G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

RCA Jacks in Center Console (Canucks, here's a question for you!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Sweet...That is an awesome option!!! That is an absolutely great idea to integrate aux inputs. Can anyone confirm whether they are component or composite? HDMI Anyone?!?!?
They are RCA inputs.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet...That is an awesome option!!! That is an absolutely great idea to integrate aux inputs. Can anyone confirm whether they are component or composite? HDMI Anyone?!?!?
Composite...

Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Composite RCA.

What would you do with component and HDMI on a 7" screen ???

Old 10-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by max2k1
Composite RCA.

What would you do with component and HDMI on a 7" screen ???
As an ECE student, all I can really say is "you don't want to ask that question"

: )

HDMI would actually be wild, considering it's a digital interface, and actually accepts unencrypted feeds, which would be the same as the DVI interface for your home computer monitor. So you'd get perfect display off of a Mac Mini for instance (BT to the handset for GPRS and a keyboard!). Yeah, it's completely off the wall, but it'd be a lot nicer than scaled composite RCA. From what I read it's a RGB feed to the LCD behind the dash (much like your old 90-pound monitor) but who knows!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Composite. Red/White for audio and Yellow for video.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Is there a pass thru for the cables out of the glove box?

Old 11-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneotool
Is there a pass thru for the cables out of the glove box?
I remember asking myself the same question when I looked at the middle glove box. I don't recall seeing any holes of any sort.

I wonder how easy it would be to tap into the rca inputs, then run wires up to LCDs in the front head rests!

Old 11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
I remember asking myself the same question when I looked at the middle glove box. I don't recall seeing any holes of any sort.

I wonder how easy it would be to tap into the rca inputs, then run wires up to LCDs in the front head rests!
I'm just thinking it would be a hassle to have to keep your ipod in the glove box and have to open the box every time you wanted to change songs. If there is no hole - I would have to drill one.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by shaneotool
I'm just thinking it would be a hassle to have to keep your ipod in the glove box and have to open the box every time you wanted to change songs. If there is no hole - I would have to drill one.
Wish they had full iPod integration as an option ..... I would've taken it - so would many others ...

maybe it'll come in the 08 model

Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 AM
There is actually no hole anywhere for the rca cables to come out of the glove box. i use the rcas to play my sirius unit because teh G doesnt have a tape deck and radio station frequency sucks in south florida. I actually have it set up pretty nice and have the wires tucked under the plastic as best as i can, and then they come up from the side of the seat closest to the glove box and then go in. Pretty stupid, there is those ports aswell as a dc plug but only a very tiny indentin the plastic in the front of the box, towards the shifter. THey have to change that for the upcoming models.
wg

Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Compostite. Left/right audio plus rca video. You have to be in park (if applicable) with the parking break on to get the video feed- audio is any time. I've used it to hook up my camera so I could check out pictures on a bigger screen than the 1.5" lcd on the camera. I haven't used it for audio since I already have so many options (mp3 cd, xm, etc).

Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow... 7 month bump...

Originally Posted by urirx98
There is actually no hole anywhere for the rca cables to come out of the glove box. i use the rcas to play my sirius unit because teh G doesnt have a tape deck and radio station frequency sucks in south florida. I actually have it set up pretty nice and have the wires tucked under the plastic as best as i can, and then they come up from the side of the seat closest to the glove box and then go in. Pretty stupid, there is those ports aswell as a dc plug but only a very tiny indentin the plastic in the front of the box, towards the shifter. THey have to change that for the upcoming models.
wg
Just bite the bullet and drill... that's what I did.

You can take the whole thing apart and run the wires cleanly under the shifter trim to whereever you want.