G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Still no price information on new G35...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still no price information on new G35...

Can't believe Infiniti is still hasn't released the price information on the new G35. It's already October 4th and less than a month away from scheduled November release. I mean, they already know the price of all its competitors, like 335i and IS350, so what the hold up?

I remember Infiniti let buyers to build their M cars months before its release with detail price information.

This is the ONLY new car Infiniti is releasing this year and can't believe they are so slow at it. All car magazines have done with their full test review on G35 months ago, so the car doesn't even seem brand "new" when it launches in November. Instead of November, they should released it in September or October at the latest.

For comparison, BMW has released literally dozen of new cars this year. 335i coupe/sedan, redesigned Z4, new Z4M, new Z4 coupe, new Z4M coupe, redesigned X3, new X5, M5 (not sure it was this year), M6, 550i, 650i and 750i..... They changed almost every cars in their line up swiftly and on time.

Everytime I stop by the Steven Creek BMW dealer, it seems like they have brand new car or upgraded model. The Frontier Infiniti is right next to them, they got no activity going on...absolutely nothing. While BMW dealer is always packed with people, Infiniti dealer is always empty...almost feel sorry for the Infiniti sales guys.

I think Infiniti is just plain lazy. In this cut-throat business world, you have to deliver your product on time and ahead of your competitors. G35 is already late in the game. It better be good as they claim....

Last edited by luxman; 10-04-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by luxman
Can't believe Infiniti is still hasn't released the price information on the new G35. It's already October 4th and less than a month away from scheduled November release. I mean, they already know the price of all its competitors, like 335i and IS350, so what the hold up?

I remember Infiniti let buyers to build their M cars months before its release with detail price information.

This is the ONLY new car Infiniti is releasing this year and can't believe they are so slow at it. All car magazines have done with their full test review on G35 months ago, so the car doesn't even seem brand "new" when it launches in November. Instead of November, they should released it in September or October at the latest.

For comparison, BMW has released literally dozen of new cars this year. 335i coupe/sedan, redesigned Z4, new Z4M, new Z4 coupe, new Z4M coupe, redesigned X3, new X5, M5 (not sure it was this year), M6, 550i, 650i and 750i..... They changed almost every cars in their line up swiftly and on time. Everytime I stop by the Steven Creek BMW dealer, it seems like they have brand new car or upgraded model. The Frontier Infiniti is right next to them, they got no activity going on...absolutely nothing.

I think Infiniti is just plain lazy.
I'm sure this is contributed to the Corporate HQ move to Tennessee - word has it this Nissan is in a state of disarray after over 1/2 of the staff in CA quit Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't get it either. At this point, the 07's are being produced and Infiniti knows the costs. Everyone knows the new G35 is coming because of all the reviews but few are going to seriously consider getting one until the numbers are released. The competition pricing is set so why hold out? I doubt I can afford one since I just bought an 05, but I am anxious to see how much it will cost to level up.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Concours d'Elegance
I agree with all three of you, but someone I spoke to put it well...

If pricing comes out similar to the leftover 06s (which it probably will), Infiniti will have a hard time getting rid of the rest (for obvious reasons). I'm not sure about you, but in CT, the lots are still pretty loaded with an array of 06s. It would only hurt the dealers to have these sitting on the lots and if the prices are close, people are going to walk right into a new model.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Infiniti, including its CEO, keep saying the new G35 is crucial to Infiniti's success. Well, instead of just talking, they should work harder to get the product out to the consumers.

At least the pricing info, so people can decide and start ordering the damn car. Here we are less than a month away from the launch, all clueless about the prices.

I mean, this is the ONLY car Inifiniti is releasing this year. Gee...

Old 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah, but 06's are selling for below invoice now. 07's will be (initially) at or very close to MSRP. So, the 06's will still be attractive to many. Once the 06 stock is depleted, the prices will come down on 07's.

Originally Posted by G35stilez

If pricing comes out similar to the leftover 06s (which it probably will), Infiniti will have a hard time getting rid of the rest (for obvious reasons). I'm not sure about you, but in CT, the lots are still pretty loaded with an array of 06s. It would only hurt the dealers to have these sitting on the lots and if the prices are close, people are going to walk right into a new model.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
I'm sure this is contributed to the Corporate HQ move to Tennessee - word has it this Nissan is in a state of disarray after over 1/2 of the staff in CA quit Nissan/Infiniti.
It has nothing to do with the move to TN.

Nissan has always kept specific pricing information confidential until just before the official launch of the vehicle.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 PM
DWP
Originally Posted by jrock65
It has nothing to do with the move to TN.

Nissаn has always kept specific pricing information confidential until just before the official launch of the vehicle.
Nissаn released the pricing for the '07 M the very same day that it "officially" went on sale, according to the press release.

http://www.infinitinews.com/infiniti...21023938.shtml

I have no idea what "official" release date Nissаn has in mind for the '07 G35, but that's probably when the pricing for it will be released ... and not sooner.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
How are people ordering their G35's without knowing official pricing?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Lip
Originally Posted by G35stilez

Makes sense. They old G35 is still on the lots big time.
Additionally, maybe they were waiting to see where Acura and Bimmer priced their respective "updated" offerings.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
DWP
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
How are people ordering their G35's without knowing official pricing?
Sounds like those people aren't "ordering" them so much as putting down deposits on a specific car that the dealer expects to be getting, with the actual price TBA.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I think it is smart of them, cause they can move all that '06 out. Didnt you notice all the clearance commercials?