G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Adaptive Headlights turning question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randman
The backup camera has lines superimposed on the video which give you an idea of how far away the rear of the car is from objects behind you. I got the tech package for the intelligent cruise control, and I didn't think I'd care much for the camera. However, I've gotten spoiled by the backup camera and I find it very useful. It has a very wide angle lens. I find it useful when backing out of a parking space and there are big SUVs to my left and right, since I can see more out back than what the rear view window shows. I also find it useful when backing into a parking space, and there are no cars to my left and right, since I can see the lines in the parking space while backing up.
I've gotten completely spoiled by it as well and am starting to feel lost in my other car when backing up. Sure I may be losing valuable driving skills, but I love the gadgets!

Just read that infiniti is testing a system with four cameras to create an overhead view of the car showing what's on all sides:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/29/i...r-is-watching/

there's a video simulation on the link

Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM
The adaptive headlights are pretty cool. I noticed the left didn't move right away, figured it was due to oncoming traffic while sitting at a light turning left. The backup camera I thought would be a neat gadget to show people. In reality it is one of the best features on the car. Just the other night I was picking up my daughter and went to leave, put it in reverse looked over my shoulders and nothing there. Then I looked on the camera and there was a little girl just hangin out behind my car. Wouldn't have seen her otherwise. Clarity and depth perception are awesome. I have a programmer on my truck that adds 120hp, has gps , and a backup camera option. Didn't get the camera when I bought it cause I didn't figure I needed it. Since using it in the G, I have now ordered the camera for the truck. I think they should become standard equipment. They would really help the seniors around here that never look over there shoulder, they just put it in reverse pause 5 seconds and start comin slowly.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
I LOVE the camera and the ICC! The adaptive headlights don't do much for me personally.