G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Aftermarket Wood Kit & Chrome Pillars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Waxer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
The dash kit in Kenny's pics looks the same as the one below. Very expensive. $$$

http://www.yocar.com/2007-Infiniti-G...-P425C117.aspx
How can this same place get $995 for OEM "style" spoiler?????

http://www.yocar.com/2007-Infiniti-G...-P426C117.aspx

An OEM is $600 and from DAWN only $238?

Old 01-18-2007, 07:35 PM
At least we have some semblance of an answer. Now if you could only either asnwer the other questions or state that you are a dick and refuse to asnwer questions about the kit that would be nice. One of the two please.

I dont live near you. Can I buy the kit from you and have it shipped. Is it real wood for the love of god is it real. Is it stick on. What is it. Can I get my dealer locally to install.

Originally Posted by da mayor
well here at the dealership we install it and it is fully warrantied as well. i've had plenty of people scratch, break, you name -- it happened to their wood kits.

$895 on a full wood kit which is around 26 pieces i believe i have to find out.

Last edited by kre62; 01-18-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:38 PM
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...at=5483&page=1

If you go here and scroll down to the Genuine finishes, I think the Dark Burl looks closer to Kennys kit then your link. Its 300 for the real wood kit. THis is probably the kit hes selling for 895 installed. I guess he thinks hell lose business if he tells us? Cause you know i had a road trip lined up to get him to personally install this wood.....

The dash kit in Kenny's pics looks the same as the one below. Very expensive. $$$

http://www.yocar.com/2007-Infiniti-G...-P425C117.aspx

Old 01-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kre62
At least we have some semblance of an answer. Now if you could only either asnwer the other questions or state that you are a dick and refuse to asnwer questions about the kit that would be nice. One of the two please.
With a tone like that, why would he answer any of your questions? Kenny adds alot to this forum, but since you are new here you wouldn't know that. Cut the guy some slack and lighten up a little.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedanman07
How can this same place get $995 for OEM "style" spoiler?????

http://www.yocar.com/2007-Infiniti-G...-P426C117.aspx

An OEM is $600 and from DAWN only $238?
I noticed that as well, their prices are crazy expensive!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
wood kit looks nice
i just dont like all that chrome

Old 01-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
With a tone like that, why would he answer any of your questions? Kenny adds alot to this forum, but since you are new here you wouldn't know that. Cut the guy some slack and lighten up a little.
Agreed!

Not only that, Kenny's super busy, if you ever try calling him, he's always with customers, which probably only gives him a few mins to drop by while at work. I wouldn't answer any of your questions if you were talking to me like that either. I'm in sales myself (co-own a store and a construction co) and I HATE when customers talk to me with a rude tone... those are the customers I almost never call back. I'd rather not have their business then have to deal with attitude all day long

Last edited by CrazyRuskie; 01-18-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Agreed!

Not only that, Kenny's super busy, if you ever try calling him, he's always with customers, which probably only gives him a few mins to drop by while at work. I wouldn't answer any of your questions if you were talking to me like that either. I'm in sales myself (co-own a store and a construction co) and I HATE when customers talk to me with a rude tone... those are the customers I almost never call back. I'd rather not have their business then have to deal with attitude all day long
thanks especially from the farthest customer but a great one and garnet canuck.....

and ask vstrizheus i am very busy but make the time for important people. i'm at the dealership 72 hours a week doing a million things and dealing with customers with the attitude you have. my feedback as you can see if appreciated by many and it's to really help people be more comfortable and get some useful info.

my dealership usually comes out with a lot of aftermarket earlier than other dealerships so you might be able to get it from your local dealer. if you wanted to order one i'd be more than to do business without that type of attitude.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Well heres where your glad handing and back patting and theories start to break down. When myself and others have asked politely several times with no response. What excuse do you have for that? I only got attitude when it became obvious that you would not answer reasonable questions and seemed to be purposely dodging even acknowledging the questions whatsoever. That sounds, like someone else in the thread pointed out, like a shady bastard I wouldnt want to deal with anyway. May not be true, but thats how you came across. So fix your attitude and Ill fix mine chief, youre the cause AND the solution!

thanks especially from the farthest customer but a great one and garnet canuck.....

and ask vstrizheus i am very busy but make the time for important people. i'm at the dealership 72 hours a week doing a million things and dealing with customers with the attitude you have. my feedback as you can see if appreciated by many and it's to really help people be more comfortable and get some useful info.

my dealership usually comes out with a lot of aftermarket earlier than other dealerships so you might be able to get it from your local dealer. if you wanted to order one i'd be more than to do business without that type of attitude.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:10 PM
here's the best way to go:

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/coating.asp

it doesn't look like a stick-on kit because it's not a stick-on kit

Old 01-18-2007, 11:10 PM

Tis true... I too am new to this forum. So, if you are a tried-and-true member here, I apologize. However, may I point out, for the time it took you to type out your post I quote above, you could have just as easily answered our outstanding questions - stick on? real wood? aftermarket manufacturer?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:21 PM
H2S
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not bad looking, however, you will find that the plastic or plastic coated wood will scratch and look bad over time. My SUV has the imitation stuff and when you look at it and especially when you touch it if just seems cheap.

The factory wood from Infiniti has a texture that allows no questions whether it is real wood. It feels luxurious. Like it should be on an $80k 7 Series. I have it on order with the graphite interior.

I'm glad to see more and more aftermarket items. I'm not sure what I will do other than maybe a higer flow air filter, tint and new wheels and tires.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
I posted it as a pic because a lot of people were inquiring about aftermarket stick on wood and chrome pillars as popular options. yes you're new to the forums and its a nice source for questions and feedback from other G drivers but don't come on here bashing about me sitting online all day waiting for someone to post a reply. I'm sure people would search on ebay or online for this kit already. for a stick on wood kit its a nice fit and finish...

Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me or does kre62 remind anyone else of RLampke. New to the community and already flaming and instigating fights.

kre62 yo really seem to be a stir in the pot, it's already been said but YOU need to check your attitude. This kind of behavior has no place here. The man has a job to do. He can not be expected to spend every waking moment contributing to this community, but from what I've seen so far he does his best. Oh, you are not polite you are pushy and unreasonable.

RamshakleZ, give the guy a break he is busy and when he does make a moment to come on line and post the first thing that comes to his attention is judgement. Trust me if you were spoken to in this manner (the way kre62 politely asked his questions), you would react defensively too. The questions were not unreasonable, but if you want a respectful answer there are better ways to ask the question.

kre62 I recommend you visit your local library and read this book:

How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
: "This grandfather of all people-skills books was first published in 1937. It was an overnight hit, eventually selling 15 million copies. How to Win Friends and Influence People is just as useful today as it was when it was first published, because Dale Carnegie had an understanding of human nature that will never be outdated"

Kenny, Shane, vstrizheus and everyone else here I hope I am not out of line with these comments, but I can not stand this type of behavior. This is the same kind of behavior that got RLampke banned.

Christian

Old 01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
A question to anyone in this thread who might know...

da mayor said it was a "stick on" wood kit. Does that mean it glues on over the existing trim? Or does it replace the existing trim?

Also, looking at the web sites some people linked with wood kits, they all seem to have the console pieces for the automatic. Isn't the 6-speed center console different? Would the same kit work for both?

I'd really like the kind of wood trim that my previous BMWs had. The kit pictured looks very similar. I'd be very interested in having something professionally installed that doesn't look paste-on and doesn't create and rattles or buzzes. I'd rather pay $800 for a high-quality installed solution, versus $300 to mail-order something unknown and risk screwing it up myself.

/2007 G35 6MT Sedan with Premium, Nav, Active Steering

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wood Kit & Chrome Pillars