G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

RCA's in the center console (iPod)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trey100
Sorry for the noob question but I have an 09 G and I have my Ipod plugged in fine with the cord they provided. Works fine. Where could I find one cord that has both the Audio/Video connector (red/white/yellow) as well as the other Infintii connector?

I think the other cords mentioned here are only for certain generation ipods (older ones) or iphones?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Help would be appreciated.
There aren't any cords like this.
You're stuck with one or the other.

Also I've had my Apple connecter and my Griffin USB charger thing for 6 months now with no problems with noise cut out or anything like what you guys described.

I have however heard of some problems for people that go RCA to 3.5mm Jack, but never through the iPod dock.

And I get that message about the connection not being compatable with my iPhone and I noticed it only happens if I plug in before I start the car, weird.

Also, as a cool side note, you can also watch YouTube videos if you have the video dock connector.
Just open the YouTube app and play a video and it automatically plays it on your car screen. I love Charlie the Unicorn!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by ilovemyskyline
There aren't any cords like this.
You're stuck with one or the other.

Also I've had my Apple connecter and my Griffin USB charger thing for 6 months now with no problems with noise cut out or anything like what you guys described.

I have however heard of some problems for people that go RCA to 3.5mm Jack, but never through the iPod dock.

And I get that message about the connection not being compatable with my iPhone and I noticed it only happens if I plug in before I start the car, weird.

Also, as a cool side note, you can also watch YouTube videos if you have the video dock connector.
Just open the YouTube app and play a video and it automatically plays it on your car screen. I love Charlie the Unicorn!!!
Ok - so there isn't 1 cable to do it all, but if I use the Ipod connector that came with my car (I have a 5G Ipod) for music, can I then connect a 3mm to RCA connection to the Ipod for video play? Something like this:

http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-C...p-1009502.html

Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chaaaarrlllliiiiieeeee....Its a Leopluradon

Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by rickochet
chaaaarrlllliiiiieeeee....its a leopluradon
hahahahahahahahaaha!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by trey100
Ok - so there isn't 1 cable to do it all, but if I use the Ipod connector that came with my car (I have a 5G Ipod) for music, can I then connect a 3mm to RCA connection to the Ipod for video play? Something like this:

http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-C...p-1009502.html
I'm not 100% familiar with what connections are available with the premium packages (I just have a base package) so I can only speak from what I've heard about the iPod connectivity.

I think you have to pick between iPod or AUX (you can't do both at the same time) but you can switch between music and video if that's what you want.
You can't control/navigate your iPod and play AUX at the same time.
Anyone have the iPod connector that can verify this?

Also, I'm pretty sure that you can't play video through the 3.5mm jack for newer gen iPods. You should contact Apple directly and ask if not only your specific iPod model but also your iPod generation will work with a 3.5mm to RCA video. There are some players that do have the ability to transfer data and video through the headphone jack (similar to what the new iPod shuffles do).

Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by ilovemyskyline
I'm not 100% familiar with what connections are available with the premium packages (I just have a base package) so I can only speak from what I've heard about the iPod connectivity.

I think you have to pick between iPod or AUX (you can't do both at the same time) but you can switch between music and video if that's what you want.
You can't control/navigate your iPod and play AUX at the same time.
Anyone have the iPod connector that can verify this?

Also, I'm pretty sure that you can't play video through the 3.5mm jack for newer gen iPods. You should contact Apple directly and ask if not only your specific iPod model but also your iPod generation will work with a 3.5mm to RCA video. There are some players that do have the ability to transfer data and video through the headphone jack (similar to what the new iPod shuffles do).
Thanks for the responses. I have an 09 G37xs with premium and NAV. Using the adaptor that came with the car, I can see and control all my Ipod music via the NAV screen. I currently do not have anything plugged into the RCA jacks. I'll check with Apple as you've recommended. Thanks again.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Yes u can listen to music while driving. u can only watch video when ur car is in park. Or else it will not play. but honestly buying the RCA connection with video is a waste of money. if i were you i wud jst buy the audio RCA cables.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by sanwar2
Yes u can listen to music while driving. u can only watch video when ur car is in park. Or else it will not play. but honestly buying the RCA connection with video is a waste of money. if i were you i wud jst buy the audio RCA cables.
But once again, you not only loose the video, but they ability to charge your iPod at the same time.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I have a 2007 G35x with the 3 RCA plugs and I just bought Apples Composite connector and it works perfectly. I also have a usb->cigarette adapter for power. Everything is perfect until I want to change a song and I have to open the center console get my ipod and change the song. Very annoying!!

Any good solutions to this? I was thinking about getting a dock and using a remote to change the songs but then I run into where to mount the dock and fumbling around with a remote while driving isn't the safest thing to do. It would be amazing if I could change songs with the steering wheel controls, does such a thing exist?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by umhelp
I have a 2007 G35x with the 3 RCA plugs and I just bought Apples Composite connector and it works perfectly. I also have a usb->cigarette adapter for power. Everything is perfect until I want to change a song and I have to open the center console get my ipod and change the song. Very annoying!!

Any good solutions to this? I was thinking about getting a dock and using a remote to change the songs but then I run into where to mount the dock and fumbling around with a remote while driving isn't the safest thing to do. It would be amazing if I could change songs with the steering wheel controls, does such a thing exist?
There's plenty of mounting brackets on the market but I haven't blown the money on one yet.
I have a tri-fold wallet that I sit flat in my cup holder. I then place my iPhone on top of that with the cable coming out of the console right there to connect.
It leaves the iPhone right there to change songs and all wires are tucked in and everything is nice and neat.

For brackets, I like the pro-clip brackets and mounts.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by umhelp

Not at this time however the next best thing that will allow you to see the music on your factory LCD screen and keep the ipod charged is this.
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post2812370
I have it and it works pretty nice. Use the link in my Sig.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry for the noob question...but if I understand this correctly, you can watch video when the car is in park on te nav screen? It this via an ipod with the RCAs or on the DVD player from the nav?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by mike3000
Sorry for the noob question...but if I understand this correctly, you can watch video when the car is in park on te nav screen? It this via an ipod with the RCAs or on the DVD player from the nav?
Yes. The car needs to be in park and the E-brake applied. You can use any external video device that uses RCA.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cheap cable

Or you can get it from eBay for $0.99 + Free Shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-to-AV-RCA-Audio-Adapter-Cable-for-iPod-MP3-3-5-mm_W0QQitemZ220477015180QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335574448c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Old 11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
just curious, I have all the correct cables but couldnt get the video to come up on my screen using AUX. I just remembered, i didnt have the parking brake engaged, so maybe thats why, but does it have anything to do with the fact that i dont have NAV?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RCA's in the center console (iPod)