G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti Ruined My Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kraqcommando
Well they told me that I should have pointed it out before I left the dealership, after a lot of talking, I got the oil change for free and I told them not to wash my car next time or ever again, tomorrow if it doesn’t snow I’m going to was and wax and see how it looks.
I just hope that if any good can come out of this its that it will remind everyone: don’t trust the stealership….
So all you got out of it was a free oil change? I wouldn't be satisfied with that whatsoever.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Neither would I. Don't let them get away with something like that.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I honestly think I would lose my mind. Really.

Like the others have said - NO ONE touches the G. Period. I didn't even let the dealer do the delivery cleaning. I wouldn't even let them pull the sticker off the window.

It sounds like you're going to wash and wax and then go from there. Did the dealer offer to take care of things if the home wash and wax didn't work out?

If you can't fix it yourself, I'd take it to the best detailing shop I could find and have them do the work and then take the bill to Infiniti.

I hate to hear about stuff like this. A beautiful new car damaged by some car dealer wash boy.

Say it with me - NEVER AGAIN.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It don't take much. If they wash the car and wipe it hard with a dirty rag, a polyester rag, etc it will swirl the hell out the paint. When I got my tint done they wiped down the top of the rear passenger door with a rag and that left marks that I had to buff out.

On a good note, it probably looks worse than it is and will probably buff out but the dealer has caused you at least fulls days work buffing and rewaxing)

Also, those rough *** canvas work clothes the mechanics wear (probably covered in oil and grit) will also do a number on your paint if they even let their sleeves brush along your paint while popping the hood.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that man. That's why I never let the dealer wash my G. No matter who the service guy is, they're not going to take the same precautions as you would.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Waxer
Well they told me that I should have pointed it out before I left the dealership, after a lot of talking, I got the oil change for free and I told them not to wash my car next time or ever again, tomorrow if it doesn’t snow I’m going to was and wax and see how it looks.
I just hope that if any good can come out of this its that it will remind everyone: don’t trust the stealership….
Wash and a wax may not do it. Wax may make it look better but only by hiding the scratches. If they truly put some scratches/swirl marks in the paint then it will take an orbitial buffer to remove them. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Sedanman07
Wash and a wax may not do it. Wax may make it look better but only by hiding the scratches. If they truly put some scratches/swirl marks in the paint then it will take an orbitial buffer to remove them. Good luck.
Exactly! If they truly are swirl marks, a Porter Cable and an abbrasive polish will be required.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Jim Coleman blows. I bought my car there but have had nothing but a miserable experience since. The only good thing I can say is that they had the loaded X I wanted which no one in the area had. But they dragged their feet for three weeks getting my credit union the payoff for my Z, still havent gotten me the new registration for my car, guys NEVER return phone calls etc.

FWIW, whenever I brought my Z in, and I will do the same with this car, I always write in big letters on the service form DO NOT WASH. If I'm not dropping it off and someone is there, I make them write it and circle it so its not missed.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:44 PM
washing and waxing made it look better but not fixed. I have a friend who works at an autobody shop im going to take it to him on thursday when he is working to see if he can do somthing about it. If it is not fixed by then or cost an arm and a leg I will be heading back to infiniti.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Traveling Administrator
washing and waxing made it look better but not fixed. I have a friend who works at an autobody shop im going to take it to him on thursday when he is working to see if he can do somthing about it. If it is not fixed by then or cost an arm and a leg I will be heading back to infiniti.
In all honesty, I would take it back to the dealership no matter what. They are getting let off the hook for what they did.........only to do it to some other poor guy with a nice new G. IMO, you are being too nice about it.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Im in the midst of planning a picket line

Old 01-30-2007, 09:05 PM
It all depends on the dealership and how they do it. I can honestly say I'm impressed with Infiniti of Nashua's handling of their washes - I haven't seen a single swirl after service appointments, and I had kept my eye out.

My Miami MB dealer on the other hand...there was a completely different swirl pattern every time we took it in, whether we asked them not to wash or not!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So they screwed it up, and the resolution is to let the same guys that screwed it up fix it? Well, all I can say is in my experience that is usually not the best idea.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. My dealer uses their own 'touchless' carwash. I think it's cool and so far so good. They should all invest in this.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
yikes
this is my second car from them and never had a problem with service but after your experience won't let them wash it again

could be a single careless worker, but they sure should make it right no matter what