G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Sales Are Up!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
Infiniti of Massapequa finished 4th in the country! the new G just doesn't get enough rest.... thanks to the new members I put on the boards here

is massapequa a high volume low margin dealership?

you giving everyone $50 over invoice?

Old 05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (May 1, 2007) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported sales of 71,124 units in April, down 11.1 percent from the prior year. Nissan Division sales decreased by 14.0 percent over last year. Infiniti Division posted a sales increase of 12.0 percent versus the prior year. 

Old 05-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by link
As Kenny said, if infiniti is busting their asses about sales, then it's time to throw in some incentives this month! make it a record breaking month.

In april, lexus sold 6500 ES and 4300 IS. How is infiniti gonna catch up??

Everyone else is offering incentives, even acura.

I'm in the market for a g35. so now is the time for low apr and hidden factory-dealer incentives!! come on infiniti!!!!$#(@$I
Give us 10% off. These rebadged nissans shouldn't cost that much.
Catch up? They passed Lexus on the IS according to your numbers 4300 to 4491.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Canadian144
Seems pretty good, too bad Nissan is down. Maybe 350Z buyers are buying G's or holding out for the NISMO Z? Maybe Nissan should hurry up with the second gen Altima SE-R or coupe!

I haven't looked at the numbers but my guess is the Maxima & Pathfinder are what's been killing Nissan. The Pathfinder was an extremely popular vehicle for years and now, I havn't seen one in 2 years they are not selling at all. And the maxima was an utter failure when compared to the 2000-2003 version.

Nissan also jacked all their prices through the roof, $32K for altima, $35K for Maxima.. it's getting nutty when a toyota or honda can be had for thousands less. Maxima was bread-n-butter for manny years, that's proably the 14% right there.

And In my opinion the new nissan style has turned away more people then it's brought in. both interior and exterior are very cheap and transformer like. Murano motorcycle cluster is a joke.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
the new nissan style has turned away more people then it's brought in.
I'd have to agree with you on that one. Maximas are stupid ugly now.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
I'd have to agree with you on that one. Maximas are stupid ugly now.

the maxima is retarded now.

but i think the big reason nissans aren't selling as well as yota and honda is that america & the world love boring cars.
They'll drive a cardboard box if it has the toyota emblem on it.

Nissan's "sell by design" strategy isnt/didn't work. So now they've jacked toyota's approach, and are selling 'by mileage'. Just look at the latest nissan tv commercials about their high mileage compact cars.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Sentra and even Altima sales are below expectations. That hurts Nissan.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Not being in the Hybrid game (even though it's a joke) hurt them a little and to link's point, not pushing for good mileage alternatives was a bad idea especially over the past 2 years with the gas issues in the US. What's Nissan doing about alternate fuels? e85, fuel cell, etc... I'd be concerned about their future, toyota and honda are securing theirs with some innovate R&D.

Nissan's a quiet company... if they are doing R&D, they should be flashing it all over the place.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Nissan's biggest problem is that most of the Nissan cars are plain ugly. The biggest disappointment is the new Sentra. The old one was no beauty but it was passable. The new one looks like Renault had their hand in it. Horrible looking and overweight.

The Maxima is no better. The Altima is "ok" but seems too damn big. The quest looks absolutely dorky.

Nissan needs an overhaul. I can't believe the same company that makes the new G35 sedan could put out the new sentra.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by muscarel
Nissan's biggest problem is that most of the Nissan cars are plain ugly. The biggest disappointment is the new Sentra. The old one was no beauty but it was passable. The new one looks like Renault had their hand in it. Horrible looking and overweight.

The Maxima is no better. The Altima is "ok" but seems too damn big. The quest looks absolutely dorky.

Nissan needs an overhaul. I can't believe the same company that makes the new G35 sedan could put out the new sentra.
I think the opposite of you. I really like Nissan's lineup. I like the designs of the Maxima, Altima, Sentra, and most of all the Versa. Nissan takes more risks with their designs as opposed to Honda and Toyota that is extremely conservative. IMO, Nissan adds some refreshingly different designs amongst the Japanese automakers.

Anyways, back on topic........the G's sales numbers rock!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by link
is massapequa a high volume low margin dealership?

you giving everyone $50 over invoice?
nope...I hold the highest gross margin for over 1 and 1/2 years at my dealership. we are high volume and good gross...I haven't sold a car for sticker in months but this is the ONLY dealership the owner owns so it has to make gross to keep paying the big bills.

I work a lot different strategy from the rest of the sales personnel out there- I do home delivery, personal tech training, personally pick up clients vehicles from their home or office, and of course am out at the meets and shows.

you won't see that happen how I work often. I sell them not only the best customer service but through honesty and reliablility-which equals to a lot of referrals.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I think the opposite of you. I really like Nissan's lineup. I like the designs of the Maxima, Altima, Sentra, and most of all the Versa. Nissan takes more risks with their designs as opposed to Honda and Toyota that is extremely conservative. IMO, Nissan adds some refreshingly different designs amongst the Japanese automakers.

Anyways, back on topic........the G's sales numbers rock!

I think the sales numbers speak for themselves. There is a difference between having a "different" design and making plain ugly cars. The 07 g35 sedan is refreshing in my opinion - it would never be mistaken for an accord - but it is also very nice looking. The versa is an econobox so I give it a pass, but the sentra has some history. It should have been sporty and pleasing to the eye. It looks like a box on wheels and gained 400 lbs. Big mistake and sales are down 50% as a result. They should be selling sentras by the boatload.

I rented a maxima just yesterday and the interior is a joke. There's a big screen with big block letters (orange), the top of the dash has big creases in it, and there is some velvet that runs across the whole car. The CVT saps power down low as well. Overall, I can't see why you would want a maxima over a v6 accord. Once again, sales are down. The people have spoken.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by muscarel
I think the sales numbers speak for themselves. There is a difference between having a "different" design and making plain ugly cars.
Saying they are plain ugly is simply your opinion......we all know looks are completely subjective. I personally see a crap load of new Altys on the road where I live, so someone must like them.

And it's not just Nissan's sales that have declined, it pretty much everyone's. http://www.caranddriver.com/dailyaut...uto-sales.html

Old 05-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Yep. The altimas are the nicest of the bunch - I wasn't specifically bashing the Altimas. In fact the Altimas sales have remained steady or increased for awhile. That is not true for the Maxima and Sentra.

Obviously, I understand that styling is subjective and is my opinion. But you must agree that more people than not would agree with me on this one (hence the sales decline). Nissan is in the business of selling cars, so they need to find a style that is both attractive and exciting for enthusiasts while not scaring off everyday people. The G35 sedan is such a car, as is the G35 coupe, and M series cars. The same cannot be said about the sentra. On top of the styling issues, the sentra is now 3,000 lbs (for a compact car?!) and every review I have read has pegged its driving dynamics as pooh. The Maxima is the same size as the Altima, which was a dumb move from day 1. Ii wouldn't be surprised if the Altima itself was eating Maxima sales.

Anyway, a new Maxima is slated for 2009, and Nissan is promising us something exciting.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
And it's not just Nissan's sales that have declined, it pretty much everyone's. http://www.caranddriver.com/dailyaut...uto-sales.html
Just read the article you posted. Good info. Interesting how BMW still managed to stay flat with everyone else declining. I wonder how many 3 series they sold this month.

It's nice to also see Infiniti increasing in the same marketplace. I wish Nissan could have done the same as they did....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sales Are Up!!