G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Valets and the key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valets and the key

Now I try to avoid valets whenever possible, but sometimes in LA, you don't have a choice. It's recommended you turn off the trunk switch in the glove box, lock the glove box, and then hold on to the physical key and give the valet the "keyless" part.

However, when you do this, there is no place on the actual key for the valet to place the other end of your ticket so they can find your keys and where they parked the car. You've taken the other portion which has the keyring.

I recently encountered this when having my car tinted. They needed to take the keys and when I removed the physical key, there was no where to attach the ticket that had my name on it to the key.

So how useful is the valet key feature then?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I will never be valet parking my car, but I am going to have to get my windows tinted soon.

I can't see them losing my keys though since I'll probably sit there and wait

Old 02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dude_abides
Now I try to avoid valets whenever possible, but sometimes in LA, you don't have a choice. It's recommended you turn off the trunk switch in the glove box, lock the glove box, and then hold on to the physical key and give the valet the "keyless" part.

However, when you do this, there is no place on the actual key for the valet to place the other end of your ticket so they can find your keys and where they parked the car. You've taken the other portion which has the keyring.

I recently encountered this when having my car tinted. They needed to take the keys and when I removed the physical key, there was no where to attach the ticket that had my name on it to the key.

The one valet to whom I've given my car seemed to figure it out...?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Same here - I think they popped it into a small envelope...

Old 02-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for a key envelope

Old 02-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I've been so used to the intelligent key, when I did valet last week I left the car running, just got out of the car, and forgot to give him my key. He was still able to park it. LOL.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chillstatus
I've been so used to the intelligent key, when I did valet last week I left the car running, just got out of the car, and forgot to give him my key. He was still able to park it. LOL.
Ha! I did that too, the valet came running in - "Sir? Sir? Can you give us your key?"

Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by dude_abides

I've had the exact same question in my mind. I don't usually have anything in the glove compartment or truck, but they really should have left a ring on the intell. key for valets.

So, for those that left just the intell. key and took the glovebox key, I guess the valets just figure something out....

Old 02-12-2007, 09:40 PM
let the valet figure it out

Old 02-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Bad Toro
I'd rather take the bus then valet my car.