G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New Member!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007 | 06:52 PM
|
New Member!

Hey guys I've been lurking around here for quite awhile and thought that I should finally join! I'm 16 and currently looking forward to buy a G35x with all the goodies. I was wondering if you guys can help me out on a couple of things:

1) How will 18"/19" max rims affect the ride of the car? I know there will be loss of acceleration, but how but the overall quality of the ride? I'm thinking of buying either 18/19's for the summer and then change them to the 17's for the winter. Also, what will the general price range for this mod be (incld. tires)?

2) Does anyone know the legal limit to tint all the windows in Ontario, Canada? I'm not thinking of extreme tinting, maybe just 50% all around (excld. windshield). Where to go for tinting and is it a film or will the whole glass be replaced? General price range?

3) Where to get a clear bra and where to install. Price?

Thanks a bunch

Last edited by hullio; 02-12-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2007 | 06:58 PM
Must be nice to be 16 with a car like this. Too bad youre so young you want to pimp it ugly. To each their own I guess.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:12 PM
Please tell me you're not about to put 20" chrome rims on your G35. 20's in general will probably look ridiculous. You could find 19s that will be classy, cheaper in terms of tires, give you better gas mileage, and not be as bad for ride quality.

Oh and in Ontario the tint laws are as follows:
Front Windshield: 15 cm (from top)
Front Sides: (language is unclear, legislative intent is unclear, or interpretation is uncertain, any information following is subject to change or interpretation)
Rear Sides: Any
Rear Window: Any

I found that on the Llumar wbeiste and it's as current as April 28, 2003 so it may be subject to change. Seems like tint laws are pretty relaxed in Canada overall though.

Oh and clear bra, personally I'm not a fan.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:22 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by hullio
Hey guys I've been lurking around here for quite awhile and thought that I should finally join! I'm 16 and currently looking forward to buy a G35x with all the goodies. I was wondering if you guys can help me out on a couple of things:

1) How will 20" rims affect the ride of the car? I know there will be loss of acceleration, but how but the overall quality of the ride? I'm thinking of buying 20's for the summer and then change them to the 17's for the winter. Also, what will the general price range for this mod be (incld. tires)?

2) Does anyone know the legal limit to tint all the windows in Ontario, Canada? I'm not thinking of extreme tinting, maybe just 50% all around (excld. windshield). Where to go for tinting and is it a film or will the whole glass be replaced? General price range?

3) Where to get a clear bra and where to install. Price?

Thanks a bunch
There are many members on the forum that have 20s on their G. Given the right setup, they can look extremely good. Use the search function and you'll find numerous threads regarding 20s that will help answer your question.

See below for tint laws in Ontario.
http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Consumer_In...vincelaws.html

As for clear bra installations in your area, you may want to post something in the Canadian section as there are many members from Ontario.
https://g35driver.com/forums/canada-36/

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:28 PM
|
Oops guys didn't mean 20", I was thinking about our SUV while I was typing about rims. I'm a practical guy, so with the G I was thinking some nice 18's or 19's max. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:34 PM
Why do people give young members a hard time? As soon as the 16 yr old talked about 20" wheels, people talk about pimping it ugly and make a comment about not getting chrome. I think we should give young members a chance too and not make assumptions. just my .02 cents

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:35 PM
Oops guys didn't mean 20", I was thinking about our SUV while I was typing about rims. I'm a practical guy, so with the G I was thinking some nice 18's or 19's max. Sorry for the confusion.
That's more like it

Originally Posted by batmobl
Why do people give young members a hard time? As soon as the 16 yr old talked about 20" wheels, people talk about pimping it ugly and make a comment about not getting chrome. I think we should give young members a chance too and not make assumptions. just my .02 cents
I remember when I got my Audi A4 at 17. The abuse I took on those forums was insane. Now I have more posts then anyone else

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:37 PM
Doesn't HikoS have 20's??

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:44 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by MB The Body
That's more like it
Why is that more like it?? 20s on the G can look super hot! And the OP never mentioned anything about chrome either.

If you think Hikos' 20s look ridiculous you're crazy!

Attached Thumbnails New Member!-dscf0015.jpg   New Member!-dscf0022.jpg  
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:50 PM
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:55 PM

Tint is film added to the inside of the windows. Cost is dependant on where you live and the quality of the shop and the type of tint.

Mine cost $165 for the four door windows and rear. It's a good shop with a good rep. This is my fourth car I've had done there and never had a problem with them. So I'd recommend asking around for references in your area.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Why is that more like it?? 20s on the G can look super hot! And the OP never mentioned anything about chrome either.

If you think Hikos' 20s look ridiculous you're crazy!
It's really hard to tell from those pics. I suppose the G is big enough to handle 20s without looking ridiculous, so if they're in good taste then I guess 20s would look awesome.

Of course for a "sports" car putting 20s all around just seems wrong.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:57 PM
WOW - razo168!

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:13 PM
|
Originally Posted by razo168

Wow amazing! How's the ride with those?

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:17 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by MB The Body
It's really hard to tell from those pics. I suppose the G is big enough to handle 20s without looking ridiculous, so if they're in good taste then I guess 20s would look awesome.

Of course for a "sports" car putting 20s all around just seems wrong.
Check out page 4 of the thread below, as it has some more pics of his G. His setup is extremely clean.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=134220&page=4

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member!