G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

XMNavTraffic - only work in destination mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dopey
All the paper work I found with regard to the XM radio (and info from the dealer too) is that I have to sign up for the 3 month trial period myself. XM makes you put in your payment information when you sign up, that way they roll your trial period into a full subscription immediately when the 3 months are up. You're supposed to cancel within the 3 months if you don't want it.

How would a dealer do that for you and why should a dealer do that for you as they normally don't have your CC info to put in for subscription payment?

As for bluetooth, my dealer offered to do it for me but once again, they need your phone to do it. I'd rather do it myself. My phone is MY phone
Sorry to bump this up, but I'm curious about this too. My G came with XM radio and traffic already activated. I don't know what the start date of the activation was, and what will happen at the end of 3 months? I guess it'll just stop working and I'll then have to activate on my own?

Also, when you do activate it, what do you tell XM? On a store bought unit, you'd give them a serial number so they can send an activation code over the air...what's the process for the car?

Old 02-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by dude_abides
Sorry to bump this up, but I'm curious about this too. My G came with XM radio and traffic already activated. I don't know what the start date of the activation was, and what will happen at the end of 3 months? I guess it'll just stop working and I'll then have to activate on my own?

Also, when you do activate it, what do you tell XM? On a store bought unit, you'd give them a serial number so they can send an activation code over the air...what's the process for the car?
Same here. My G already had XM working. What happens at the end of 3 months?

Old 02-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by randman
Same here. My G already had XM working. What happens at the end of 3 months?
If I remember right, it will stop getting a signal and will display something like "Call 1-xxx to activate". Then you call, give your radio number (from Channel 0 I think) and reactivate it. Happened on my FX the same way.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
on XM go to channel 0 -- get the 9 digit code.... then you can go to xmradio.com or call them to activate. tell them you have a '07 Infiniti G and if you want XM radio & Navtraffic it's 16.94 monthly charge.

using the internet works out the best

Old 02-10-2007, 08:50 AM
FYI -
I recently downloaded a Google map application (for my Palm 700p/Sprint/net access enabled) that has scalable sat pic or map options, and real time traffic with much better coverage than the Nav's. It is available for other such smart phones from Google.

Would be neat to have that displayed on the Nav sceeen!