G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Another 07 sport experience - sry no pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another 07 sport experience - sry no pics

The weather cleared up during my lunch break so I decided to check out the local dealer. They had a 07 Sport, fully loaded. I believe the color was DG because it looked exactly like the DG 06 G35 next to it. The interior was all black and looked awesome. I didn't really care for the black interior on the 05-06 but it looks good with the new interior. Like others have said, everything looks better in person. Things that stand out in pics are much more sublte in person. The interior is just gorgeous and everything is vastly improved over the last gen. The aluminum trim actually looks good and fits with the rest of the materials used. I really liked the feel of the leather seats and wheel. The sport seats where extremely comfortable. The chrome spoiler isn't so bad but it still doesn't work IMO. The backup camera is attached to it and instantly gets your attention along with the array of fingerprints.

The salesman told me that they have been told nothing about the car. There was a lot buttons all over the place but he had no idea what they did. I have no idea why Infiniti would put these demo cars out there and not let dealers know anything about them. The salesman also told me that they will get a dozen or so cars very early in November. Only 2 are purchased and dealers will not be allowed to trade cars for some time. I will try to attend the event next week and see if I can drive one.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by jawjaw
The weather cleared up during my lunch break so I decided to check out the local dealer. They had a 07 Sport, fully loaded. I believe the color was DG because it looked exactly like the DG 06 G35 next to it. The interior was all black and looked awesome. I didn't really care for the black interior on the 05-06 but it looks good with the new interior. Like others have said, everything looks better in person. Things that stand out in pics are much more sublte in person. The interior is just gorgeous and everything is vastly improved over the last gen. The aluminum trim actually looks good and fits with the rest of the materials used. I really liked the feel of the leather seats and wheel. The sport seats where extremely comfortable. The chrome spoiler isn't so bad but it still doesn't work IMO. The backup camera is attached to it and instantly gets your attention along with the array of fingerprints.

The salesman told me that they have been told nothing about the car. There was a lot buttons all over the place but he had no idea what they did. I have no idea why Infiniti would put these demo cars out there and not let dealers know anything about them. The salesman also told me that they will get a dozen or so cars very early in November. Only 2 are purchased and dealers will not be allowed to trade cars for some time. I will try to attend the event next week and see if I can drive one.

Glad to hear you liked the interior John. As far as the salesmen are concerned, they should be logging into G35Driver to learn a few things!

Old 10-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
dealers will not be allowed to trade cars for some time.
Can somebody confirm this? Anyone know why?

Old 10-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
Can somebody confirm this? Anyone know why?
I think this means inter dealer trades... not trade-in deals.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
That's what I understood, but I'm wondering why Infiniti would prohibit it's dealer from swapping cars? I would assume they could do anything to get the sale...

Old 10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
That's what I understood, but I'm wondering why Infiniti would prohibit it's dealer from swapping cars? I would assume they could do anything to get the sale...
I would imagine most dealers will be getting the same cars anyway.
- dealers often don't have any choice on initial allotments

Old 10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
From what I heard, the first allotment is not controlled by the dealer ... its sent out by Infiniti "corporate"

Just speculating - but maybe Infiniti wants cars available to a broad section of ppl in the country .... say each dealer gets only 2 6MTs -- if there are folks from a specific area that are ready to overpay, then they can take away all the 6MTs.

Just a guess .... this way whatever logic was behind Infiniti's initial allotment decision would stay intact.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by max2k1
From what I heard, the first allotment is not controlled by the dealer ... its sent out by Infiniti "corporate"

Just speculating - but maybe Infiniti wants cars available to a broad section of ppl in the country .... say each dealer gets only 2 6MTs -- if there are folks from a specific area that are ready to overpay, then they can take away all the 6MTs.

Just a guess .... this way whatever logic was behind Infiniti's initial allotment decision would stay intact.
Yes, that's true. The GM at my dealership said the same thing. Thaty's why you see so many Journeys arriving in Nov. But even in her second batch order (which the dealership made), there were only two 6MTs. One is mine.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:15 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by max2k1

Here in Halifax (Canada) the dealer is not getting an Infiniti demo and ordered their allotment.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I had an nice little experience today as well. Reading all these posts on the new G made me run down to my dealership here in Greenville on my lunch break. Bradshaw Infiniti has a Diamond Graphite one with the black leather sports package. Basic specs with the Washi Aluminum. I think all the dealerships get the same model. I talked to the sales guy and said the same things that JawJaw been saying. We know more about the new G than the actual sales guys! Anyways the guy told me lets go for a drive. I love the way the pedal felt. Its a bit firmer and the pedal itself is located lower to the floor for less of an ankle movement. The engine roars the same, but with a toned down sound that comes out of the tailpipes. I felt a bit more torque in between 2k-3k RPM. We then drove some curvy roads and ill tell ya the car holds the road beautifully. It feels like the back end is a bit heavier but the grip is awesome. Anyways I had the same impressions as JawJaw. Looks way better in person and all the small details is what makes is BEST IN CLASS.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
That's right. It means that if another dealer across town or in another city has the car you want, the local dealer cannot get it for you like they normally can. I guess this will help keep an even distribution of cars but sucks for those looking for a specific car.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The interior is awesome. A great upgrade from the 06. I drove the S yesterday. The leather was softer, the steering wheel felt nicer, and the entire experience was much more driver oriented. It reminded me of sitting in the M3.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by Yv12345vY
The interior is awesome. ...............
It reminded me of sitting in the M3.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 07G
Here in Halifax (Canada) the dealer is not getting an Infiniti demo and ordered their allotment.
Hey we've got another Haligonian.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey we've got another Haligonian.
Yeah, it's nice to have another Martimer on here Deane. Mike ordered an 07 as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another 07 sport experience - sry no pics