G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

335i Sedan Pricing Released...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
This type of trash is not needed on G35driver.
Agree. Actually it's not needed anywhere.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
The coupe started arriving 1st week of Sept.
The 335 sedans will be here very soon.
Ian, has there been any good pics of the 335i Sedan released?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Ian, has there been any good pics of the 335i Sedan released?
There are a few showing up now that owners in Europe are taking delivery.
There's no difference from last years E90 except for the twin exhaust & 335 badge.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Traveling Administrator
^^^ Looks great! They hit dealers the end of this year, right?

Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep; they are being delivered in Europe - should be in Canada & The US within 6 weeks.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Traveling Administrator
That is going to be one helluva Sedan! I am sure I will be happy with my new G Sedan, but the new 335i is just sweet. It might be a good idea to not even test drive a new 335i Sedan when it comes out.....I might not want to give it back.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
There are a few showing up now that owners in Europe are taking delivery.
There's no difference from last years E90 except for the twin exhaust & 335 badge.
If I was going to order up another BMW, I would definitely do the European Delivery option again, and would encourage you/others to do so if you can. Not only can you save big $$$, but the experience of going to Germany, and taking your new BMW on the Autobahn was unbelievable. BTW, you don't actually get to drive your vehicle on the Autobahn, the BMW rep does [cannot tell you how disappointing that was]. You need a special license to drive on the Autobahn: very tough to get and it's about $1,500.00e. But there are other roads that they take you on, through the Black Forest that you can drive your car, that are fantastic.

It's a great experience and I wish the Japanese did the same for their Marque nameplates; thought I'm not sure where there’s room to drive in Japan

Last edited by RLampke; 09-21-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
If I was going to order up another BMW, I would definitely do the European Delivery option again, and would encourage you/others to do so if you can. Not only can you save big $$$, but the experience of going to Germany, and taking your new BMW on the Autobahn was unbelievable. BTW, you don't actually get to drive your vehicle on the Autobahn, the BMW rep does [cannot tell you how disappointing that was]. You need a special license to drive on the Autobahn: very tough to get and it's about $1,500.00e. But there are other roads that they take you on, through the Black Forest that you can drive your car, that are fantastic.

It's a great experience and I wish the Japanese did the same for their Marque nameplates; thought I'm not sure where there’s room to drive in Japan
I'd love to do ED.
Unfortunately, in Canada we don't get the same breaks on ED as USA.
-CDN government grabs another 6.1% import duty.
- we pay additional for shipping $2k
- epidite port receiving at home, no dealer involvement.
- purchase only, no financing/leasing
- etc, etc.....

It actually costs us more than buying at home.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 09-21-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Rich I find that strange because we visited our daughter a few years ago when she lived in Wurtzburg, Germany. I rented a car and drove the Autobahn on a regular basis over a period of 3 weeks and no special license was required. Maybe thats something new in the last couple of years.
Wayne

Old 09-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RL, in my experience you don't need a special licence to drive the Autobahn. I was there in the summer of '04. There are no checkpoints or anything to allow/void access. I did get an international permit through CAA for about $20. but don't even think that was mandatory. It just made it easier to rent a car which I did ahead of time.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by senneca01
I assume that you meant "every", instead of "very".

Okay if this is true, then would you mind answering any of the questions below?

2007 G35 vs. 2006 330i

Is less horsepower a step up for the BMW?
Is less torque a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 0-60 MPH a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 0-100 MPH a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 1/4 Mile time a step up for the BMW?
Is slower 45-65 MPH passing time a step up for the BMW?
Is less hp/lb a step up for the BMW?
Is longer braking distance a step up for the BMW?
Is less interior space a step up for the BMW?
Is less cargo volume a step up for the BMW?
Is smaller f/r track a step up for the BMW?
Is a bigger turning circle a step up for the BMW?
Is a lesser basic warranty a step up for the BMW?
Is a lesser powertrain warranty a step up for the BMW?
Is a lesser roadside assistance a step up for the BMW?
Is less fuel capacity a step up for the BMW?

Note: All test results taken from most recent October 2006 Motor Trend G35 vs. 330i test.
Well from what you've said who came out as the winner of that test?
We are talking about the whole package, how well balanced the car is.
Why dont you buy that Dodge Neon SRT model that will blow your G35 in 0-60 or quarter mile run, see what my point is? G35 is good car for the money but comparing it against BMW and bashing bmw cars is just doesnt make any sence to me.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by RBull
RL, in my experience you don't need a special licence to drive the Autobahn. I was there in the summer of '04. There are no checkpoints or anything to allow/void access. I did get an international permit through CAA for about $20. but don't even think that was mandatory. It just made it easier to rent a car which I did ahead of time.
Yes you both are correct; however this was BMW's stance if I wanted to take my BMW on the autobahn during this sanctioned event [there was a group of us] - so perhaps I should not have generalized my subsequent statemement. Understood that I could have just driven on the autobahn myself, but this would have been outside the program; and if done so, I take full responsibility for the car. Staying within the program, if anything happens to my vehicle, I have recourse. After the program, I had the car shipped right home to the dealer for pick-up.

Last edited by RLampke; 09-21-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
In the US BMW pays for 14 days of insurance on the car while you have it in Europe. You can drive anywhere but some Eastern European countries. You can have the car in Europe for 6 months, but will pay for any insurance after 14 days. They also pay shipping and you can get a break on plane tickets through Lufthansa. Also, if you're a member of BMW CCA you can get ~$500-$1000 more off the negotiated ED price. Most people save about 10-13% total, then the cost of the trip comes out of that, so you get a free trip and save a couple grand.

Unfortunately as Ian mentioned it makes no financial sense to do ED in Canada. The "tourist" price is closer to the Canadain MSRP, you pay a 6.1 import fee, ~$2000 to ship, and your own insurance. You can not finance or get a tax benefit on a trade.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by picus112
In the US BMW pays for 14 days of insurance on the car while you have it in Europe. You can drive anywhere but some Eastern European countries. You can have the car in Europe for 6 months, but will pay for any insurance after 14 days. They also pay shipping and you can get a break on plane tickets through Lufthansa. Also, if you're a member of BMW CCA you can get ~$500-$1000 more off the negotiated ED price. Most people save about 10-13% total, then the cost of the trip comes out of that, so you get a free trip and save a couple grand.

Unfortunately as Ian mentioned it makes no financial sense to do ED in Canada. The "tourist" price is closer to the Canadain MSRP, you pay a 6.1 import fee, ~$2000 to ship, and your own insurance. You can not finance or get a tax benefit on a trade.
So much for free trade I guess

Old 09-21-2006, 12:08 PM
So some questions about ED:

1. The ED price listed on the BMW site...can this be negotiated just like a regular car purchase or is that price set?
2. Why does it take 6 weeks to get the car back to the US?
3. If I was to do ED on a 335i sedan, how long from the time of order to being able to pick it up in Germany?

Question about the 335:
There's a 325xi sedan, 328xi sedan, 330xi sedan...do you think there will be a 335xi sedan? I'm really set on AWD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i Sedan Pricing Released...