G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Well because I Hikos_G, I pulled the trigger.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well because of Hikos_G, I pulled the trigger.....

Not like he talked me into anything, just that his car looked so good that I couldn't resist. I test drove a sport a couple times to make sure I wanted it over an audi A4. There is more room in the G which is good for my business of being a realtor. I am going to get the same wheels Hikos has but with a gun metal center. I also got black on black as well. I think I am going to go with the H&R springs, but I wish they were 1/8 inch higher. I like the stance though how they lower the front a smidge more. I can't stand the look of a car with the rear end lower. If they are level cool, but not lower in the rear. I don't care how the wheel arches are cut the appearance is the appearance and I like even fender gaps.
I would love a set of nice coilovers, but none are out yet and I dont feel like waiting for bilstein, who I tend to like on most cars. So my car will have some gun metal Marion 20s, H&Rs, eibach alignment kit, and 5% tint. Wish me well all my car should be in toward the end of next week or beginning of the week after next.

Last edited by SinCityG35; 05-26-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:12 PM
What about the new Eibach's? They'll be a little higher and it looks like they'll be pretty level.

Although, I tend to think H&R makes a better spring.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:44 AM
I have heard of a lot of Eibach and tein kits are sitting unlevel from side to side. I have no clue if this is true or not. However most of the kits I have seem other than the eibach and the H&R kits, sit lower in the rear. I saw one car with the Eibachs on here that looked like it sat lower than the cars on here I have seen with the H&Rs. It is hard to tell though because they all have different wheels and tires. I have heard though that H&R is better than eibach because of their progressive spring design. Can anyone verify if this is true and what that means.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SinCityG35
I have heard of a lot of Eibach and tein kits are sitting unlevel from side to side. I have no clue if this is true or not. However most of the kits I have seem other than the eibach and the H&R kits, sit lower in the rear. I saw one car with the Eibachs on here that looked like it sat lower than the cars on here I have seen with the H&Rs. It is hard to tell though because they all have different wheels and tires. I have heard though that H&R is better than eibach because of their progressive spring design. Can anyone verify if this is true and what that means.
H&R and Eibach both use a progressive spring designs. In a progressive rate spring, the spring rate changes (goes up) when more force is applied to it (i.e. when cornering). Linear springs (like the stock ones) do not. There are pros and cons to each design, but I won't get into spring theory here.

To tell them apart, the distance between coils on a typical progressive rate spring changes. The linear springs do not.

Both manufacturers are very reputable. You need to decide which one provides the ride height you want.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:29 AM
which ever one make me sit a little higher I think. Also I want it to lower the front about 1/8 lower than it lowers the rear so I have a level look. From the pic I waw of your car Terrycs it looked lower than the ones I have seen of the H&Rs. I have not seen both setups with tires, but I would figure that 20s with 275/30 and 245/35 tires are a little larger in diameter the stock setup. And your car with the stock setup looked like it was filling the wheel well with stock wheels and one Hikos_gs car the fender rests perfectly above the the tire on his 20s. I want the exact same rake and stance as that, but exactly 1/8 inch higher. I will live with it that low if I have to and nobody makes a kit that has those specs.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:28 AM

which ever one make me sit a little higher I think. Also I want it to lower the front about 1/8 lower than it lowers the rear so I have a level look. From the pic I waw of your car Terrycs it looked lower than the ones I have seen of the H&Rs. I have not seen both setups with tires, but I would figure that 20s with 275/30 and 245/35 tires are a little larger in diameter the stock setup. And your car with the stock setup looked like it was filling the wheel well with stock wheels and one Hikos_gs car the fender rests perfectly above the the tire on his 20s. I want the exact same rake and stance as that, but exactly 1/8 inch higher. I will live with it that low if I have to and nobody makes a kit that has those specs.
For all intents and purposes, the tire ODs are the same. According to this tire calculator, the 275/30/20 is 0.2" smaller in OD than the stock 245/45/18 (rear). The 245/35/20 is 0.1" smaller in OD than the stock 225/50/18 (front).

http://www.canadiandriver.com/tools/...c/tirecalc.htm

By the numbers; from comparison of resulting alignment specs (camber), H&R will drop the front end more than Eibach and the rear will be pretty much the same between the two manufacturers.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Wow, what can I say SinCity... I'm speechless...

Glad to have been able to help you out with some of your mod choices. Looking forward to seeing my 'twin'.

Be sure to post up pics ASAP! Cheers!

Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 AM
yea hikos def got my G of choice...I have a black black S w. spoiler and his rims are ridiculous. I just picked up a set of rims which arent exactly the same as his but similar. Not that im tryin to copy you brother but a spokey staggered wheel with a lip is my style lol.

Ill post some pics today hopefully of the car.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by logik05se
yea hikos def got my G of choice...I have a black black S w. spoiler and his rims are ridiculous. I just picked up a set of rims which arent exactly the same as his but similar. Not that im tryin to copy you brother but a spokey staggered wheel with a lip is my style lol.

Ill post some pics today hopefully of the car.
Spokes are the way to go!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Spokes are the way to go!
yes +1 i am going back to spokes

Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I can't wait to see the pixs myself those Marion wheels are really classy but sporty looking at the same time.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I have always been into spokey wheels. I have looking for a set that set this car off for a while and finally found hikos car. Hell here are some pics of my old S4 so you get the point. The wheels are Sportecs and they cost way too much money for not being forged. The only wheels they make forged are their 20 inch versions.

Attached Thumbnails Well because I Hikos_G, I pulled the trigger.....-picture-133.jpg   Well because I Hikos_G, I pulled the trigger.....-picture-136.jpg  

Last edited by SinCityG35; 05-27-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:57 PM

I have always been into spokey wheels. I have looking for a set that set this car off for a while and finally found hikos car. Hell here are some pics of my old S4 so you get the point.
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...ctures_131.jpg
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...ctures_128.jpg
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...ctures_138.jpg
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...icture_134.jpg
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/4...icture_134.jpg
Problem with links?

Old 05-27-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah I noticed that. How do you post links or better yet pics of links?

Old 05-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I am not trying to bite of anyones style either, just that it looks great. I am also getting mine in gun metal as opposed to silver like hikos car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well because I Hikos_G, I pulled the trigger.....