G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire pressure monitor

what kind does the 07 g35 have? is it the type with pressure sensor in each wheel transmitting a radio signal to the cabin? or is it just a wheel speed device that notices slightly different diameters of the tires?

thanks!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Waxer
It's the kind that turns on a little yellow light in the dash when one of your tires is low, that's it.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:51 PM
If I were to get snow tires, what would I need to do/add so that the TPM still works with the snow tires?

Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by oneformula
what kind does the 07 g35 have? is it the type with pressure sensor in each wheel transmitting a radio signal to the cabin? or is it just a wheel speed device that notices slightly different diameters of the tires?

thanks!
Good question.. Looking at the wheels and the valve, I would say the transmitting type in each wheel.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by randman
If I were to get snow tires, what would I need to do/add so that the TPM still works with the snow tires?
You could go without as I am doing in my summer wheels or you could purchase new sensors so you have them in both sets, which is costly, since the sensors are not cheap and you must get your cars system recalibrated at the dealers each time you change your wheels with different sensors in them.
I have also heard that there are aftermarket sensors available which are cheaper. But you would want to confirm that they are compatible with our car.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
Good question.. Looking at the wheels and the valve, I would say the transmitting type in each wheel.
If its like the past sensors in our wheels, they should look like this in each wheel.

Attached Thumbnails tire pressure monitor-tps-sensor.jpg  
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
If its like the past sensors in our wheels, they should look like this in each wheel.
Yep.. thats the one. Same system as used in the Corvettes.
The ECM needs to be trained when a new sensor is added. You do this using a magnet and some ECM programming.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe those sensors are capable of transmitting the actual PSI, it's only the way the G35 is configured to read the sensor, i.e. below 25psi it turns the light on. while on other vehicles it's capable of showing the actual tire PSI... I hear the M shows the PSI on the Nav screen. not sure why they configured it differently on the G35.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 AM
You could go without as I am doing in my summer wheels or you could purchase new sensors so you have them in both sets, which is costly, since the sensors are not cheap and you must get your cars system recalibrated at the dealers each time you change your wheels with different sensors in them.
I have also heard that there are aftermarket sensors available which are cheaper. But you would want to confirm that they are compatible with our car.

If you go without in summer tires etc, does the light stay on at all times? Or does it just not function at all? I dont know about in this one, but when it came on in my 05 coupe it was very annoying. I hope it just doesnt work if the sensors arent in my new wheels....

Old 02-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
If you go without in summer tires etc, does the light stay on at all times? Or does it just not function at all? I dont know about in this one, but when it came on in my 05 coupe it was very annoying. I hope it just doesnt work if the sensors arent in my new wheels....
Well I think it's the same as before, which never bothered me at all.
On my 05 sedan, without sensors after driving about 20 miles at highway speeds the dash LP sensor light would sometimes come on, and that's it. After I restarted the car it resets itself and the light would be off, and I might not see the light again for weeks.
If it is like that with the 07, then it's no problem for me.

Perhaps someone with the 07 that has aftermarket wheels already on their car without sensors can comment on this.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info. My Infiniti dealer can put on or remove winter tires, and they also offer to store the unused tires (nice, because I have very little extra room in my garage).

Does anyone know approximately how much each sensor is? Another thing that would be nice is if the spare tire had a sensor... when I check my tire's pressure, I oftentimes don't check the spare tire when I'm in a hurry (it's also harder to check since it's buried under the trunk). However, not sure if a sensor could be made to work with the spare, given that it's PSI requirement is so different than the other tires (and does the Infiniti even have any logic to check for a 5th tire)?

Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I thought the G35 tire pressure was speed base. When a tire spins slower then the computer thinks you have a flat. I wonder why G35 doesn't have a tire reset button. Useful when you install a new tire.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 AM
the salesmna told me that it doesnt specifiy each tire pressure. the light will come on if one of the 4 tires is low on pressure. yuo would have to check them one by one to see which one it is. as to which type it is, i think each tire has a sensor on it.

oh yea, welcome to g35driver. not the same as awot but ill get use to it!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
acidrade!

ha! we can transform this!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by oneformula
ha! we can transform this!
haha, let the transformation begin! wheres mb the body?? he should be in here too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tire pressure monitor