G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Likes/ Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Absolutely!

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I completely agree. To be honest, I am quite sick and tired of all the bitching and complaining about how the new G doesn't have this and it doesn't have that, blah blah blah blah. Some of you guys are nitpicking this car to death!!

Btw, I have had a sh!tty night so don't mind my bluntness.
The bluntness is fine! (BTW, congrats on the birth of your child...the first few months are very trying...then it gets worse when they knowingly push your buttons!).

The 2007 G35 sedan is a spectacular vehicle...especially once you consider its price relative to the competition. I for one, would have chosen it over the MB C320, 3-series, IS, etc. without even looking at price. I have genuinely enjoyed every second of ownership thus far.

The little things do seem to build up in people's minds precisely because there are no serious issues. Until recently, I'd lurk on various other car forums, including those related to BMWs, Audis, and the 300C. The 'issues' identified here are complete minutae compared with some of the real problems people are having with other vehicles, which often cost far more than the G. For the record, I had previously ordered a 300C about a year before taking delivery of my G. There were so many people experiencing transmission issues, stalling, gross fit-n-finish issues, alignment issues, etc. that it scared me off and I cancelled my order...even though I loved the design of that car, particular compared with the 1st gen G35.

In my experience, Nissans are absolutely bulletproof...and I'll gladly deal with thin floor mats, some audio-related peculiarities, and the like for such a wonderful blend of visual appeal, sporty driving, luxury interior, and the expected stellar reliability of a Nissan.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I'd take this car in a heartbeat. This coming from an '04 FX owner. Yes, as with any car, there are small things that can be nitpicked and analyzed to death. I'm extremely impressed with the new exterior design and interior materials. I looked at the Liquid plat. X loaner in my driveway thinking, "damn, that is a fine car". If only I could have taken the G's interior and pasted it in my FX, that would make me very happy. I was almost disappointed when I went from the loaner to the FX. Of course that disappointment ended quickly. I was also impressed with the pickup that the X, in particular, had. I was expecting it to be a bit sluggish being 3,700 pounds. It felt much lighter than it actually is. I left a CTS in the dust the other day and I think he's still wondering what car I was driving. The G has that effect.

The only issue, in my opinion, is the touchy throttle. With my FX, I can slowly ease on the pedal and I will get a slow, smooth takeoff. With the new G35x, I felt that when I slowly eased on the pedal nothing happened. So naturally I stepped on the G a little harder and it took off! The throttle seems to be an on-off switch. I think it is something you just have to get used to.

Last edited by N50; 03-10-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dopey
There isn't anything the car has that I actively dislike. It's a great car

There is a wishlist of features I wish it had though:
1) auto door locking when the key is out of range
2) cooled seats
3) pop up trunk. on my old Lexus IS300, when I release the trunk the springs automatically pop the trunk up to full open without me doing anything. Great for cases when I have an armful of crap.
4) auto dimming side rear view mirrors.
5) auto down passenger side mirror in reverse for parallel parking
yep i agree #1 would be awesome, maybe Hd radio option also

Old 03-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by asuh
You want Infiniti to order a recall because of a subpar grill? Wow...some of you just love to nitpick. It's ridiculous.
If someone keyed your car would that bother you? Why? Because it would make it look bad, that's why.

Appearance matters to some of us. If your grill looks like crap in 6 months it's going to make your car look like crap just the same as if someone had keyed the paint.

It is a big deal because it seems to be an inherent problem that is going to cost thousands of G owners who care about their cars appearance to spend millions of dollars getting their grills replaced every 10-15K miles.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by N50
Hey, I'd take this car in a heartbeat. This coming from an '04 FX owner.
The only issue, in my opinion, is the touchy throttle. With my FX, I can slowly ease on the pedal and I will get a slow, smooth takeoff.
I came out of an FX45 - and am loving every second!
I had one of the very first deliveries of the FX and it seemed a bit 'raw' at times. It had amazing handling and was extremely torquey, but on uneven freeway seemed a little wild.
The G is much more refined IMO. Haven't driven the latest iteration of the FX, so I think they have worked on the ride a bit.
The FX still holds a fond memory for me... but the G is a big leap forward for Infiniti.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:42 AM
N50
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I came out of an FX45 - and am loving every second!
I had one of the very first deliveries of the FX and it seemed a bit 'raw' at times. It had amazing handling and was extremely torquey, but on uneven freeway seemed a little wild.
The G is much more refined IMO. Haven't driven the latest iteration of the FX, so I think they have worked on the ride a bit.
The FX still holds a fond memory for me... but the G is a big leap forward for Infiniti.
Yup, you're definitely right, G-Whizzer. The FX does jump around on the freeway a bit. On this terrible Michigan roads, it can be an adventure sometimes. The G is absolutely more refined. The steering is tighter and more sporty. Of course the weight between the G and FX is significantly different but I just felt more connected to the road with the G. I think since my FX is my first and hopefully not last Infiniti, it has a special place in my heart. I'm very interested in the new coupe and crossover that will show up in less than a month!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by asuh
You want Infiniti to order a recall because of a subpar grill? Wow...some of you just love to nitpick. It's ridiculous.
I have zero issues with anything else on this car. I love it. Everything works properly and I don't wish it had this or that. This is a perfect car. Because I love it and care about my stuff, I want it to look nice always. If you think I'm nitpicking because my 2 month old grill looks like it does in the pic below, ......well, I guess your entitled to your opinion but if it was your car I think you be a nitpicker too!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Bang for the Buck
Engine & driveline performance (7600 rpm's... nuff said)
Great brakes
Great looking car!
comfort/convenience
seats

Dislikes:

Heavy steering feel
weight - lacks being nimble (price to pay for all the comfort and convenience)
tight/rigid chassis that lacks one piece solid feel
cheap-azz front grill
climate control lacks common sense

Summary:
Great looking practical ride with good blend of comfort and performance!

Old 03-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by caveman666
I have zero issues with anything else on this car. I love it. Everything works properly and I don't wish it had this or that. This is a perfect car. Because I love it and care about my stuff, I want it to look nice always. If you think I'm nitpicking because my 2 month old grill looks like it does in the pic below, ......well, I guess your entitled to your opinion but if it was your car I think you be a nitpicker too!
Wow, your grille looks horrible. I would be majorly ticked if my grille looked like that.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:24 PM
^^ +1 - I'd get a new one immediately at dealer's expense.
AND demand some answers.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous
In this case we may just have to be patient while Infiniti engineers a replacement version that can stand up to the elements. I know this does not help those with the pitted grilles right now but my gut tells me Infiniti is going to address this.
Yeah, I agree. It may take some time, but I can't imagine Infiniti not addressing this.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Yeah, I agree. It may take some time, but I can't imagine Infiniti not addressing this.
As long as everyone goes and makes the complaint. And not just to your dealer, make sure he goes to the next level with it. Don't accept "we haven't heard anyone else complain."

Old 03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Trance_G35
yep i agree #1 would be awesome, maybe Hd radio option also
Is HD Radio an option in many new vehicles? How clear is it? I don't see why I woudl need it then I have a CD Player, CD Changer, Music Box, Compact Flash, FM, AM and XM

Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by N50
The only issue, in my opinion, is the touchy throttle. With my FX, I can slowly ease on the pedal and I will get a slow, smooth takeoff. With the new G35x, I felt that when I slowly eased on the pedal nothing happened. So naturally I stepped on the G a little harder and it took off! The throttle seems to be an on-off switch. I think it is something you just have to get used to.
When I first got my G about 3 weeks ago, I would have agreed. However, after 3 weeks of driving, it seems to have smoothed out. Either it learned that I didn't want to set reaction time records with each start, or I've learned to press even lighter, or I've gotten used to it.

The grill and windshield glass are my gripes. In the land of flying stones, I already have chips and one crack in the windshield.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
N50
Originally Posted by hothothot
Either it learned that I didn't want to set reaction time records with each start, or I've learned to press even lighter, or I've gotten used to it.

The grill and windshield glass are my gripes. In the land of flying stones, I already have chips and one crack in the windshield.

Yeah, I only drove it for a day and a half so I didn't really have time to get used to it. The odd thing is, when I test drove a sport back in November, I felt connected to it right away in every way. The G35x was a different story. I felt loved it but I think it would have taken some getting used to as I couldn't really find the optimal driving position.

You have a crack in your windshield already!!! I hate flying debris.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Likes/ Dislikes?