G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

RCA Jacks in Center Console (Canucks, here's a question for you!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RCA Jacks in Center Console (Canucks, here's a question for you!)

From what another member posted on here of the '07 G35 center console, there are a trio of RCA jacks in the compartment under the armrest, presumably as some sort of AUX input - what is the functionality of these, especially the video aspect of them? Someone mind playing around a bit?

I'm psyched to see an AUX come standard though at least for audio (though who really needs it with a CF slot and the ripping HDD!) - some cars it's a $700 dealer-installed part!

Old 10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
hook up your ps2 and play on your nav screen

Old 10-25-2006, 11:45 PM
I haven't tried the jacks yet, since I just listened to mp3s on CDs now anyway. I guess an ipod AV kit would work, but why bother?

Honestly I haven't found a use for it yet...

Old 10-26-2006, 04:00 AM
I am going to be ordering the '07 sport (manual) with no options so it should come in around 31,750$ if I can get 500 bucks off.

the point (for me) of using my iPod Video with the RCA's (assuming I can) would be so I can watch episodes of the office in my car while waiting for my next class (imma full time student) to start or if I got nothin to do on my lunch break at work

Old 10-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by wavelengths
From what another member posted on here of the '07 G35 center console, there are a trio of RCA jacks in the compartment under the armrest, presumably as some sort of AUX input - what is the functionality of these, especially the video aspect of them? Someone mind playing around a bit?

I'm psyched to see an AUX come standard though at least for audio (though who really needs it with a CF slot and the ripping HDD!) - some cars it's a $700 dealer-installed part!
From what I understand, the AUX ports can be used for external devices such as iPods,other MP3 players, consoles...etc. Also, again just from what I understand, any video being displayed from the AUX ports to the LCD screen is only available while the car is in park. Maybe someone else here that actually has their G already can confirm.

Also, the AUX ports come standard.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
DWP
Originally Posted by canuck
Also, again just from what I understand, any video being displayed from the AUX ports to the LCD screen is only available while the car is in park. Maybe someone else here that actually has their G already can confirm.
Or, in the case of a 6MT, when the car is stopped with the handbrakе engaged? One would hope that they don't just disable the video capability in the 6MT because it doesn't have "Park."

Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by DWP
Or, in the case of a 6MT, when the car is stopped with the handbrakе engaged? One would hope that they don't just disable the video capability in the 6MT because it doesn't have "Park."
I would agree. As long as the handbrake is engaged it shouldn't be any different.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would agree. As long as the handbrake is engaged it shouldn't be any different.
... I smell an easy hack coming...

Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
... I smell an easy hack coming...
LOL... That wouldn't even be a challenge.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Traveling Administrator
The hack that is most important to me is being able to rip MP3s to the HD.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The hack that is most important to me is being able to rip MP3s to the HD.
It's sad that you they won't let you rip off of MP3 CDs, but if the CF reader has a very high capacity limit (4GB? 8GB?), then I'll just leave the card in there -- since we can't rip off of that, either!

I'll also leave 6 MP3 CDs in the trunk. That'll give me another 4.2GBs. I think I'll be okay... for now.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Traveling Administrator
It's sad that you they won't let you rip off of MP3 CDs, but if the CF reader has a very high capacity limit (4GB? 8GB?), then I'll just leave the card in there -- since we can't rip off of that, either!

I'll also leave 6 MP3 CDs in the trunk. That'll give me another 4.2GBs. I think I'll be okay... for now.
When playing MP3s from the CF card, do we have the same Gracenote database capabilities as playing music from the HD? That might be the only caveat regarding playing music soley from the CF card.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:57 PM

Aww crap -- you can't use the CF card to copy MP3s over to the HD ?!?
I had always thought that it was possible -- don't know when this changed !! -- arghhhh

So the only way to get MP3s to the HD is by ripping a audio cd in the car ? That would be slow .....

Old 10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
When playing MP3s from the CF card, do we have the same Gracenote database capabilities as playing music from the HD? That might be the only caveat regarding playing music soley from the CF card.
I wonder if the MP3s on the CF card don't use gracenote (i thought gracenote was for CDs), can they read ID3 tags on an MP3. I tag all my music, so that would make things really nice!

Old 10-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Sweet...That is an awesome option!!! That is an absolutely great idea to integrate aux inputs. Can anyone confirm whether they are component or composite? HDMI Anyone?!?!?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RCA Jacks in Center Console (Canucks, here's a question for you!)