Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
haha i hate me
then we have something in common.

i mean i hate me too.

:P

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:15 PM
The rear-view camera works very well at night. Backing up into my dimmly lit driveway is not a problem with this feature.

As for the ICC, I haven't tried it out yet, but looking forward to my next road trip.

And for the Adaptive Headlights, they're useful, but having the steeply raked a-pillar obstructing your view, it kind of negates the benefits.

But overall, I really do like having the Tech package, and would recommend going for it. It is quiet costly, but it'll also raise the value of your car if you decide to sell or trade it in later on.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:15 PM
I too bought it because the only manual S on the lot was equipped with it. I seldom use cruise control, so I could take or leave the feature, but the back-up camera is very useful when you're backing out from between two monster SUVs, and the headlight feature is wonderful on dark winding roads. It's definitely a good deal for the money.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:30 PM
I wanted the tech package for icc and backup camera and didn't really need the adaptive lighting. When I drove my car home at night for the first time I flipped out on how cool the adaptive lighting was. it makes it so much easier to see when turning.

Also i now back my car into the garage when i never used to. With the backup camera it is easier to back into it than normal parking. I use the camera everytime i back up and it is worth it.

ICC is also very cool. I have used it a couple of times and love it. I will switch lanes to go around the slow driver and it will pick up speed for me. very cool

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:32 PM
LET ME SUM THIS UP AGAIN-

ICC- PRETTY FRIGGIN COOL IF YOU ASK ME. THE CAR DRIVES IT SELF. YOU USE THE UP AND DOWN BUTTON ON THE STEERING WHEEL TO SPEED UP OR SLOW DOWN, ALSO YOU CAN ADJUST HOW FAR YOU WANT THE RADAR TO ENGAGE..ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STEER AND NOT FALL ASLEEP..PRETTY COOL MAN.....

BACK UP CAM - WAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ONE IN THE MARKET. TAKES A DUMP ON THE BIMMER CAM AND MB. WORKS GREAT AT NIGHT, INCLUDES COLORS FOR DISTANCE, AND THE GRIDS ARE ALIGNED WITH YOUR STEERING TO MOVE WITH THE STEERING WHEEL TO GUIDE YOU INTO SPOTS....PRETTY COOL MAN..

ADAPTIVE FRONT HEADLIGHTS- OK WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY..THE HEADLIGHTS TURN WHEN I TURN. I GUESS ITS JUST TO SAY..HEY MY HEADLIGHTS TURN??? I STILL HAVE NOT YET BEEN ABLE TO ADMIT THAT WHEN TAKING A TURN MY VISION IS BETTER?

OH WELL 2/3 AINT BAD FOR 1500 BUCKS

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:34 PM
Why Are You Shouting?

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:39 PM
Calm down Ultimate!!!!

no need to get mad because people don't like your tech package.

LOWER YOUR VOICE MAN!!!

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by daluder
Calm down Ultimate!!!!

no need to get mad because people don't like your tech package.

LOWER YOUR VOICE MAN!!!
lower my voice? hahaha were typing dude? sorry i had caps on everybody didnt mean to uhhhhhh get loud

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:45 PM
I didn't think much of the tech package at first. Then, I decided to take a second test drive of the G35. I experimented with the ICC, and loved it. I haven't used it as much as I plan to in the future, since my car just recently got out of the break-in period. I plan on using it much more in the future. ICC really is a very useful tool. You wind up using cruise control much more since you don't have to keep accelerating or decelerating based on the cars in front of you.

I also didn't think I would find the backup camera too useful, but now that I've had it, I love it! It's especially useful when you're in a crowded parking lot and you're trying to back out of a parking space while you're surrounded to the left and right by big SUVs. The camera is a very wide angle lens, so it really helps with these circumstances. It's also very useful in tight places, where you don't have much room to back up. In the past, to be conservative, I would backup, move forward, backup again when there's not much space. With the camera, I only have to backup once, since, with the camera, I can get pretty close (inches) to the parked cars behind me while backing up.

The lights are great as well.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I forgot to mention in my other post that I think the Tech Package is a steal of a deal for the price. If you think you'll use the 3 features in the Tech Package, it is definitely worth the money.
+1

Got it. Love it. I would buy it again.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:57 PM
I just got the G35x without the tech package after trying out both. I also have the backup camera on my Odyssey which is invaluable when parallel parking. But when I want to get really close in the minivan (not so mini in the latest generation, the camera is essential). I had no problems gauging the rear end on the Infiniti and was willing go without. I've used Toyota's ICC and didn't see it as a good technology. If the option was a la carte, I would not recommend ICC as a separate option. Someone is always cutting in between the car in front and the car I was driving.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:59 PM
i have the tech and love it....the backup camera is great but there is no way i back up with out looking...my judgement comes first, i only really use it once im in the spot just to get the distance rather then turn around.

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by logik05se
i have the tech and love it....the backup camera is great but there is no way i back up with out looking...my judgement comes first, i only really use it once im in the spot just to get the distance rather then turn around.
Are you concerned that Steven Segal might have spliced in a video loop of your driveway so he could sneak past you and steal your garden gnome?

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:08 PM
^^ LOL.

As for the TECH? Yes.

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:29 PM
This is a new car for me, only 1 month into it but here's my opinion so far, no facts involved.

Backup camera - Hardly notice it anymore, I've driven to many years to put my trust into this. Old habits are hard to break, maybe this will change as I put more miles on the car. Nice safety feature if you have kids in family/neighborhood.

Headlights - Gimmick, if your into cool factor you'll probably like it. If it makes a difference, I haven't noticed it ( yes, I've seen them move, I just haven't noticed the practicality of it yet), again this may change as time goes forward.

ICC - Wow!!!! This is worth the price if it's the only thing in the package. Totally impressed. Not that I log many highway miles but I did by this car so the wife and I could take more trips. Haven't used it much because of the break in period but I have tried it a couple times. I am a cruise control user but it is a pain in moderate to heavy traffic. This is something I've been waiting for my whole driving career and didn't know it till' now : - )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is the Tech package worthwile?