G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Popping Noise from Speaker on Start Up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Popping Noise from Speaker on Start Up?

Has anyone experienced a popping sound from the speaker right when the car is started? It doesn't happen all the time, maybe once every few days. I have tried to figure out what sequence of events causes it. It's 1 abrupt pop from the speaker in front middle dash, sounds like a scratched record. Seems to be louder when the stereo is on.

These are steps which seem to cause it to occur most often...

1. Push the start button (with foot off the brake)
2. Wait 1 second
3. With foot on brake push start button again.

As the car starts... VROOM, POP

I think it may be the ABS self check causing a spike to run through my audio system.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Should I take it in or wait for my first oil change in about 1K miles?

I saw a similar post on an '07 coup.

Last edited by MojoKidd; 05-30-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I have experienced the same noise but only when I have my iPod connected via the AUX hookups and release the clutch too soon (before the car actually starts up) All the indicator lights go on and i have to engage the clutch once again to start my car and then "pop".

I have not experienced the popping noise in any other scenario.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:26 AM
My car is a 5AT, it happens right at start up. I haven't heard it when I just press the brake and push the button. It seems to happen more often when the car is in ACC mode and I start it. Probably some grounding issue or a firmware bug. Very intermittent, seems like you have to time it just wrong to get it to pop. It probably won't pop for the service manager when I take it in.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 AM
I have noticed it too. I will try to pay more attention to which speaker(s) if I hear it again. I was thinking it was coming from behind me, but it could be front center. No idea what it is though...

Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
that's typically a grounding issue (either internal or external) on the drive amps. get it checked out by your dealer.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Yup, me too. Not usually from a cold start, but when I have the radio on (in acc) and then start.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM
i get it also. center speaker only i think. It's on my list of things to gripe about when I'm in for service next.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I just bought this car yesterday, and i've noticed the same problem. This car is brand new... should this be happening? It only has 50 miles on it.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm not too worried about it since it doesn't happen if I don't put the car in ACC mode first. But I will have it looked at when I take the care in for it's first service check. Interesting that it seems to only pop thru the front speaker in the dash.

If anyone has it looked at and fixed before me, please post.

Last edited by MojoKidd; 06-02-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Same here, nothing to really worry about. I have heard it once when I forgot to turn the system off prior to reentry.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Experiencing same problem....thought it was because I left raido or player on buy it is eratic ..Will get it searched on next service for certain.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I know Nismo86 had this fixed recently by his dealer. Has anyone else had this fixed by their dealer and knows some more about it? Was it just a connection problem? I will be bringing my car in soon to address this.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
On my old car I had this problem and it was because of the amp. When you turn car on your radio will send a signal to your amp to test it. Usually just a pop sound. Then the remote wire signal turns the amp on. My problem was that the remote wire turned the amp on before the signal test. Thus I heard a pop. I found out the installer wired the remote to my amp to the acc wire in the radio. Therefore it was on before the remote needed to be.

If you are in acc mode then your amp is already on and when you start your car the radio might be sending this test signal to the back while the amp is already on and you hear the pop.

I figure you should not hear it if you start the car from the off mode and not from the acc mode. Just a hypothesis from earlier experience with a totally different system.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Well, the dealer had my car for 3 1/2 hours but still could not fix the problem. They tried changing the speaker. I even told them another user had the exact same problem and that replacing the Bose amplifer solved the problem. They tried to contact Infiniti tech support but could not get through, so now they will be getting back to me to see what to do next. I hope to get this settled because it sucks having to wait at the dealer all the time.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 PM
when i start up my car.... my 12 in the back does a very quick booooooom... for like a split second... it sounds like my speakers in my studio when i start the pc up with them on...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Popping Noise from Speaker on Start Up?