Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:23 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spacecowboy
[sarcasm]

i just imagine that [sarcasm] starts almost every post

besides, if it weren't for people (like me) who bothered companies to get moving, no one would have anything. i'm seriously considering sending my car to someone so they have a base to work with.

[/sarcasm]
I actually think if you have the option it is a great idea to send your car to one of these guys. At the very least it would give them another car to test on and that would in the end produce a better product. The bad thing is that most people don't have that option.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If you boughth is car thinking there would be mods available right away, you bought the wrong car. You should have researched a bit before the purchase.

The only guys that have mods almost BEFORE a car is sold is the domestics. Ford, Chevy, GM aftermarket companies have mods available almost the day the car is available at the dealer.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Angry

[sarcasm]

i just imagine that [sarcasm] starts almost every post

besides, if it weren't for people (like me) who bothered companies to get moving, no one would have anything. i'm seriously considering sending my car to someone so they have a base to work with.

[/sarcasm]
spacecowboy,

Honestly, what makes you think that your badgering is going to make any company speed up their process of designing, testing, fabricating, manufacturing, and distributing aftermarket parts for your car?

I have read through all of your posts and the various responses, and one thing is clear - you simply don't get the fact that not everyone who owns a G35 wants to show up his buddies by doing extensive mods to his/her car.

The bottom line here is that manufacturers will come out with aftermarket parts only when they have determined there is enough of a market to generate a profit. Until then, you are going to have to wait PATIENTLY!! (Everyone knows that is not one of your virtures, since you proudly announced that to everyone in this forum).

And in case you are wondering, there definitely sarcasm in my response, but then again I think you have earned it!

Regards,

Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If you boughth is car thinking there would be mods available right away, you bought the wrong car. You should have researched a bit before the purchase.

The only guys that have mods almost BEFORE a car is sold is the domestics. Ford, Chevy, GM aftermarket companies have mods available almost the day the car is available at the dealer.
LOL, don't forget Honda! There were a plethora of parts for the new civic before it hit dealers.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se

I totally agree with you, being that i also have a camaro and it had superchargers and other parts immediatly! But if that is so then why does bmw already have aftermarket parts for their cars? being whopped up on by a 335 with a chip sucks! why do they already have aftermarket parts? do they have more units sold? i dunno, just would like to see some more aftermarket suppport, but i know it takes time

Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
car has been out (esp japan) for over 8 months, near a year. that's plenty of time to make parts for an engine.

they make parts for the 2.5HR in japan, from what i've seen. why not the 3.5? and don't tell me that they can't figure out how to make it better. Being part of the mod car world means that you believe that ANYTHING can always be improved upon.
If you're such a true "mod" guy, why don't you do what real modders do and go fully custom. There are people out there who put together their own custom turbocharger systems and build their own low compression engines.

If you're not mechanically inclined, you can do the same thing by researching and paying people to do it for you. It'll be expensive as all of the parts will need to be custom, but it can and has been done.

If you don't want to do that, you'll just have to wait until people like JWT, Turbonetics, Vortech, etc. come out with turbo or supercharger kits for the car.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
One big motha...
BMWs have always been known as enthusiasts car. Infiniti is a luxury brand that until the G35 came out was largely under the radar and under rated. Most people who buy a new car like having a warranty. Once you start chipping and adding go fast parts dealerships tend to put their nose up when things go wrong. Once the car has been out long enough for the warranties to run out, thats when more people sell their cars since they had new or go a little crazy with it since the dealer isn't going to be fronting the bills anymore anyway.

As for the 335, when you as a tuning company can get 70hp out of nothing more than a simply flashing ecu which requires almost no labor, you had better believe they are going to do whatever they need to get it out. Also, I'm new to the Japanese scene but the euro companies have multiple chip-tuning companies that specialize in re-tuning stock cars. Don't get your undies in a twist b/c all they have is chips out. Yeah, they make a huge difference but even if you had a chip, exhaust and intake, I hate to say it but I don't think it would make a difference when racing your buddies chipped 335... Those things are BEASTS... They are even giving StageIII S4s a run for their money...

Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
^^^^ like the title of the post, that is a very sad conclusion indeed