G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

audio system compared to Lexus's Mark Levinson?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audio system compared to Lexus's Mark Levinson?

I know it's too early to get a definitive answer, but does anyone want to guess how the sound system will compare to the newest Levinson systems (found in new GS and IS class).

Old 06-29-2006, 11:27 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
which sound system the 06 and lower or the new 07??? I say that it will still suck. Not as much, but it will still suck.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Before MLevinson lexus had the Nakamichi which i remember was a excellent sound system. Currently i have Mark Levinson on both my Lexus but, then again Lexus is stepping up for 07/ with the new Ls460L with 19 speaker ML sound system with a theater quality sound. But then again i usually listen to hip hop & call me crazy but, i enjoy the bose on my G better then ML.

I am sure for 07/ Infinti will improve the quality of there Bose system.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Well; we can guess all we want, but it would be pointless till we actually sample the car....

Old 06-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by G35SHAWN
Before MLevinson lexus had the Nakamichi which i remember was a excellent sound system. Currently i have Mark Levinson on both my Lexus but, then again Lexus is stepping up for 07/ with the new Ls460L with 19 speaker ML sound system with a theater quality sound. But then again i usually listen to hip hop & call me crazy but, i enjoy the bose on my G better then ML.

I am sure for 07/ Infinti will improve the quality of there Bose system.
Crazy!!!Are you serious???? maybe when compared to the stock pioneer unit....what kind of Lexus do you own? You may need to adjust the audio controls on your stereo if you enjoy the Bose in the coupe rather than the ML..Thats one of the first things that I listen to and critque when I get into a car and purchase, and I as well listen to hip hop all day along with R&B music, ..thats the first thing my friend changed in his G coupe...Its not as clear as the Nakamichi system, the mids are not as pronounced....IN my opinion the bose in the 05 Maxima sounds better than the Bose in the G, but its way to Boomy...its not as crisp when compared to Nakamichi system or ML..You cant hear alot of the seperation in the bose unit...its almost like a boom box.... and against the Mark Levinson there is no point in that comparison, because its sounds better than the Nakamichi....read some of the stereo reviews on both systems and you will see what i mean, hell listen to them back to back and you will see what iam talking about..once u have adjusted the audio on you ML system in your Lexus..take for instance the ML in the 2002 GS vs the Bose in the 2003 G coupe.....the Bose isnt on the same level , it gets blown away!!!!!

Last edited by ICEBERGS; 06-30-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by bugmenot
I know it's too early to get a definitive answer, but does anyone want to guess how the sound system will compare to the newest Levinson systems (found in new GS and IS class).
I have a ML in my RX330 and I seriously doubt that Bose will ever beet ML or any other Marque audio Company that's out there. In fact I'm quite disappointed that Infiniti did not pick up someone else at least for their Infiniti line.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ICEBERGS
Crazy!!!Are you serious???? maybe when compared to the stock pioneer unit....what kind of Lexus do you own? You may need to adjust the audio controls on your stereo if you enjoy the Bose in the coupe rather than the ML..Thats one of the first things that I listen to and critque when I get into a car and purchase, and I as well listen to hip hop all day along with R&B music, ..thats the first thing my friend changed in his G coupe...Its not as clear as the Nakamichi system, the mids are not as pronounced....IN my opinion the bose in the 05 Maxima sounds better than the Bose in the G, but its way to Boomy...its not as crisp when compared to Nakamichi system or ML..You cant hear alot of the seperation in the bose unit...its almost like a boom box.... and against the Mark Levinson there is no point in that comparison, because its sounds better than the Nakamichi....read some of the stereo reviews on both systems and you will see what i mean, hell listen to them back to back and you will see what iam talking about..once u have adjusted the audio on you ML system in your Lexus..take for instance the ML in the 2002 GS vs the Bose in the 2003 G coupe.....the Bose isnt on the same level , it gets blown away!!!!!

I have 06/LS 430 ultra premium, & 06/gx470 fully loaded with kdds. Now i am not trying to compare my ML with the bose, the sound of the Ml is very crispy clear. But the reason i enjoy the bose because it's very boomy & loud, once again call me crazy but, that's what i like.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by G35SHAWN
I have 06/LS 430 ultra premium, & 06/gx470 fully loaded with kdds. Now i am not trying to compare my ML with the bose, the sound of the Ml is very crispy clear. But the reason i enjoy the bose because it's very boomy & loud, once again call me crazy but, that's what i like.
Those are 2 nice rides!!! especially LS430.....yeah man u are crazy...LOL...everyone likes different things so I cannot knock you for your tastes!!!! Thats a pretty mean stable of cars you got to go along with that G......

Last edited by ICEBERGS; 06-30-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I just bought an 06 IS350 with just the standard stereo (no ML) and it blows the current G bose system away. Although it does sound like there is some potential for the 07 system to kick some a*s. We shall see!

Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bmoney
I just bought an 06 IS350 with just the standard stereo (no ML) and it blows the current G bose system away. Although it does sound like there is some potential for the 07 system to kick some a*s. We shall see!
I'm right behind you - If I do not like the 07 G35 I'm never returning to Infiniti again, and I'm going to buy the IS 350 like I should have done in the 1st place [w/the Mark Levinson ]. I've never own a bigger POS then the G35 I have now. Too bad for the car has a lot of potenial - hindered by ****-poor quality.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Bye! Troll!

Old 07-02-2006, 03:46 PM
^+1 Ha....I finally get to use the famous reply!

Wurst

Old 07-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
I've never own a bigger POS then the G35 I have now. Too bad for the car has a lot of potenial - hindered by ****-poor quality.
If that is how you feel, I'd suggest you sell it and move on.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
^Bye! Troll!
Wow - why didn't I think of that one...

Old 07-02-2006, 08:48 PM
lol.. poor RLampke has had buyer's remorse nearly since the day he bought it. Can't say I blame him too much although I do think he's being somewhat dramatic in his portrayl of his dislike of the car. The navigation is subpar and the brake quality is severely lacking on my '05x.. But, for $35,000 it's nothing I can't live with. It beats the hell out of the Subaru I was driving and until I stop being too frugal to upgrade to a BMW/Lexus, I'll deal with the nuisances of the G35.

RLampke, I probably wouldn't wait for the '07 G35 if I were you... I mean it's still Infiniti. One thing goes wrong with that car (mind you it's the first year of the new refresh) and you'll be just as pissed as you are now. At least with another brand you will be able to have a "fresh start" with your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: audio system compared to Lexus's Mark Levinson?