G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

'07 G35 Review: The Truth About Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 G35 Review: The Truth About Cars

I particularly like the reviews on this site: Unbiased and not afraid to call anything a POS if that what it is, or praise a car that deserves praise no matter the cost/manufacturer/popularity.

Here is their G35 review – interesting review: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2539

Please move to the review thread.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Decent review, thanks for sharing Rich.

One thing I definitely don't agree with in the review is the 03-06 model having "lackluster" looks. That may be the writer's opinion, but certainly not a general consensus. I think it is the styling that attracts most G buyers. After all, the G brought Infiniti out of trouble and account for about 1/3 of their sales.....it can't be too lackluster in the looks dept.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 AM
G-Squad DJ =)
all i know is those pics make me like the 07 in red

Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 AM
DWP
Oh, great. The new G35, an acceptable substitute for Pathetic Losers who can't afford the real thing from Munich.

Dan Neil (LA Times) he ain't; too cute by half. Mr. Peters could use some adult supervision from a grown-up editor ("voice activated navigation ... that tells you where and when but not how to get off.") He also needs to crib more carefully from Nissаn's press releases ("Wahsi paper," "you can copy and paste up to 2000 songs").

Which is not a criticism of sharing the link. Every review, even this one, contains at least a few embedded kernels of useful information.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the dealer yesterday, I confused the 2006 and 2007 at a glance more than a few times. The 2007 doesn't look as different as I expected it to. I'm not entirely sure I prefer it to the 2006, as it looks pudgier.

The main problem with either sedan is not that they're bad looking, but that the G35 coupe is drop-dead gorgeous. Apparently it's hard to combine the coupe's styling with an adult-friendly back seat.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:38 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DWP
Oh, great. The new G35, an acceptable substitute for Pathetic Losers who can't afford the real thing from Munich.
Yeah, totally understand. I'm sick of fact that everyone must justify the fact that driving a G means you can't afford a 3 Series. In fact, that statement is probably just plain wrong. Many people comparison shop which means they most likely can afford either one. I think its crazy that Infiniti can a better looking package w/ more technology and similar performance compared to the 3 series for a greater value. I'm sorry, but I'd rather buy a fantastic car and still pocket thousands. The BMW name means nothing to me. It does not mean superior.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
I particularly like the reviews on this site: Unbiased and not afraid to call anything a POS if that what it is, or praise a car that deserves praise no matter the cost/manufacturer/popularity.

Here is their G35 review – interesting review: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2539

Please move to the review thread.
This review was already posted 5 days ago in the reviews thread (#30).

Old 10-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, not a bad review. The guy writes with a bit much hyperbole but reasonably fair in his review.

I didn't know the new sport had Brembos.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Yeah, not a bad review. The guy writes with a bit much hyperbole but reasonably fair in his review.

I didn't know the new sport had Brembos.
Brembos holy scheit... better run over to the stealer & order before the "subject to change" clause kicks in

Old 10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Decent review, thanks for sharing Rich.

One thing I definitely don't agree with in the review is the 03-06 model having "lackluster" looks. That may be the writer's opinion, but certainly not a general consensus. I think it is the styling that attracts most G buyers. After all, the G brought Infiniti out of trouble and account for about 1/3 of their sales.....it can't be too lackluster in the looks dept.
Agreed, the orignal G 35 sedans are gorgeous and have sold plenty......it was
the face of the Infiniti commercials for 4 years....the writer just is blind to that fact...in this article.

And most likely see the Inifintis as a threat to BMW's dominace in his opinion circles. The public has spoken....G35's are the real deal compared to German sedans...and can actually out run them too.

Last edited by dec55; 10-31-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Brembos holy scheit... better run over to the stealer & order before the "subject to change" clause kicks in
Tell me about it

Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dec55
Agreed, the orignal G 35 sedans are gorgeous and have sold plenty......it was
the face of the Infiniti commercials for 4 years....the writer just is blind to that fact...in this article.

And most likely see the Inifintis as a threat to BMW's dominace in his opinion circles. The public has spoken....G35's are the real deal compared to German sedans...and can actually out run them too.
Although I think the coupe is much better looking than the sedan [both generations], it's certainly not ugly by any means. I do agree w/the interior comment - right on about that; but that's a mute point as well now.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I was an inch from getting a 335i just on the new motor and 6 speed auto- the BMW manual was all long throws and notchiness, and felt no faster than the auto). The car is very very nice. But by comparison to the 07 G the interior of the Bimmer feels like a penalty box, and its great front end unfortunately is followd by an ugly butt.

My S now has 230 miles and hasn't been flogged, but it is so quick and smooth and quiet that cruising it is hard to not slip up over 80. The paddles are fun but seriously, I will likely seldom bother with them cause the trans seems to kow whats happening both accelerating and slowing down to get around corners reasonable quickly. The Nav and voice functions are astounding easy to use and becomming transparent after just three days. Sport heated seats are bit firm compared to my well worn 02.5 G w/o heating coils, but my butt is getting used to them. The rear cam is starting to feel like "how could I live without it". The ~$8k I didn't spend on the Bimmer is itching to get out of my pocket.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by chuckg35
I was an inch from getting a 335i just on the new motor and 6 speed auto- the BMW manual was all long throws and notchiness, and felt no faster than the auto). The car is very very nice. But by comparison to the 07 G the interior of the Bimmer feels like a penalty box, and its great front end unfortunately is followd by an ugly butt.

My S now has 230 miles and hasn't been flogged, but it is so quick and smooth and quiet that cruising it is hard to not slip up over 80. The paddles are fun but seriously, I will likely seldom bother with them cause the trans seems to kow whats happening both accelerating and slowing down to get around corners reasonable quickly. The Nav and voice functions are astounding easy to use and becomming transparent after just three days. Sport heated seats are bit firm compared to my well worn 02.5 G w/o heating coils, but my butt is getting used to them. The rear cam is starting to feel like "how could I live without it". The ~$8k I didn't spend on the Bimmer is itching to get out of my pocket.
I spent that extra 8.7k, and felt like I had made the right decision when I sat in the AWD G35 on Sat. (which surprisingly had a sticker of 40.2) It's only money--hard-earned, but worth the expenditure to get what I was really yearning for. It really is what the beholder, and the one writing the check thinks. Salespeople and marketers sometimes forget. The big question for me was do I really NEED a car as expensive as brand a, or b, or c. The answer is no, it's pure luxury. Once I accepted that fact, I felt comfortable and placed my order to Regensburg.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mkaresh
the G35 coupe is drop-dead gorgeous. Apparently it's hard to combine the coupe's styling with an adult-friendly back seat.
No manufacturer has been able to make a sedan look as good as a coupe while still making the back seat adult-friendly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '07 G35 Review: The Truth About Cars