G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Just venting...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just venting...

So I'm studying for the bar right now and it's really stressful and I'm kind of running on a short fuse...anyways, just wanted to vent about a few of the things that have been bothering me lately...

1. People Who Litter

People who litter suck. They suck because someone threw a soda can on the 101, which got smushed, thus generating sharp edges. The can was hurtling at me at a high speed, while I was hurtling at it at 80 mph (I was late to my bar review class because I had to drop my gf off at work)...it hits and scratches a strip of clear bra right off. Luckily it was low and the paint underneath was untouched.

2. My Morning Stupidity

I make bad judgments in the morning while I am in a rush. So I read a thread on here about how someone got bird poop on their car and it etched through the paint. I'm parking this morning at the hotel where bar review is and I decide I want to remove the bird poop quickly. Instead of using something soft, I decided I could get it off with a receipt I had in my pocket (I didn't want to touch it with my hands)...anyways, I scratch the paint...note to self: figure out how to buff scratches out...

3. My Clear Bra Installer

I will post some pictures later, but I am not entirely happy with my "extremely reputable" installer. I went in last weekend because I saw some debris under the bra. It was white and made the bra protrude. they looked at it and said it may or may not be debris (it could be primer because its the same color), but the burden was on me to find out. Meaning they could take it off, but if it was a rock chip, then I'd have to deal with the stretch marks or pay for a new bra. Otherwise they would replace it. So i'm like WTf, i'm not going to take that chance, guess it sucks for me.

Then later I noticed that there were other imperfections in the install. On the mirror wher eit is rounded, there is a fold that juts out (like a crinkle) and the fender part is partially not on the car like it was not positioned correctly so it looks like it is peeling, but acutally isn't. i was really pissed, but I am so busy (like studying 13-14 hours a day) that I can't deal with this ****. I am just pissy in general too.

4. **** on my windshield.

So after I noticed all that crap...(sorry my complaints are not in chronological order) I noticed some drops on my windshield, but that they've been thre for a few days. When I parked the car and took a closer look and feel I thought they were craters because they didn't budge and they felt indented. so i'm pretty much going berserk at this point. The next day I took another look and they smudged. I think whatever it was (probably some sap) got softened when I tried to wash it off with the windshield stuff.

Anyways, those are my complaints so far. Other than that I love the car. Gotta find some time and get it washed though...

Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck passing the bar!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Buffing the scratches out shouldn't be too hard. See here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy/105461-detailing-caring-your-ride.html

Second post. Keep a microfiber and quick detailer in your car for future bird craps.

On the windshield, use a little clay; it'll come right off whether it's sap or a water spot.

On the clear bra, I hate to say it but a couple imperfections isn't abnormal. I don't like it either, just being realistic.

Cheers.