G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

335i Sedan Pricing Released...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
That is why I leased mine. The financing company figures that the car is going to be worth a whole lot. In actuality the cars are discounted so heavily that they are hard to resell for a lot of money. It makes leasing attractive because you can get the good discount on the front end and then just turn the car back in when it doesn’t hold its value as well as they think.
+1. I've never owned a car outright and this is one of the reasons why. Purchasing a new car is how much you can afford to loose per month, so the less equity I have tied-up into the vehicle the better.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
I'll agree w/both statements here - the M is a fantastic large car.

I also drove the 335i coupe this weekend and the G35 better be vastly improved then the current iteration, for the new 3 335i is unbelievable. That I6TT coupled w/the new Septronic Transmission is something to behold. It is F'n fast, turbine smooth [like the current G is suppose to be but is not], just loud enough not to aggravate under full acceleration and whisper quiet under normal driving. The gearbox is light years ahead of the SMG that I had in my M3 and utterly destroys the current G's transmission - it can actually execute a down-shift rev match 100% of-the-time. The only quirk for me was the +/- action of the paddles – both operate back and forward instead [-] left / [+] right or vice-versa.

And let's not forget the suspension. Say what you want about BMW biased magazines [no doubt it happens], but they are right when it comes to critiquing BMW's suspensions. I drove the sport model: never harsh, soaked up major road imperfections and the handling was amazing. I also like how BMW can size the tire/rim properly w/the wheel wells unlike Infiniti. If my new G does not work out, I'll be back w/a down payment

Nevertheless, I do have to say it was difficult to warm up to the BMW's interior, but for those that can swing the extra $$$ - you will not be disappointed at all spending it.
You feel exactly the same way Ian and I do. I am sure the new G will be a bitchin' car. Better than the BMW? Who knows - people will make up their own minds. I jut know right now the 335i is the car for me.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by picus112
You feel exactly the same way Ian and I do. I am sure the new G will be a bitchin' car. Better than the BMW? Who knows - people will make up their own minds. I jut know right now the 335i is the car for me.

It might be for me also, but if I go that route I'll wait for the sedan which is essentially the same car. I would go for the IS350 but now after driving the 335i, no way. Again, say what you want about BMW, but there is something about these vehicles that once you drive one after driving the others, one has no problem justifying the extra $$$. I've yet to drive the new G, but from what I've see there is nothing revolutionary that’s going to compete w/the 335i.

Who knows, I might stand corrected w/I get mine

Old 09-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Total with all options $55,590!
$55,590 for a 3 series. Whoever spends that much should just buy it and crash it into a pole and kill themselfs in the crash.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
It might be for me also, but if I go that route I'll wait for the sedan which is essentially the same car. I would go for the IS350 but now after driving the 335i, no way. Again, say what you want about BMW, but there is something about these vehicles that once you drive one after driving the others, one has no problem justifying the extra $$$. I've yet to drive the new G, but from what I've see there is nothing revolutionary that’s going to compete w/the 335i.

Who knows, I might stand corrected w/I get mine
It's out already in Europe.... it'll be here soon.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 09-20-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by VG35
$55,590 for a 3 series. Whoever spends that much should just buy it and crash it into a pole and kill themselfs in the crash.
..or whoever spells like that

Old 09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Thumbs down Huh?

Originally Posted by TPECT
I think we both know what I am talking about and dont act dumb.
Not really, especially when people make outlandish claims like:

"So just to sum up any BMW is a step up from g35 in every way."

Think about what you wrote and then prove it with facts.

Judging car without owning it is pointless...
If this is true, then what is the point of your post? You don't own either a 2007 335i Coupe or 2007 G35 Sedan, correct?

Old 09-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by senneca01
Not really, especially when people make outlandish claims like:

"So just to sum up any BMW is a step up from g35 in every way."

Think about what you wrote and then prove it with facts.

If this is true, then what is the point of your post? You don't own either a 2007 335i Coupe or 2007 G35 Sedan, correct?
Well let me then say that very 3 series is a step up from g35. I wont even mention 5 or 6 or 7 series that are years ahead. Yes I dont have g35 it was just enough for me to test drive it, when my head was rubbing against the roof and entire car felt loose I dont even want to mention those pedals with manual tranny. Went for a test drive turned around and returned the car, look on the face of that dealer was priceless. I am not trying to prove anything here if you like your g35 thats fine.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I think we both know what I am talking about and dont act dumb.
LMAO, you are the one who wrote that gibberish and you think HE is acting dumb. Gimme a break.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VG35
This type of trash is not needed on G35driver.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by picus112
This type of trash is not needed on G35driver.
^+1

Old 09-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Smile Okay...

Well let me then say that very 3 series is a step up from g35.
I assume that you meant "every", instead of "very".

Okay if this is true, then would you mind answering any of the questions below?

2007 G35 vs. 2006 330i

Is less horsepower a step up for the BMW?
Is less torque a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 0-60 MPH a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 0-100 MPH a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 1/4 Mile time a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 45-65 MPH passing time a step up for the BMW?
Is less hp/lb a step up for the BMW?
Is longer braking distance a step up for the BMW?
Is less interior space a step up for the BMW?
Is less cargo volume a step up for the BMW?
Is smaller f/r track a step up for the BMW?
Is a bigger turning circle a step up for the BMW?
Is a lesser basic warranty a step up for the BMW?
Is a lesser powertrain warranty a step up for the BMW?
Is a lesser roadside assistance a step up for the BMW?
Is less fuel capacity a step up for the BMW?

Note: All test results taken from most recent October 2006 Motor Trend G35 vs. 330i test.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 AM
I didn't think the E90 coupe was here in the USA yet. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale for business and I saw one parked on A1A????? Didn't have time to stop and check it out, we were going the opposite direction. Then again, in FLA a 335i coupe is really nothing special. Probably a Bentley Continental is needed to get attention...hehe

The gal in charge of the site I'm at has a 3 Convertible and we started talking about cars--she said I was welcome to drive it if I like, but I don't like driving other people's cars. She got it 2 yrs. old which I find interesting--many people seem to get their BMW used. I find in the real world many people who earn a lot of money do not like to spend more than x$ for a car. The 40k number is one I hear a lot...

Old 09-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by John105
I didn't think the E90 coupe was here in the USA yet. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale for business and I saw one parked on A1A????? Didn't have time to stop and check it out, we were going the opposite direction. Then again, in FLA a 335i coupe is really nothing special. Probably a Bentley Continental is needed to get attention...hehe

The gal in charge of the site I'm at has a 3 Convertible and we started talking about cars--she said I was welcome to drive it if I like, but I don't like driving other people's cars. She got it 2 yrs. old which I find interesting--many people seem to get their BMW used. I find in the real world many people who earn a lot of money do not like to spend more than x$ for a car. The 40k number is one I hear a lot...
The coupe started arriving 1st week of Sept.
The 335 sedans will be here very soon.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
LMAO, you are the one who wrote that gibberish and you think HE is acting dumb. Gimme a break.

LOL, I just got caught on this thread. Good to see I'm not the only one who had a hard deciphering that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i Sedan Pricing Released...