G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why Bose Sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hated the Bose system in my 05', man it sucked. My 02' GMC Envoy's Bose system was twice as good.

The M45's Bose system is a little better on CD's and handles MP3 and WMAs quite a bit better. It does shine on DVD-A though, night and day difference. Metallica's Black album sounds sick in 5.1 DVD-A format.

The one thing that concerns me about the new G's system is the speakers in the doors. I can see them as being a real rattle trap, that's all the G needs is more rattles.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
Obviously your knowledge is lacking for Bose using the same junk speakers across their product range, including the car audio line as described in this article. I find it hilarious listening to some of you defend this product - this thread is not about what I want, it's about an incapable cheep sound system that goes right along w/other cheep parts of this car. Mark Levinson is certainly not the only system available that puts this to shame and availabe for the same $$$ as this system - and who was quoted $47K for an IS 350....? In fact, you have several post expressing your liking to a Lexus ES 350: "I really like the new ES350 too. If I could handle FWD again, it'd make a worthy trade from the G."

If you think Bose is great, more power to ya.
You can't seem to post anything here without insulting someone, that is totally uncalled for.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by canuck
If you are not willing to the spend the money on an M35 right now, you are not willing to spend the money on a Lexus with an ML audio system either. Looks like you are SOL to me.
I beg to differ. I'm not sure who is quoting you all $47K+ [I love how the price keeps going up in these discussions] for a loaded IS 350, but I do have a quote for a fully loaded IS 350 w/Levinson for $43,950.00 - well below a M35 which I would not want, rather the M45 sport which is close to $60K. I'm not even sure if the car stickers for $47K even after adding all the available dealer installaed options whiich are incredibly marked up, though it may.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
You can't seem to post anything here without insulting someone, that is totally uncalled for.
..how ironic comming from someone who freely steps on others in this forum time-and-time again.

Last edited by RLampke; 07-18-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I beg to differ. I'm not sure who is quoting you all $47K+ [I love how the price keeps going up in these discussions] for a loaded IS 350, but I do have a quote for a fully loaded IS 350 w/Levinson for $43,950.00 - well below a M35 which I would not want, rather the M45 sport which is close to $60K. I'm not even sure if the car stickers for $47K even after adding all the available dealer installaed options whiich are incredibly marked up, though it may.
Not sure why you mention $47k....I didn't quote it. I don't follow american pricing at all. In Cdn dollars, M35 with Bose 14 speaker 5.1 is $64,595 and the IS350 with ML is $61,700. Not really a big difference.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have to wade in here and say I am also very disappointed with the stock Bose in my '04 coupe. For a car of this value it should be much better. It is not natural sound at all. The lows are weak, the bass is overboosted, and there is a unnatural boominess that changes at different volume setting. The Bose in our last Acura was much better and the Infinity system in my last Grand Cherokee Limited blows away the Blose in my G.

There I've said it. Love most things in the car but the sound system is terrible and more fitting of a car at half the price.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have always said bose sucks from the start....they came out strong n fast...juts like giant glass..but now quality is lacking...and $ is high...so leave the compeditors to sell there stuff cheaper but nopt every1 knows the quality in the cheaper names..i always like yamaha or okiwa...lol not sure if spelt that 1 right..but u should get picture

Old 07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
One's perception of sound and what sounds good will differ from another.

Yes Bose may not be, to the audiophilific (if that is even a word) as good as some of the other options.

Yet we still have people who buy Sony Xplods, and put them in the Mercedes.....

So if some1 says they like the Bose sounds, get off their neck. That's just their perception, and liking.

Why did Infiniti pick Bose? I don't know, could have been contractual.

I love sound/audio/music.....but frankly i'd buy the G, without any speakers, or with the sub-par bose system. They can always be replaced....

Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Traveling Administrator
+1. Well stated.

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
One's perception of sound and what sounds good will differ from another.

Yes Bose may not be, to the audiophilific (if that is even a word) as good as some of the other options.

Yet we still have people who buy Sony Xplods, and put them in the Mercedes.....

So if some1 says they like the Bose sounds, get off their neck. That's just their perception, and liking.

Why did Infiniti pick Bose? I don't know, could have been contractual.

I love sound/audio/music.....but frankly i'd buy the G, without any speakers, or with the sub-par bose system. They can always be replaced....

Old 07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
...or with the sub-par bose system.
Agreed - well said.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:10 PM
The bigger problem here is the automobile industry and not whether Bose sucks or not. Virtually EVERY automobile manufacturer entices consumers with confusing option packages and slick salespeople, we should have the OPTION of not having a stero system installed in our new cars. For example, I would have much preferred to have Infiniti knock $500-$1000 off of the price of the vehicle and sell me my G35 with no stereo or speakers at all. For you younger kids out there, this used to be an option "back in the day."

They should sell their Bose, Mark Levinson's, or Shaker 500 audio systems as OPTIONS so that people can opt to have a Pioneer Audio/NAV system installed with their new car ala carte. It's only fair.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Highs No Lows must be BOSE

B.O.S.E.

Bunch of $hitty Equipment

Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Exactly

Infiniti's directly competes and markets itself against Lexus and especially BMW.
Infiniti competes with BMW and Lexus by offering a comparable performance sports sedan for a significantly less expensive price. If Infiniti tries to "copy" some of the bells and whistles offered in the Lexus/BMW's, they'll be chipping away at their ability to sell their vehicles for $5-10K less than the 335 or IS350. Let's look at the new Lexus ES350 for a minute. Here's a car that sells for $38-$42K strickly because it's loaded with luxury features. Who would spend $40K on what I consider to be nothing more than a Japanese Buick? I (personally) think that a fully loaded Toyota Avalon is a better buy because you save the extra $8-$10K and don't trade off too much (if any) performance.

My point here is that Infiniti has chosen where they want to compete. You can find "better" vehicles in this segment such as the BMW 335 or (perhaps) the Lexus IS350, but you're going to spend $7K more. That boils down to anywhere between 15-20% more money, and in my opinion only 5% more performance. Bose or not, the G35 remains the best $30-$35K sport sedan on the planet. If you disagree, you're welcome to borrow a BMW 325, Lexus IS250, or Acura TL and meet me at the track. After all, those cars all cost just about the same as my G35 did (comparably loaded).

Last edited by BobbyG123; 07-18-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Traveling Administrator
Nicely put, which is what JGFox eluded to as well.

Originally Posted by BobbyG123
Infiniti competes with BMW and Lexus by offering a comparable performance sports sedan for a significantly less expensive price. If Infiniti tries to "copy" some of the bells and whistles offered in the Lexus/BMW's, they'll be chipping away at their ability to sell their vehicles for $5-10K less than the 335 or IS350. Let's look at the new Lexus ES350 for a minute. Here's a car that sells for $38-$42K strickly because it's loaded with luxury features. Who would spend $40K on what I consider to be nothing more than a Japanese Buick? I (personally) think that a fully loaded Toyota Avalon is a better buy because you save the extra $8-$10K and don't trade off too much (if any) performance.

My point here is that Infiniti has chosen where they want to compete. You can find "better" vehicles in this segment such as the BMW 335 or (perhaps) the Lexus IS350, but you're going to spend $7K more. That boils down to anywhere between 15-20% more money, and in my opinion only 5% more performance. Bose or not, the G35 remains the best $30-$35K sport sedan on the planet. If you disagree, you're welcome to borrow a BMW 325, Lexus IS250, or Acura TL and meet me at the track. After all, those cars all cost just about the same as my G35 did (comparably loaded).

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 07-18-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BobbyG123
Bose or not, the G35 remains the best $30-$35K sport sedan on the planet. If you disagree, you're welcome to borrow a BMW 325, Lexus IS250, or Acura TL and meet me at the track. After all, those cars all cost just about the same as my G35 did (comparably loaded).
The answer to why you and others defend this car [and the Bose system] is right in your response. Those of us who shop in this class, especially who lease do not judge vehicles solely by "the Track" method - this is not what this class is about. It's about a balance of everything: Performance, Interior Refinement, Technology Implementation, Quality/Build assembly and Prestige all put together. The cars you have mentioned are geared toward this goal - the G35 is not; just as you have stated. It is geared towards the "lower-end" of this segment w/a a sole emphasis on performance. Applying your mythology, then why not purchase a Pontiac GTO - for about the same price and perhaps less, the GTO will fry the G35 "on the track" and has the same "quirks". Or if you want the 4 doors then why not a Cadillac CTS…? Also, the Acura TL has no problem keeping pace w/the G35 as well, granted it may not drive as well, but the performance of the two cars is extremely close – except for the refinement.

I'm not saying your mythology is wrong - you do what works for you and if your happy w/it, all the better – it’s your $$$. However, others that apply a similar reasoning as mine, and this car falls way short and can justify the additional expense over the G35. Again, this may all change w/the '07, but I've yet to inspect one in person.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Bose Sucks