G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Official 2007 Infiniti G35 Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006 | 06:13 PM
you can use VPP for a lease or a purchase but VPP is not valid on '07 G35 sedans yet until posted

Old 11-03-2006 | 08:23 PM

Why is anyone negotiating DOWN from MSRP? IMHO you get the best price by determining how little the dealer will take over INVOICE. The G35 is a mass-produced automobile and if a stealer says that the price is MSRP or MSRP+ then it's time to laugh and walk out the door. BMW customers were getting discounts from Day 1 on the 335i (non-ED, $1000 over invoice) so don't even tell me it can't be done. Infiniti margins may be slimmer but the same negotiating ploy applies...make THEM negotiate UP from their cost.

Dealers in general just love "new model fever" because initial customers are less likely to wait and more likely to accept paying full MSRP. If you pay sticker for this car then you got ripped. Please, please tell me y'all are smarter than this...

Old 11-04-2006 | 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by theslik1

Why is anyone negotiating DOWN from MSRP? IMHO you get the best price by determining how little the dealer will take over INVOICE. The G35 is a mass-produced automobile and if a stealer says that the price is MSRP or MSRP+ then it's time to laugh and walk out the door. BMW customers were getting discounts from Day 1 on the 335i (non-ED, $1000 over invoice) so don't even tell me it can't be done. Infiniti margins may be slimmer but the same negotiating ploy applies...make THEM negotiate UP from their cost.

Dealers in general just love "new model fever" because initial customers are less likely to wait and more likely to accept paying full MSRP. If you pay sticker for this car then you got ripped. Please, please tell me y'all are smarter than this...
it's all about supply and demand. i'm sure if you're a sneaker fanatic you've bought a nice valuable pair of jordans and never wore them for a high price. this is my career and obviously working off commission it feels good infiniti came out with a great product. A lot of car companies will sell their vehicles for sticker or above like the BMW 6-series, Porsche GTs, and also the Honda Civic Si coupe.

Old 11-04-2006 | 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
it's all about supply and demand. i'm sure if you're a sneaker fanatic you've bought a nice valuable pair of jordans and never wore them for a high price. this is my career and obviously working off commission it feels good infiniti came out with a great product. A lot of car companies will sell their vehicles for sticker or above like the BMW 6-series, Porsche GTs, and also the Honda Civic Si coupe.

You know, your comments actually discouraged me from going into a dealership. I'm not supposed to say how much I got my G35x Premium/Nav/Tech for...but trust me. If anyone is looking for a G35x, forget these boards and head into a dealership and talk it out. Be prepared to walk out if you aren't comfortable, but odds are you'll have a nice drink, a great test drive, and most importantly a great deal on an AMAZING car.

Old 11-04-2006 | 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
Thanks for clarifying the point that the dealer wants to make as much money as possible. Your comparison of the G35 to either a 6-series or Carrera GT with respect to supply/demand dynamics is completely out to lunch. As far as the Civic Si...yes, a Honda dealership will gladly rip you off if you let it. The horror stories are out there. I have two friends who recently bought new Civic Si coupes and paid less than sticker for both because they were willing to work the deal and...most importantly...there was absolutely no reason pay more. Deal-Making 101 in full effect.

I agree that the G35 is a great product, but it's a mass-produced product and will not be in short supply. For those who are impatient and impulsive, paying MSRP is fine. Paying any premium over sticker would be completely ludicrous.

Originally Posted by JWangSDC
You know, your comments actually discouraged me from going into a dealership. I'm not supposed to say how much I got my G35x Premium/Nav/Tech for...but trust me. If anyone is looking for a G35x, forget these boards and head into a dealership and talk it out. Be prepared to walk out if you aren't comfortable, but odds are you'll have a nice drink, a great test drive, and most importantly a great deal on an AMAZING car.
Smart man. Best of luck on your purchase!

Old 11-05-2006 | 09:31 PM
Negotiated deal thread

Save yourself time and aggravation. Go to the Infiniti web site. Build your car and get the dealers to bid . I did that for my '06X and got 8 bids within hrs. Bought it from a dealer 70 mi. away and saved $2K over my local dealer. $4k off list.
Norm in Philly

Old 11-05-2006 | 10:08 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Thanks for clarifying the point that the dealer wants to make as much money as possible. Your comparison of the G35 to either a 6-series or Carrera GT with respect to supply/demand dynamics is completely out to lunch. As far as the Civic Si...yes, a Honda dealership will gladly rip you off if you let it. The horror stories are out there. I have two friends who recently bought new Civic Si coupes and paid less than sticker for both because they were willing to work the deal and...most importantly...there was absolutely no reason pay more. Deal-Making 101 in full effect.

I agree that the G35 is a great product, but it's a mass-produced product and will not be in short supply. For those who are impatient and impulsive, paying MSRP is fine. Paying any premium over sticker would be completely ludicrous.

Smart man. Best of luck on your purchase!

Huh, who has done that? BTW, all cars under 100K are mass produced.

Old 11-05-2006 | 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Huh, who has done that? BTW, all cars under 100K are mass produced.
I thought the poster was maybe hinting at ADM for the G35 due to demand, which would be patently silly. I don't think any Infiniti dealer is doing this...and hopefully nobody would be stupid enough to fall for it...but there are enough posters still trying to negotiate from MSRP to make me wonder...

Old 11-06-2006 | 09:39 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
I thought the poster was maybe hinting at ADM for the G35 due to demand, which would be patently silly. I don't think any Infiniti dealer is doing this...and hopefully nobody would be stupid enough to fall for it...but there are enough posters still trying to negotiate from MSRP to make me wonder...
Fair enough. I didn't really have the same take on the ADM from the OP but I could see how someone might jump all over it.

Old 11-06-2006 | 09:41 AM
Traveling Administrator
Fair enough. I didn't really have the same take on the ADM from the OP but I could see how someone might jump all over it.
Btw, congrats on 5k posts!

Old 11-06-2006 | 09:47 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by canuck
Oh, just had a look. Geez, I need to get a life

You're rolling along yourself...the Master of the '07 sedan forum.

Old 11-06-2006 | 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by canuck
Oh, just had a look. Geez, I need to get a life
You're rolling along yourself...the Master of the '07 sedan forum.

Hey you two get to work. Too many posts .

Old 11-06-2006 | 10:49 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Hey you two get to work. Too many posts .
The boss gave me the day or whatever I needed off.

Old 11-06-2006 | 10:55 AM
07 g35x W/ nav

$1,000 off Sticker.

$40,000 Out The Door w/ Taxes and all

Old 11-06-2006 | 02:12 PM
mdege, where are you located??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Infiniti G35 Negotiated Deal Thread