G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buzzing from around the instrument cluster?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buzzing from around the instrument cluster?

Is anyone getting this? It is a buzz, not a rattle, at freeway speeds when you get the right resonation going.

Sounds plastic.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I found a buzzing/vibration in the square plastic wiring tunnel above the rear-view mirror. It looks like it sits against the window at the top without any dampening material.
The noise seemed to be emanating from various places - glove box, dash, pillars, etc.
I had some rubber material - but some felt would work too.
Hope this helps.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by detracti
Is anyone getting this? It is a buzz, not a rattle, at freeway speeds when you get the right resonation going.

Sounds plastic.
My Titan had this too. I had to take the plastic pod off and put some felt along the top of the clear plastic cover for the gauges. Fixed it. You will notice on many of the TSB's for rattles and buzzing, they prescribe the application of sticky felt strips to stop the problem. I just do it myself....then I know it's done right and it's a lot less hassle.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by detracti

Sounds plastic.
Absolutely same thing here, it's comming near shifter area you can even hear that if you bang on the side of center console. Guess its time to open it up and see whats causing it to rattle. Happens only at certain speed and certain gear I think 3rd and 5th.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Are u guys saying that the new G has fit and finish issues already? There is another thread about the same topic. I was hoping their thread was an isolated issue. Oh oh........

Old 03-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by TPECT
Absolutely same thing here, it's comming near shifter area you can even hear that if you bang on the side of center console. Guess its time to open it up and see whats causing it to rattle. Happens only at certain speed and certain gear I think 3rd and 5th.
Mine sounds like its coming from directly in front of me, and it seems like it stops when I grab onto the right-hand paddle, but I can't tell yet whether it's just coincidence.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by bocatrip
Are u guys saying that the new G has fit and finish issues already? There is another thread about the same topic. I was hoping their thread was an isolated issue. Oh oh........
Glad you're so happy.

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Noticing some rattles when certain at certain bass frequencies. Also when you go over rough surfaces, you can hear the car creaking and rattling. Is any of this stuff covered under warrenty?

Old 04-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kewltea
Noticing some rattles when certain at certain bass frequencies. Also when you go over rough surfaces, you can hear the car creaking and rattling. Is any of this stuff covered under warrenty?
Looks as if the rattles and creaks are here to stay with the G35, even the new and improved 07 edition.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by bocatrip
Looks as if the rattles and creaks are here to stay with the G35, even the new and improved 07 edition.
You seem to be a bit disgruntled.... I think some positive posts would be more constructive. If you have the problem, chime in. If you don't even have the car, try to remain out of the discussion.

As for the buzz/rattle -- if you can reproduce it at a certain speed or surface, I'm positive that the Infiniti service guys will do their best to fix it.
If you find the source, please post back to help others.

Last edited by G-Whizzer; 04-03-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i get a creak or click sound when i drive the car coming from the instrument cluster console and also from the navi area. the fit and finish of the plastic is not perfect.. when i brake or turn, the click sound happens.. pretty annoying.. going to see the dealer about it

Old 07-12-2007, 01:21 AM
could be your passenger side tweater wires making that noise. if you hold the passenger door handle, it will stop it.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
i noticed the same exact thing myself except it just started happening and only seems to happen when i first start the car and pull from a dead stop. I have no idea where it was coming from though because it stops almost immediatly.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I have a buzzing sound that (to me) sounds like is coming from the steering column area, or maybe the dash pod. Only happens when going over bumpy pavement, get a buzz sounds. Very annoying, since the roads suck around the detroit area, and I hear it all the time on those roads. The problem is, I don't know If I could reproduce it around the dealership for them to investigate it. Or, maybe try the checking the plastic cover over the gauges.

I find the locating where the rattle sounds are coming from is very difficult in the car, especially if you are driving, because you can't move your head around to track it down.
Maybe I will look into the mirror thing, in case it is coming from there.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Someone posted a fix for the cover underneath the glove box
Stick your hand under there and push up on it - the sound seems to travel into the center column/dash.
Some felt seems to work (I used some rubber with sticky on the back - door weather strip).
This solved my gremlin!! And boy do I HATE and noise/rattle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buzzing from around the instrument cluster?