G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 G35 Motor Trend Article Scanned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
thats what is good about the new SAE testings -- the company will actually make sure each vehicle has the same tire pressure, amount of oil in the engine, and amount of gas in the tank. thats why the hp went down a bit to 275 from 280 in the VQ engines but look at other competitiors that really dropped a lot.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did ANYONE notice that the Infiniti had only 200 miles on the odometter where as the 300i had close to 3K? I know from experience that when a car is broken in properly, in this case 3K(BMW)>200(G35) miles, it tends to improve on acceleration!!!!!
I am sure the G would shave anywhere from .2-.3 seconds by the time it gets to 3K miles!

Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by vasqo
Did ANYONE notice that the Infiniti had only 200 miles on the odometter where as the 300i had close to 3K? I know from experience that when a car is broken in properly, in this case 3K(BMW)>200(G35) miles, it tends to improve on acceleration!!!!!
I am sure the G would shave anywhere from .2-.3 seconds by the time it gets to 3K miles!
Very true.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It might improve, but I highly doubt more than a tenth. I am quite happy that infiniti is finally putting on decent rubber though.

It's funny: the article mentioned the penalty the 330 pays by having the runflats(same tire otherwise, correct?). In all the articles I read about the first gen g, I *never* saw any excuses mentioning the g's stock rubber.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
It might improve, but I highly doubt more than a tenth. I am quite happy that infiniti is finally putting on decent rubber though.

It's funny: the article mentioned the penalty the 330 pays by having the runflats(same tire otherwise, correct?). In all the articles I read about the first gen g, I *never* saw any excuses mentioning the g's stock rubber.
It will improve more than tenth, every car will. When i just got my car and raced a 04 coupe from 40-60 small run, he gained 2 cls and i was in second gear and only had 500 miles on the car. The coupe wasn't modded either because it was my friends (a.k.a Rob_G35 from this forum). But now every coupe is a victim.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Holy crowded thread Batman! Are you seeing the users tally below? 8 members and 116 guests! And why aren't you guests signed up yet???

Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
hey become a premier member it's for a worthy cause.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
Wow, all this comparative talk about acceleration, handling, and "driving pleasure".....

I'm still lost as to what makes a (presumably)level-headed, hard-working person base a $35K-$40K purchase decision on data like a .2 sec difference in 0-60 acceleration or .02 g in handling. As stated earlier, most of those car mags test cars in ways that would have the average driver losing this license very quickly.
I plan on getting a G35 not because I want the "best driving experience". I want a reliable piece of machinery that will take me from point A to B in relatively high comfort with little fuss. Infiniti usually ranks higher in reliability and initial quality than most European models that "drive better". I don't knock someone for buying an BMW, MB or better; but unless they plan on pushing their cars every so often to test it's limits then what's the point?

Oh yeah, lest I forget.....

Thus the reason that I plan on getting the Infiniti Coupe.

Amazing the amount of coochie one can acquire from such mundane items as leather, sunroof and a "prestigious" emblem.

Actually isn't Bmw ranked higher in reliability than Infiniti? They are suppose to be more dependable according to JD Power. Everyone likes to say that bmw isn't reliable, but the 3 series is the car that bmw sells the most, and they seem to be pretty reliable. Most problems are problems with 7 series and 5 series i think. And those cars dont even compete with the g35, its the 3 series that does. And the 3 series is pretty reliable imo. Lets not be biased now, i know its a g35 forum. But infiniti isn't exactly toyota or lexus.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/08/auto...lity/index.htm

Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
How come the author said the G35 they tested is a charcoal gray but clearly it's a deep blue???

Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Like I said before this article came out, the G35 will be a solid 13-second car. An unbroken in 14.0@101mph suggests to me that 13.6@104mph is possible with a good track and driver.

I expect the 5AT to run 14.1-14.3 in the mags.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ya, I agree; it still won't be as fast as the IS or 335i though. Regular everyday users are pulling mid 13's with the IS. Not that I care really; it isn't about tracking a car for me - just that I know the mags will focus in on that pretty hard.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gaaaar
Actually isn't Bmw ranked higher in reliability than Infiniti? They are suppose to be more dependable according to JD Power. Everyone likes to say that bmw isn't reliable, but the 3 series is the car that bmw sells the most, and they seem to be pretty reliable. Most problems are problems with 7 series and 5 series i think. And those cars dont even compete with the g35, its the 3 series that does. And the 3 series is pretty reliable imo. Lets not be biased now, i know its a g35 forum. But infiniti isn't exactly toyota or lexus.

^+1

Old 08-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Two things regarding reliability. One, Infiniti is being dragged down by the American made QX. Without it in the lineup they would be in the top 5. The G, M, FX, and Q are all very reliable cars.

That said, BMW takes a lot of crap for being "unreliable" because of the 7 series. The 3-series has typically been a very solid car. I've had the 330xi for 4 years and over 65k km now without an issue; that's enough to sell me.

I think in general reliability issues with all brands are overstated.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM

So BMW places higher than Infiniti (and by a statistically insignificant margin, 212 v. 215) for the first time ever in a reliability survey and suddenly BMW is more reliable?

That's just one survey for one year. In EVERY other reliability survey and in EVERY other year, Infiniti has ranked ahead (in some cases by a LOT) of BMW.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 PM

Understood.

I certainly don't want to be one of those die-hard loyalists that ignore the facts and only hear/promote biased opinions. I was basing my case on this:
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...niti/model/G35
Of course, there are many different websites for referrence and the G may not do as well for every one of those sites. But for me, given the real world ratings for the current G, I'd feel more at ease with the G than the 3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 G35 Motor Trend Article Scanned