old and tired I will drive an automatic.

I am not the greatest MT driver, I know how to drive, but that is the difference between knowing how and actually doing it flawless each time. I have a lot more launches that are good than bad. So I am just positive of my abilities

Old 09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Not true. F-Body and Vette owners typically see better ET/MPH with the automatics. Turbo Supra, 300ZX TTs, and 911 TT are also faster thanks to the fact that they can build boost with a brake torque and no boost is lost between shifts.
the cars that u mentioned usually have over 500hp which is easier to control when the tranny shifts for you (no wheelspin or minimum when it shifts). That is why the 911 turbo automatic is faster than manual version of the same car.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Don't waste your time with a wannabee that has so much to prove about his driving skills and Manual tranny's...I guess that's what defines a teenager, which is a worthless argument. They ask for proof, which when given to them turn into, "well even as you've proven what i've asked, it's just the driver".

I stilll love the look on the guys face when I pulled on him at E-town last year. And funny that was while he in gear. I guess it takes a lot of skill to hold down that accelerator...you know you could get some carpet under there or something in between shifts.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I have a lot more launches that are good than bad. So I am just positive of my abilities
Then post some numbers, Holmes Let's critique your driving ability.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
the cars that u mentioned usually have over 500hp which is easier to control when the tranny shifts for you (no wheelspin or minimum when it shifts). That is why the 911 turbo automatic is faster than manual version of the same car.
Unless I'm missing something, my 94 Z28 auto didn't come with 500hp. I wish it did though. Same goes goes for any other F-body or Vette (other than the C6 Z06).

As for the turbo argument, no it's all about the car's ability to brake boost and keep boost on every shift. The Supra TT, 300ZXTT, and 911 TT (AWD) are all more than capable of spinning their tires wildly from a stop. You must be forgeting that automatics have torque converters which are torque mutliplication devices.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
Then post some numbers, Holmes Let's critique your driving ability.
I've not driven at the track yet, my best 1/4 time was in a friends 2000 GT stang, it was a 14.1 in 85* weather. Professionals usually run these cars at 14.0, so .1 off is not bad. Car was stock except for missing the mufflers and lowered I've launched my car plenty of times to have a feel for it. This winter I will take the car to the track when temps are in the 60s.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:04 PM
what makes a 6mt faster than a 5at?? to argue the 6mt is "clearly" faster is to say an intake will give you HP, its all in your minds 6mt'ers all in your mind

Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by driguez
what makes a 6mt faster than a 5at?? to argue the 6mt is "clearly" faster is to say an intake will give you HP, its all in your minds 6mt'ers all in your mind
Shorter gear ratio and faster shifts. Magazine racing also gives the edge to the 6mt

Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Shorter gear ratio and faster shifts. Magazine racing also gives the edge to the 6mt

gotta love magazine and internet racing

Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Interesting. I raced a black 2006 330I not too long ago and I beat him by a car and a half (and I was pulling away) up to 100mph before we both let up. But I am a 6MT. Could it be that much of a difference?
I'm auto and it was about the same... left him and he could never catch up. 2 runs, same result.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: why can't i beat my friend's '06 330i?