G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Tire Pressures displayed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressures displayed?

I had a front rim swapped out at the dealer last night and I am getting the flashing low tire pressure alert. The manual describes what I am seeing as a TPMS monitoring problem.

I called the dealer and spoke with the service manager and she said that there was a way to display the tire pressures on screen. I can't find any way to see individual tire pressures through the trip computer or main screen.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Waxer
I read the whole manual and didn't see anything about displaying the actual tire pressures. I wish it could. If I recall the manual just says to check all the tire pressures.

P.S. I wonder if this was the same woman at my dealership that said the G35 had no computer and had nothing to do with fuel economy. You had only fuel injectors and that's it.

Last edited by Sedanman07; 12-15-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the Nissan Quest you press the "maintenance" button to gain access to the pressure display. That would be a disappointment to me if the values are not displayed on the G35. I poured over the manual also, in one section it says you can see the pressures, the other it doesn't. :huh:?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I haven't seen that our new 07 G35X. I know on Msedanmans M45 it does show the pressure readings on his tires on his screen, I was impressed.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:59 PM
There is something related to tires when I drilled down into the trip computer screens, I'll have to play with it some more in the morning.

Oh well, back to the dealer again!

Old 12-16-2006, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The TPMS on the 07G does not display which tire is low in pressure and what the the current pressure is for the under inflated tire. This is also the case for the TPMS of Lexus IS.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by MY07G35SPN
The TPMS on the 07G does not display which tire is low in pressure and what the the current pressure is for the under inflated tire. This is also the case for the TPMS of Lexus IS.
I'm a little disappointed that the G35 does not do this. As most of you probably know several other cars do this, and it's a very helpful feature...but my wife's odyssey is the same way. Oh well.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Hmm. The FX displays the pressure for all 4 tires (though you have to guess which one is which).

Old 12-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by johnmax
Hmm. The FX displays the pressure for all 4 tires (though you have to guess which one is which).

Sounds like the FX is the same as my QX56. Although my previous M35 could display the reading with a diagram of the car with pressure readings at all four corners. That did come in handy. I'm already missing it on my new G.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Has anyone figured out whether or not it will display the tire pressure of the tires? In the manual on page 6-2 under "Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)" it clearly (at least to me) states that it will display the tire pressure of each tire....

"The system also displays pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display by sending a signal from a sensor that is installed in each wheel..."

Has anyone been able to see the tire pressures displayed?

-Jason

Edit: Is it possible this is the problem...."This system will activate only when the vechile is driven at speeds above 16MPH"

Last edited by jasplat88; 12-25-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedanman07
I read the whole manual and didn't see anything about displaying the actual tire pressures. I wish it could. If I recall the manual just says to check all the tire pressures.

P.S. I wonder if this was the same woman at my dealership that said the G35 had no computer and had nothing to do with fuel economy. You had only fuel injectors and that's it.
LOL, you're kidding, right?
-------
As to tire pressure readout, I'm not sure if you guys with the navi have an individual readout of TP like on my M.....If you do, click on Information .-- scroll to Tire Pressures , it's the second choice on that page under Fuel Economy.

.......and will look like the attached thumbnail:

C.

Attached Thumbnails Tire Pressures displayed?-mini-navi-tp-display.jpg  

Last edited by Msedanman; 12-25-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:20 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread on this...

I'm curious to know if the G35 has this same problem. I currently have an '04 VW Touareg and am thinking about trading it for an '07 G35.

This is a question I posted in the VW forum I'm a member of...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2993810

Actually... I just realized none of you will know the answer yet since the new G has only been out in the winter months. Nevermind.

Last edited by RamshakleZ; 12-25-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
I didn't want to start a new thread on this...

I'm curious to know if the G35 has this same problem. I currently have an '04 VW Touareg and am thinking about trading it for an '07 G35.

This is a question I posted in the VW forum I'm a member of...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2993810

Actually... I just realized none of you will know the answer yet since the new G has only been out in the winter months. Nevermind.
I doubt very much that the Infiniti TPS system is unusually problematic...at least I've not heard many complaints from the previous model owners and certainly no complaints that can't be rectified by the dealer's 're-initializing' the system.
My M's is fine and without issue, tho I've not driven it much in the winter, just occasionally to stretch its legs on nicer days, but the TPS seems accurate, happy and not prone to false alarms.

It might be that the Touareg's TPS is more touchy and has a smaller 'safe zone' than the Infiniti's, causing more unwanted alarms...

The "egg" is a nice machine... I have a friend who owns one (V8) and loves it.

C.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Colin, I have gone through my screen when I first got it and we don't have the readouts for tire pressures like your M. I remember seeing it on your car and I was impressed, it was really neat .
I might have missed it on our car, but I don't think so .

Old 12-25-2006, 06:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Colin, I have gone through my screen when I first got it and we don't have the readouts for tire pressures like your M. I remember seeing it on your car and I was impressed, it was really neat .
I might have missed it on our car, but I don't think so .
LOL, Wayne, the M has to stay ahead of the G somehow.......

C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressures displayed?