G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Likes/ Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Paddle Shifters: I thought it was a gimmick, but I actually use these things! The best part is being in Drive and on the freeway, and using my finger to flip the paddle shifter to down shift to fourth and stepping on it to do a lane change or pull away from a tailgater...then the car goes back to 5th when you are done with the power (this way, you dont have to move the shifter to DS then down). I learned to do this on this very forum, and it is the single biggest rush this car has provided me.
2. Seats: At first I thought the hip supporters were a little stiff, but they have broken in comfortably and hold my nicely as I drive the canyons near my house. The bottom of your leg extender is great...this is the first car I have ever seen this on, and since it is not electrical, I dont know why all cars dont do it!
3. It doesnt rattle! I know, sounds wierd, but my previous car was a 2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S which rattled like crazy. I hope my G stays rattle free even after I roll up the miles.
4. The way the car looks: Yes, even after 2,000 miles, I cant get over the fact that every morning, when I walk up to the car to go to work, that I actually own it. I am getting into a fantastic car, and I just cant believe that it is in my parking spot!

Dislikes:
1. Floormats: The mats are thin, but that does not bother me. What bothers me is that the driver side mat does not sit right on the floor, and mine is all bunched up behind the peddles. It looks bad, and since it stays that way, I think it might be that way forever. I also hate the look of the floor mat hooks, the little plastic things that stick up. I opened the door to show a friend, and just as he gets in, his first words are, "What is that thing sticking up? Can I break it?" and he flicks it with his finger. Annoying little pegs.
2. The rearview mirror: First, I dislike how big the mirror is in relationship to the size of the back window. I see way too much of the inside of the car. This was noticable only because my other cars had bigger windows and it was one of the first things I noticed when I test drove the car. Second, the rearviewer mirror always defaults to the On position for autodimming every time you start the car. I rarely use this feature, so I am constantly turning it off at night. If there is someway to have it default to off, please let me know.
3. Well, I cant think of a third, except I dislike that I cannot keep the car clean. I mean, birds must know it is knew...they see something shiny and aim their sh*ts right at it. Bugs seems to love it, up until they are killed on the front window. And just normal driving, all the dirt on the road must be thinking, "Hey, its a new car...attack!"

There are significantly more things to like about the car than there are things to dislike. And that is the bottom line...

Old 03-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
-Styling
-Size
-Power - I don't even miss my old M5 very much
-Not every other car on the road is the same (like you'd find with a Honda...). In fact I just saw my first '07 on the road besides mine today.

Dislikes:
-Instrument panel cover (clear lens) slopes the wrong way and collects dust
-Trunk doesn't pop up enough to easily lift
-Oversensitive automatic headlights - I just turn them on manually now
-Idle so high on first start you need to wait a minute before engaging reverse or drive so as to avoid a clunk from the drivetrain
-Goodyear RS-A ('nuff said)
-VDC way too aggressive (nanny mode)

Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by interalian
-Styling
-Size
-Power - I don't even miss my old M5 very much
-Not every other car on the road is the same (like you'd find with a Honda...). In fact I just saw my first '07 on the road besides mine today.

Dislikes:
-Instrument panel cover (clear lens) slopes the wrong way and collects dust
-Trunk doesn't pop up enough to easily lift
-Oversensitive automatic headlights - I just turn them on manually now
-Idle so high on first start you need to wait a minute before engaging reverse or drive so as to avoid a clunk from the drivetrain
-Goodyear RS-A ('nuff said)
-VDC way too aggressive (nanny mode)

The headlight sensitivity is adjustable.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by MoCoG
The headlight sensitivity is adjustable.
I know the sensitivity can be set, but the min or max makes very little difference (lights come on when driving into the garage during the day whether set to full - or full +). Also, it isn't clear what - or + actually means: - = less sensitive (needs to be darker before the lights come on??) or + = ??. Bah!

Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I liked the Navi that would fold away in the models leading up to the 07. I don't like who it is exposed on the dash.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:38 AM
i guess it is all preferrence. that way the nav screen on the 07 is more desirable for me. i didn't like the way the 06 screen came up and down.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=interalian](lights come on when driving into the garage during the day whether set to full - or full QUOTE]

why do you care if the lights go on in the garage?

Old 03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=oneformula]
(lights come on when driving into the garage during the day whether set to full - or full QUOTE]

why do you care if the lights go on in the garage?
HID durability suffers with frequent on/off cycles.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Dislikes:
I don't like the fact that i haven't been able to buy mine yet

William

Old 03-13-2007, 01:58 PM
I know the sensitivity can be set, but the min or max makes very little difference (lights come on when driving into the garage during the day whether set to full - or full +). Also, it isn't clear what - or + actually means: - = less sensitive (needs to be darker before the lights come on??) or + = ??. Bah!
Just use the lights manually... problem solved.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
IMHO, most of the issues here are merely individual preferences. Things that other people have had in previous cars that they would like in the '07. For example, my Envoy had the auto dimming driver side mirror. Loved that feature (but not enough to keep it over getting the G ). Two other things I would like is for the trunk to open completely when using the remote and a heated steering wheel. Again, these are just a wish list. Not a complaint.

One thing that I can complain about is that I drive a lot resting my left arm on the door and now there is a little indentation where my elbow rests (I must have a weird elbow!). Never saw anything like that in any other car I've had. Now THAT is a complaint!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=interalian]
Originally Posted by oneformula

Had the FX45 for 4 years... never needed a HID replacement.
We have some long overpasses near us and I really like the way they turn on quickly.

As for likes - here's a little one: the wipers can be at full mast while washing it!
The M wipers are tucked under the hood lip and can't be left up during cleaning.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=interalian]

this is ture.

this is also something that has diminshing returns. i'll take auto and have my lights last 3 weeks less in total life

Old 03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is also something that has diminshing returns
I really don't think you're using the term diminishing returns correctly, and you seem to be using it quite a bit.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I really don't think you're using the term diminishing returns correctly, and you seem to be using it quite a bit.
LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Likes/ Dislikes?