2007 Bose "Studio On Wheels" Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feng
Rlampke,
First of all, I'm discussing this with you, not with other posters you've provided links for.
Really - you do need help on your reading comprehension:
Seriously, could you point me to any these technical discussions or audio experts that reside in avsform.com?
Once again, dismissal of a professional’s opinion w/out shred-of-proof:
Second, just because you read it on the internet, it just doesn't make it true. Case in point, the intellexual stuff.
Third, if you want to present a "real fact," you'll get a rational and technically meaningful response from me.

[LIST][*]Paper cones: You say good automotive audio mfg. don't use paper. Did you know that ML uses paper cones in some "full range" applicaitons? Is ML wrong to do this? I would hazard a guess that they know exactly what they are doing. Paper isn't just "paper."

Yada-Yada-Yada....
Thanks for the Wikipedia definition, but I find it funny that someone that is trying to discuss "facts" would have not overlooked the fact that Mark Levinson does not use paper cones in automotive applications. In fact, Mark Levinson does not even manufacture speakers at all - they are purchased from their sister company Revel under the Harman International umbrella, for automotive system such as the ML/Lexus system. And once again, I also stated, 3 times now, that paper DO have good qualities to list. Unfortunately toilet paper, paper Mache' and micron-thin coatings are not on this list.

Okay, there are a few real facts about speaker cones. Here's your big chance to talk about audio design, not audio religion.John Feng
So it took you this long to actually some up with "Real Facts"...? Here's a suggestion: Instead of piece-mailing your "facts" to us, why don't you just post the references your getting your information from so we don’t have to wait around for your to decipher what is relevant, because as I said, this is pointless to carry on and this thread is long dead.

Last edited by RLampke; 07-25-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by RLampke
I've never heard...? Go sit in your G35 and take a listen, or go to BestBuy and listen to the other systems available from Bose. If you actually did know what you were talking about, you would have known that all Bose system use the same technology or lack thereof thought their product line - Home and Audio.

If you think Bose is great, jump on some other forums that I've mentioned and defend your position.

Have fun...
So you think that the old system is a GREAT representation for the new one?

Hmm....

So you think because Bose is "BAD" according to you and all those other people means anyone who likes Bose is probably "hearing impaired" or whatever you and your fellow groupies call them?

Hmm....

So your logic is
- Bose is in Present G35
- Present G35 sounds like crap
- Therefore 07 G35 Bose = Crap

Hmm....

So you've heard the 07 G35?

Hmm....

I think
1) Sound is subjective. What sounds good to one, will not to the other. It's like Art, in the eye of the beholder.

2) I don't think every1 has to be considered an audiopbhile to truly enjoy their perception of good sound with whatever they choose, Bose, ML, or even Xplod.

3) I think you should just stop your whinning, and lease the IS350 with the ML and don't even bother giving the 07 G, or better yet BOSE a "second" chance

4) I think your very immature, and your argument AND PURPOSE lacks the basis of a foundation, let alone any substantial or factual arguments.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
So you think that the old system is a GREAT representation for the new one?

Hmm....

So you think because Bose is "BAD" according to you and all those other people means anyone who likes Bose is probably "hearing impaired" or whatever you and your fellow groupies call them?

Hmm....

So your logic is
- Bose is in Present G35
- Present G35 sounds like crap
- Therefore 07 G35 Bose = Crap

Hmm....

So you've heard the 07 G35?

Hmm....

I think
1) Sound is subjective. What sounds good to one, will not to the other. It's like Art, in the eye of the beholder.

2) I don't think every1 has to be considered an audiopbhile to truly enjoy their perception of good sound with whatever they choose, Bose, ML, or even Xplod.

3) I think you should just stop your whinning, and lease the IS350 with the ML and don't even bother giving the 07 G, or better yet BOSE a "second" chance

4) I think your very immature, and your argument AND PURPOSE lacks the basis of a foundation, let alone any substantial or factual arguments.
...it's never easy dealing w/the mentally challenged

Old 07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
...it's never easy dealing w/the mentally challenged
LOL! Great response. I know 3rd graders that can hold a better argument then you.

Your pathetic and not worth anymore time.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by canuck
Ok, this is just getting childish now. Unfortunately, I got caught up in it in the Why Bose Sucks thread......but seriously people, this topic is just getting OLD!! There are people here that dislike Bose and there are people here that think Bose is fine, end of story. Let's just leave it at that instead of bickering like little kids. Sound good to anyone?
Glad were on the same page...

because as I said, this is pointless to carry on and this thread is long dead.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Ok, this is just getting childish now. Unfortunately, I got caught up in it in the Why Bose Sucks thread......but seriously people, this topic is just getting OLD!! There are people here that dislike Bose and there are people here that think Bose is fine, end of story. Let's just leave it at that instead of bickering like little kids. Sound good to anyone?
+1 Shane, let's drop this!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
What exactly do you do for a living Rich, so we can insult the work you do?
LOL....I have to admit that was pretty funny.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:09 PM
I vote for deleting this thread all together!
geez....

Old 07-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Amazing. Four pages about a stereo that not a single person here has heard.

Personally, I think the Bose in the 2006 G35 does not sound good at all.

And Bose home systems in general are overpriced for what you get.

However, the Bose 5.1 system in the M45 is one of the best stock systems I've heard in a sedan. Just as good as the Levinson in the GS430. If you think the Bose 5.1 system in the M45 sucks, then either you haven't heard it, or

So, Bose did a great job with it's latest Infiniti offering. Why shouldn't the company use them again for the 2007 G35?

Old 07-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by jrock65
Amazing. Four pages about a stereo that not a single person here has heard.

Personally, I think the Bose in the 2006 G35 does not sound good at all.

And Bose home systems in general are overpriced for what you get.

However, the Bose 5.1 system in the M45 is one of the best stock systems I've heard in a sedan. Just as good as the Levinson in the GS430. If you think the Bose 5.1 system in the M45 sucks, then either you haven't heard it, or

So, Bose did a great job with it's latest Infiniti offering. Why shouldn't the company use them again for the 2007 G35?
Now THIS gets to the gist of the argument. BOSE may be overpriced for what you get, Similarly so may be BMW (does a 325 / 335 deliver 30% better performance?) The same is probably true with Lexus. Most G drivers are not audiophiles. Ask many (not just the kids listening to rap, but talk to the middle age woman in the grocery store parking lot), more often than not they tell "the stereo is great". Doesn't mean they are dumb or they don't understand audio, just means they like the sound.

For the record, I have an old (12 years) BOSE Accustmass 3 hooked up to my 3rd computer, it works fine. When I bought it (1994 cost approx $400) it sounded GREAT hooked up to my PC (I have always used it w/ a PC), now my $80 logitechs blow it away. If you like the way BOSE sounds, great. If you hate that bad look at other cars.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
LOL! Great response. I know 3rd graders that can hold a better argument then you.

Your pathetic and not worth anymore time.

An example from the "other" Bose thread:

Originally Posted by usual_suspect
I searched on "I suck" (with quotes) and got 4,050,000 hits. "You suck" gets 4,250,000 hits. I win by a narrow margin.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by CMT_G35
Now THIS gets to the gist of the argument. BOSE may be overpriced for what you get, Similarly so may be BMW (does a 325 / 335 deliver 30% better performance?) The same is probably true with Lexus. Most G drivers are not audiophiles. Ask many (not just the kids listening to rap, but talk to the middle age woman in the grocery store parking lot), more often than not they tell "the stereo is great". Doesn't mean they are dumb or they don't understand audio, just means they like the sound.

For the record, I have an old (12 years) BOSE Accustmass 3 hooked up to my 3rd computer, it works fine. When I bought it (1994 cost approx $400) it sounded GREAT hooked up to my PC (I have always used it w/ a PC), now my $80 logitechs blow it away. If you like the way BOSE sounds, great. If you hate that bad look at other cars.

^^^^ Great post.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CMT_G35

I second that being a good post!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
An example from the "other" Bose thread:

Help me here. Am I being held up as an example of:

a) A great response;
b) Sub-3rd grade debating skills; or
c) Pathetic and not worth your time?

The context of your reference is a little cluttered.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by usual_suspect
Help me here. Am I being held up as an example of:

a) A great response;
b) Sub-3rd grade debating skills; or
c) Pathetic and not worth your time?

The context of your reference is a little cluttered.
Did you not see my response on the other thread?

a) I was ROFLMAO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bose "Studio On Wheels" Review