G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Question for anyone who ordered a new G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for anyone who ordered a new G

I ordered mine on November 6th, but the dealership hasn't given me any information on it. I don't have a build date, ship date, VIN, etc.

I was told approx. 90 days (plus or minus 1 week) to take delivery of my G.

How long did it take the rest of you to get that information and what was the original estimate for delivery?

Old 12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's normal for my experience, I ordered on Oct 27th and was told 90ish days, I talked to my salesman on Thursday and he said, any day now they should be getting the info and delivery ETA. Usually they hear a week to 10 days before months end. So we're in the same boat, it feels a little uncomfortable... MY guess we should be hearing before Christmas, by the end of the week.

Old 12-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by kring
That's normal for my experience, I ordered on Oct 27th and was told 90ish days, I talked to my salesman on Thursday and he said, any day now they should be getting the info and delivery ETA. Usually they hear a week to 10 days before months end. So we're in the same boat, it feels a little uncomfortable... MY guess we should be hearing before Christmas, by the end of the week.
Thanks for the response! That puts my mind a little more at ease.

My salesperson is out for the rest of the month on vacation, so her assistant his helping me and I'm not sure how knowledgeable she is about the ordering process.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sprintdammit
Thanks for the response! That puts my mind a little more at ease.

My salesperson is out for the rest of the month on vacation, so her assistant his helping me and I'm not sure how knowledgeable she is about the ordering process.
Good luck guys - it's probably hard to wait, but it'll be worth it!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I ordered mine back in the summer and never got VIN # until the latter part of October. Hang in there, it will be here soon!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:10 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you ordered November 6th, most likely you missed November's ordering cycle, which means your order went in sometime early this month (December).

That would make it a January build with a February shipment, and delivery is expected to be around end of February - beginning of March (depends on where in the country you are).

Your dealer should have an order number for you. VINs are released to the dealers when the cars are enroute, enjoying their cruise...

Mine is a December order as well

Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
If you ordered November 6th, most likely you missed November's ordering cycle, which means your order went in sometime early this month (December).

That would make it a January build with a February shipment, and delivery is expected to be around end of February - beginning of March (depends on where in the country you are).

Your dealer should have an order number for you. VINs are released to the dealers when the cars are enroute, enjoying their cruise...

Mine is a December order as well
That sounds like the timeline that she gave me except that she told me that I made the order date for Novemeber!

I sure hope I made it...I think I might shrivel up like a prune from anticipation if I have to wait until March!!

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sprintdammit
I ordered mine on November 6th, but the dealership hasn't given me any information on it. I don't have a build date, ship date, VIN, etc.

I was told approx. 90 days (plus or minus 1 week) to take delivery of my G.

How long did it take the rest of you to get that information and what was the original estimate for delivery?
Hyatt Infiniti's policy is that they do not give the VIN# until after the PDI, just incase something goes wrong they can replace it ASAP with out even telling the customer. In my case I popped in the to ask about the mainenence schedule the day my car showed up on a truck, and I got my VIN a bit earlier.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
mrb
I've ordered one before. They can get you status once it is so far on the ship. When it hits the port in LA is when they can give you a VIN. Just make sure your salesman/woman isn't a buster. Get them to call you when it's at the port LA and get them to verify your option list.

It sucks waiting but believe me, an ordered car is nicer than one on the lot. If you get down there when it shows up on the truck, you can sit there and wait if the dealership is cool and make sure no one f'cks with it.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sprint, have you heard anything? I have not received a call as of yet. Where are you located? I'm in CT.