G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Thinking about selling my G coupe for an 07 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Z2G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking about selling my G coupe for an 07 sedan

Due to family reasons (a new addition to the family), I will probably have to sell my 05 coupe for a sedan for practical reasons. I'm thinking about either a used TL or a barebones 07 G35 sedan since I'm sure the baby will trash the interior. Thus far, there hasn't been much consumer feedback on the 07 G sedan. Anybody have any insights or recommendations? I'm not that down with the TL since it's FWD and only okay looking, but I figure the price and reliability is a plus.

By the way, my 05 coupe 6sp is fully loaded and only has 7200 miles since January 05!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
FWIW, I have a baby on the way in two months. I put our baby seat in the back seat of my 07 Sedan and there lots of room.

If I had to choose between a used TL or a new G, it would be a no brainer for me. I can't see me going back to a FWD vehicle anytime soon.

Btw, just get graphite interior and you'll make out just fine. I carted my dog around all the time in my 03 G Sedan and the graphite leather still looked like new.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I traded an 05 Coupe with the Suspension Package for an 07 Sport

Old 01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Z2G
Due to family reasons (a new addition to the family), I will probably have to sell my 05 coupe for a sedan for practical reasons. I'm thinking about either a used TL or a barebones 07 G35 sedan since I'm sure the baby will trash the interior. Thus far, there hasn't been much consumer feedback on the 07 G sedan. Anybody have any insights or recommendations? I'm not that down with the TL since it's FWD and only okay looking, but I figure the price and reliability is a plus.

By the way, my 05 coupe 6sp is fully loaded and only has 7200 miles since January 05!
Well, you'll obviously get a better deal on the TL. I bought the G tho, because I'm done with FWD, at least for the moment - and the TL will be VERY different from your coupe. I test drove both the '06 coupe (MT) and the 07 sedan, and while the coupe may handle a bit better, it's close.

Regarding the interior, I just put a doubled towel under the car seats when our kids were babies, and the interior survived fine (there was also a guideline of no food unless REALLY necessary... )

Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Get a seat cover to go over the whole rear seat (that's what I'm planning on doing).

2. The baby will trash the interior only if you give him the proper tools (i.e. a food, bottles that are not sealed, pens or crayons, and the list goes on....).

My father was **** about his cars and they always looked great when my sister and I were young. On the other hand, my sister in law lets her kids to play with pretty much anything they want in the car and it shows - the interior looks like a war zone.

I'm not saying you should treat your kids like a Gestapo officer, but being a little strict about the things that important to you are nothing to be ashamed of.

P.S.

Go for the G. It's a no brainer.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 AM
get the G, my brother has the new TL and I put a whoppin on him. Took the VDC off and left him in the smoke! But the TL does have more interior space...alot more. My brother's 6'5 and he says he loves that he has enough space to stretch his legs. Its a nice car, juss get ready for tranny problems.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:38 AM
take it from me... two kids 2.5 and 5.5. its not that big a deal... unless you need to transport them daily... then yes swap it out. otherwise it'll only be alittle time before they can get in and latch the seatbelt themselves.

pba in the coupe my rear seatbelts constantly hang when i or the kids latch them, resulting in frustration and requiring the kids to get up , take the seat out and retract the belt and then start over. if you experience this problem run away from the coupe fast !

im going to try my luck with the 08 coupe and deal with it if it happens again. pba the 07 4dr g35 doesnt have direct port injection... dunno if it matters to you but i would have liked it to be in there. hopeing the 08 has it.

im out gl

ppp

ps tough call acura or the 07 g35. prob lean towards the g35

Old 01-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I just traded in my '03 G35 Coupe MT for a '07 G35S Sedan AT. Much better as far as space, and for the baby.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Z2G
Originally Posted by ORANGEBSRT
get the G, my brother has the new TL and I put a whoppin on him. Took the VDC off and left him in the smoke! But the TL does have more interior space...alot more. My brother's 6'5 and he says he loves that he has enough space to stretch his legs. Its a nice car, juss get ready for tranny problems.
Have there been documented problems with TL trannies?

Old 01-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Z2G
Have there been documented problems with TL trannies?
I don't know about the current generation, but I know the previous generation (01-03) TL and CL both had problems (since they had the same transmission). My brother's 2001 CL had to have the whole transmission replaced.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Z2G
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
I don't know about the current generation, but I know the previous generation (01-03) TL and CL both had problems (since they had the same transmission). My brother's 2001 CL had to have the whole transmission replaced.
Oh okay. I was actually thinking about a used 2005-2006 TL. I wouldn't get any used car that's older. I'm going from an 05 fully loaded 6MT G coupe. There's NO WAY I could trade down to a 01-03 used car!

I'm really leaning towards the 07 G sedan. I just won't pay MSRP for it though. So, hopefully, I can get it for little over invoice in my area. I figure I'll just wait a couple months and it may be easier to get a good price for the new sedan.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Z2G
My wife and I checked out the dealer today. I think I've made up my mind....I'm going to get the G35 sedan. It's a BEAUTIFUL car. I saw one in blue slate....it was NICE!!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Blue Slate is definitely a classy looking color. :-)

http://mikepro.googlepages.com/new2007infinitig35x

Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You won't regret the G35!

It is very practical, with a decent-sized trunk and reasonable rear legroom...plus it is a blast to drive and is a real beauty! Good luck with your negotiations.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Make sure you get a black interior with all weather floor mats, so when the baby trashes the car, it won't look too bad :-) .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my G coupe for an 07 sedan