G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Likes/ Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride
I hate the way the washer and wipers work.

You pull on the stalk to get the washer fluid on windsheild, the wipers don't come on automatically... Which is very odd to me.

The two "three port" nozzles don't effectively cover the entire window with washerfluid so I always end up with a "shark fin" shaped triangle in the bottom middle of the window that just-doesn't-get-clean no matter what I do.
i love the wipers- VERY efficient at cleaning the windscreen in the salty winter here. also, the wipers DO wipe if you hold the stalk for more than a quick tap. this is designed in case it is bumped

Old 03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride
I hate the way the washer and wipers work.

You pull on the stalk to get the washer fluid on windsheild, the wipers don't come on automatically... Which is very odd to me.

The two "three port" nozzles don't effectively cover the entire window with washerfluid so I always end up with a "shark fin" shaped triangle in the bottom middle of the window that just-doesn't-get-clean no matter what I do.
Mine comes on automatically, when I pull the stalk there is about a 2 second delay, which is a good thing, you want the fluid to coat the window before turning on the wiper blades otherwise your scratching the window and damaging the wiper blade edge when you run it on dried up dirt.

I also haven't noticed a coverage issue? Typically when your wanting to wash the windows when it's dry out, you need to put about 5-10 seconds of fluid on the windshield, and maybe even do it a second time. Are you putting that much on and still having a coverage issue? Reason I bring this up is that I have two friends that are amazingly cheap with their washer fluid and literally give it a 1/2 second squirt and expect a crystal clear squeegeed windshield, I notice quite a few people tend to do not use enough fluid.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 AM
i like the washers as well. They work alot better than the '05 loaner i had with the washer nozzles on the wipers themselves.

The delay coming on is in practically every car i've ever owned/driven except for the '05 loaner which makes sense since the nozzles for the '05 are on the wiper themselves you can't wash without the wiper's moving.

the shark fin one thing is just a fault in the basic design of wiper blades. circular motion wiper blades cannot possibly cover the whole windshield without overlapping to open air or sheet metal. Only way to eliminate that would pretty much be side to side wipers

Old 03-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well by golly that's it. I must be "amazingly cheap" it *does* come on after about a second...

Ehehehehehe-eeehhhh

Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Railgunner
Dislikes about '07 Sedan (coming from an '03 Sedan)

1. Cheap carpet and floormats in '07 compared to '03-'06.
2. Front grill pits super easily. Will need to be replaced many times over life of car.
3. Very litle interior storage space.
4. Bad design on rubber molding on sunroof. Only TSB fix to date has been
to put tape on it. Molding loosens up and rattles.
5. Seat heaters don't work. Hope they fix this.
6. Some interior rattles/buzzes (ex. rear deck speaker grill)

Overall, I like the '07, especially the body style, engine power, DS mode
in AT, etc. In otherwords, there's more to like than dislike. The most significant issue right now is the front grill. In 15K everyones is going to look like a pitted mess. This has the potential to make everyones car look like crap. This needs to be a recall issue.
You want Infiniti to order a recall because of a subpar grill? Wow...some of you just love to nitpick. It's ridiculous.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:41 PM
i like everything about the car, except for the hvac system controls (the output of the system and quality are fine).

Old 03-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Seems like alot of complaints for a car that is barely out for 4 months. I would love to see what the complaint list looks like after the 1st year!

Old 03-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Trance_G35
i like everything about the car, except for the hvac system controls (the output of the system and quality are fine).
i gotta say, i love the HVAC controls (although i wish the recirc mode was automatic).

Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by bocatrip
Seems like alot of complaints for a car that is barely out for 4 months. I would love to see what the complaint list looks like after the 1st year!
This is just my but IMO, the majority of these are mere nitpicks and nothing more. You can do this with ANY vehicle if you want to look hard enough.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
There isn't anything the car has that I actively dislike. It's a great car

There is a wishlist of features I wish it had though:
1) auto door locking when the key is out of range
2) cooled seats
3) pop up trunk. on my old Lexus IS300, when I release the trunk the springs automatically pop the trunk up to full open without me doing anything. Great for cases when I have an armful of crap.
4) auto dimming side rear view mirrors.
5) auto down passenger side mirror in reverse for parallel parking

Old 03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I had a loaner for about a week and felt the car was a very nice upgrade, but did have a ticking noise near the sunroof. I just wish Infiniti could execute all the little details on the car so it sounds rock solid. Overall the interior is a big improvement, but I find the numbers on the gauges a bit cartoonish because they are so large. I'd like to see the 05 numbers (smaller/thinner) with the white/blue lighting. I'd still buy one if I was in the market for a new car.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
There isn't anything the car has that I actively dislike. It's a great car

There is a wishlist of features I wish it had though:
1) auto door locking when the key is out of range
2) cooled seats
3) pop up trunk. on my old Lexus IS300, when I release the trunk the springs automatically pop the trunk up to full open without me doing anything. Great for cases when I have an armful of crap.
4) auto dimming side rear view mirrors.
5) auto down passenger side mirror in reverse for parallel parking
number 1 would be AWESOME.

number 4... don't they dim? i thought they did. at least i haven't noticed any glare at night in them

Old 03-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
This is just my but IMO, the majority of these are mere nitpicks and nothing more. You can do this with ANY vehicle if you want to look hard enough.
Indeed. The way I see, if it's not a problem serious to warrant time in the shop or garage, it ain't a major issue.
NO VEHICLE-repeat-NO VEHICLE is totally flawless.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
Indeed. The way I see, if it's not a problem serious to warrant time in the shop or garage, it ain't a major issue.
NO VEHICLE-repeat-NO VEHICLE is totally flawless.
I completely agree. To be honest, I am quite sick and tired of all the bitching and complaining about how the new G doesn't have this and it doesn't have that, blah blah blah blah. Some of you guys are nitpicking this car to death!!

Btw, I have had a sh!tty night so don't mind my bluntness.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I think we're expecting alot from a entry level luxury car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Likes/ Dislikes?