G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Another wood trim photo for you wood trim lovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another wood trim photo for you wood trim lovers

I am still undecided on the wood trim. Then again, I want a manual, and the G35S doesn't have it as an option anyway. If this has already been posted somewhere, sorry for the repost. It's from Consumer Guide Automotive (never heard of them), dated 9/20: http://auto.consumerguide.com/Articl...DEEP_DIVE.html

ENJOY!

Old 09-30-2006, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gangsta!

Old 09-30-2006, 04:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont like the color of the dash, and the steering wheel should be black, it looks strangely bland

Old 09-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Not really feeling it.
There's no continuity or flow from the wood on the center stack to the sides/door.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ashtangaz2001
I dont like the color of the dash, and the steering wheel should be black, it looks strangely bland
+1 - that is why I'm not a fan of photoshop advertisment pics and will reserve judment when I see the car in person. Because of the fact they over-emphasize the colors/ect, your expectation is set very high. In real lighting situations, the car will look much different and can be disappointing.

In this photo, it looks like the colors are washed out big time.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by RLampke
+1 - that is why I'm not a fan of photoshop advertisment pics and will reserve judment when I see the car in person. Because of the fact they over-emphasize the colors/ect, your expectation is set very high. In real lighting situations, the car will look much different and can be disappointing.

In this photo, it looks like the colors are washed out big time.
Even so, I'd still take it over the aluminum washi trim.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:42 AM
i do think it would look sharper with a black wheel but, even the way it is i like. i'm a big fan of wood trim.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:00 AM
I like it.

It's not a good photo though. Kinda fuzzy.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Cool 7-Speed Automatic...

The wood looks nice, but this statment was the most important thing in the whole article IMO:

"While competitors are going to six and even seven speeds for their automatics, the G35 sticks with five, though a company insider said a seven-speed is in the works."

Getting a 7-speed automatic for the G, M, and the rest of the Infiniti lineup would be HUGE!

Better acceleration, fuel economy, lower revs at higher speeds, etc...

Old 09-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by senneca01
The wood looks nice, but this statment was the most important thing in the whole article IMO:

"While competitors are going to six and even seven speeds for their automatics, the G35 sticks with five, though a company insider said a seven-speed is in the works."

Getting a 7-speed automatic for the G, M, and the rest of the Infiniti lineup would be HUGE!

Better acceleration, fuel economy, lower revs at higher speeds, etc...
They wait till AFTER the car is released to update the transmission???

Old 09-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
They wait till AFTER the car is released to update the transmission???
Well, I agree, but who knows what their reasoning is.

But, I do have to say that their 5-speed auto in particular always gets very high praise, even compared to the 6 and 7 speed auto's from others.

My guess is that we will see the new 7-speed auto make its first showing in the refreshed M, and then in the refreshed G.

But, Infiniti does a good job updating year after year, like they did with the first G, so who knows really.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Consumer Guide Automotive
While competitors are going to six and even seven speeds for their automatics, the G35 sticks with five, though a company insider said a seven-speed is in the works.
WTF! That's crap. Why not offer a six-speed automatic for MY 2007 and a seven-speed automatic for the MY 2010 re-fresh ( i.e. G37 )? Infiniti and Acura are stuck in the past. Lexus may be expensive, but it offers a lot more to the consumer than Infiniti and Acura in terms of technology and advancements. Oh well ...

Old 09-30-2006, 07:27 PM
^ To whomever posted that rant above ...

Designing things like trannies takes a considerable amount of resources (ie $$$). Nissan & Honda don't have the resources of Toyota (ie cash cow). They have limited R&D budget and want to put out a good product with stringent testing. Their respective 5-speed trannies have a pretty good track record (note: the 5AT tranny in the Acura TL/CL/V6 Accord between 2000-03 are the exception).

So ... instead of developing a 6-speed just to develop a 7-speed three years later (as you suggest) ... why not go develop a seven-speed now? This is the engineer / economist in me speaking. That would make no sense to only use a 6AT for less than a product cycle.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^+1

Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
So ... instead of developing a 6-speed just to develop a 7-speed three years later (as you suggest) ... why not go develop a seven-speed now? This is the engineer / economist in me speaking. That would make no sense to only use a 6AT for less than a product cycle.
Very true...
There's no value in rushing something out now if something better is in the wings.

JMO, but I think we're going to see huge advancements in auto tranny technologies shortly.
Don't forget that trannys are producted by 3rd party vendors.... Borg Warner, ZF et al.
Engineering, while partnered by Nissan etc. takes place at a nested level.

With the recent flurry of dual clutch manuals, auto tranny companies are being pushed to make better products.
I think BMWs new Steptronic is just the tip of the iceburg of things to come.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another wood trim photo for you wood trim lovers