G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

335i Sedan Pricing Released...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, let me say that I had a loaded '04.5 G35 Sedan and it was my favorite car I've ever driven, until it was wrecked (thank God, I walked out without a scratch), and I've been driving my wife's former car for the past year and a half, a loaded '03 FX35 (and I love it too).

With that said, I test drore a 335i tt Coupe a few weeks ago, and although the interior is just ok and it doesn't have all the cool high-tech stuff Infiniti offers, it drives very well. It's super fast and the incredible torque throws you back into your seat, like nothing I've ever felt before. It drives like it's on rails; it just handles like a go-cart, and gets decent gas mileage. So, I put in an order for a fully loaded 335i tt Coupe (Auto/Step, Prem, Sport, Paddle Shifters, Navi, Comfort Access, & Active Cruise Control (radar-guided cruise)). It's true the current lease deals aren't that great, since it just came out at the beginning of this month, but I was able to negotiate $2k off MSRP and the 30-month/20k mi. lease is within my budget.

However, I gave the dealer a $500 Refundable Deposit to order the car; the deposit is fully refundable for any reason when the car is delivered to the dealer in about 6-8 weeks. My intention is to fully compare the 335i Coupe with the '07 G35 Sedan, provided Infiniti actually comes through and gets the new G35's to the dealers in early Nov.

My choice will not be made until I can fully compare the 2 cars and test drive the '07 G35. With all the high-tech stuff that the new G35 offers, it's definitely worth comparing with the 335i, and then making an informed, well-thought out decision.

Last edited by bsgoren; 09-23-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.....or your deposit at least.

I kinda figured you might end up with the 335i ever since you test drove it. Even though you are still waiting to test drive the 07 G, I still think you will end up with the Bimmer.

Originally Posted by bsgoren
First off, let me say that I had a loaded '04.5 G35 Sedan and it was my favorite car I've ever driven, until it was wrecked (thank God, I walked out without a scratch), and I've been driving my wife's former car for the past year and a half, a loaded '03 FX35 (and I love it too).

With that said, I test drore a 335i tt Coupe a few weeks ago, and although the interior is just ok and it doesn't have all the cool high-tech stuff Infiniti offers, it drives very well. It's super fast and the incredible torque throws you back into your seat, like nothing I've ever felt before. It drives like it's on rails; it just handles like a go-cart, and gets decent gas mileage. So, I put in an order for a fully loaded 335i tt Coupe (Auto/Step, Prem, Sport, Paddle Shifters, Navi, Comfort Access, & Active Cruise Control (radar-guided cruise)). It's true the current lease deals aren't that great, since it just came out at the beginning of this month, but I was able to negotiate $2k off MSRP and the 30-month/20k mi. lease is within my budget.

However, I gave the dealer a $500 Refundable Deposit to order the car; the deposit is fully refundable for any reason when the car is delivered to the dealer in about 6-8 weeks. My intention is to fully compare the 335i Coupe with the '07 G35 Sedan, provided Infiniti actually comes through and gets the new G35's to the dealers in early Nov.

My choice will not be made until I can fully compare the 2 cars and test drive the '07 G35. With all the high-tech stuff that the new G35 offers, it's definitely worth comparing with the 335i, and then making an informed, well-thought out decision.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck

I kinda figured you might end up with the 335i ever since you test drove it. Even though you are still waiting to test drive the 07 G, I still think you will end up with the Bimmer.
LOL... Seems to work that way

Old 09-23-2006, 06:01 PM
The damn Bimmer was so nice I am thinking of reasons to wait!

Let's see: price, interior room, way better looks for the 4 doors....
if it's a quick and engaging as the road tests indicate, likely another G for me.

The Bimmer 335 Coupe is not really a good comparison; its so different,... but when you step down...

Hurry up Infiniti.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by canuck

Yah, it's not a done deal yet. I do wish, however, that Infiniti should have done a few things differently with MY '07...

1. Come out with the new G35 sooner than Nov.; Sept. or Oct. release would have been better.
2. Come out with the new G35 Coupe at the same time as the Sedan, instead of waiting until MY '08 for the new Coupe.
3. Brought the new cool engine and interior changes to the M35 as well (for MY '07).

It will still be a close call between the G35 and the BMW 335i for me. Because of my wife's Honda Pilot SUV (for a 4 1/2 yr-old and another on the way), there's no absolute need for me to have a sedan; either a 4-seat Coupe or a Sedan will work for me this time around. I do so much driving for my career (about 20k mi./year), I go through cars very quickly (I only like keeping them for 2-3 years so they're still under warranty and I don't have to worry about anything). So, with my next car, I figured I might as well enjoy whatever I get for the next 24-30 months.

With the '07 BMW 335i tt Coupe and the '07 G35 Sedan - for me, it may just come down to which one I want...one with more power, better handling, better "driving feel" but with a bit less techno gadgets vs. one with a bit less power, handling, "driving feel" but with more techno gagets. It may just be that simple...we shall see.

Last edited by bsgoren; 09-24-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
When you say techno gadgets, do you mean if you don't option the BMW out? IIRC, if you option it out it will have as many more more "gadgets", it'll just cost a heck of a lot more.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
^+1
My experience as well.
- ordering 335 6mt coupe in Dec for spring delivery

Congrats to you. Feel free to post pics of your 2-door sedan on this site when you get it. I'm sure it will be a great car, but let us know what you paid for it.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
When you say techno gadgets, do you mean if you don't option the BMW out? IIRC, if you option it out it will have as many more more "gadgets", it'll just cost a heck of a lot more.
335i tt Coupe w/ Auto/Step, Prem, Sport, Paddle Shifters, Navi, Comfort Access, Active Cruise Control, & Sirius Sat Radio. MSRP = $51,990, $2,000 discount, Price Paid = $49,990, 30-month Lease/20k mi./year, total out-of-pocket inceptions = $4,429 inc. $2,500 down (tried the MSD thing but it didn't lower the monthly pmt enough, so oh well), $728+tax/mo. = $775/mo. (don't forget that the extra 8k mi./yr. adds about an extra $100/mo. to the std. 12k mi./yr. lease).

Now, this is based on the current Sept. MF, and I expect the MF's to be better in Oct., Nov., and Dec. If the MF is better when I take delivery (provided I do decide to get the 335i Coupe), then I will be paying less/mo.

btw - I'm paying $612/mo. for my current 39-mo./15k mi./yr. lease on my loaded FX35 which ends at the end of the year. So, whether my replacement is an Infiniti or BMW, either way I knew I'd have to pay more for a shorter-term/higher mileage lease. At least I get reimbursed well from my company for so much "windshield time."

As far as the techno gadgets the BMW 335i is missing that the '07 G35 has (that I would get)...the rear-view camera, TPMS that shows each individual tire pressure, 9.5GM HDD, 6-disc cd changer, etc.

Last edited by bsgoren; 09-24-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The 335i has TPMS in each wheel. 6-disc is optional (as is everything with BMW).

Gotchya on the rear view and HD. I wonder if the BMW has anything the Infiniti doesn't in the way of technology... I'm not sure, never really been a gadget-y guy.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
The 335i has TPMS in each wheel. 6-disc is optional (as is everything with BMW).

Gotchya on the rear view and HD. I wonder if the BMW has anything the Infiniti doesn't in the way of technology... I'm not sure, never really been a gadget-y guy.
I didn't see a 6-disc cd changer listed anywhere as a stand-alone option for the 335i, and my BMW salesguy said it wasn't offered (just the single in-dash cd was std.), although maybe it could be installed by the dealer. I'm getting Sat Radio anyhow and don't really need the CD changer anyhow; I have XM in my FX35, and hardly listen to my cd's anymore. However, I think burning all my cd's into my car's HDD ('07 Infiniti g35) would be very cool, like an in-dash iPod...very cool!

The BMW TPMS I believe is just like my wife's Honda Pilot, where if it senses one or more of the tires are low on air, a light comes on and it (at least on the Honda Pilot) at least tells you which tire is low. On my Infiniti FX35, it actually lists the EXACT tire pressure for each tire (e.g. 34, 34, 33, 34). Now, since I haven't seen the BMW iDrive/Navi System (which I'm getting), I don't know if the BMW 335i does that as well, but the 335i Coupe w/ Prem & Sport car I test drove had the TPMS System, but it of course doesn't give you the exact tire pressure for each tire like my Infiniti. That's what I mean in regards to that.

Last edited by bsgoren; 09-24-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
not me, im selling my G and buysing a 335i!

Old 09-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Size matters!

At 6'2" there is no room in the back of the 3 series BMW for my kids when I am driving. For me size is definitely an issue and the G35S 6MT wins hands down versus the 3 series which I won’t even consider. My ideal car would be the 5 series BMW with the V8 and 6MT but the cost is prohibitive at >75K with options. Too bad the M45 doesn’t come with 6MT like the 5 series BMW. I’m waiting to see it they put the tt inline 6 with 6MT in the 5 series for ~$50K before I make my mind up about the 2007 G35S 6MT. That would make it a really tough decision if they did. If they make a G37S 6MT sedan my decision will be even tougher.