G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Seats come back and steering wheel lifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats come back and steering wheel lifts

Seats come back and steering wheel lifts... only when you turn the engine off. In my last car this would happen any time you were in park and opened the driver's door. I often leave the car with the radio on so that anyone inside can continue to listen to the radio. I have to struggle to get out unless I turn everything off first. Anyone know of a better way?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
AFAIK, there is no way around that. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the entry/exit assist feature is only active when the door is open when the car is off. My 03 G Sedan was the same way.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by nFiniti
Seats come back and steering wheel lifts... only when you turn the engine off. In my last car this would happen any time you were in park and opened the driver's door. I often leave the car with the radio on so that anyone inside can continue to listen to the radio. I have to struggle to get out unless I turn everything off first. Anyone know of a better way?
Set your second seat memory setting to reverse the seat and lift the wheel.
That will let you change the to the "exit" setting and return to the original setting without shutting off the car.

You can still leave the entry/exit assist activated, so it will move the seat automatically when you shut off the car, and at the touch of a button if you leave it running.

Last edited by Coach; 06-07-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by nFiniti
i would be concerned about having a seating/steering position that naturally presents a challenge for you to egress. what if you needed to get out of the car in an emergency and you had no power?

how tight is your seating position?? sounds TIGHT!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by usual_suspect
That will let you change the to the "exit" setting and return to the original setting without shutting off the car.

You can still leave the entry/exit assist activated, so it will move the seat automatically when you shut off the car, and at the touch of a button if you leave it running.
Good thinkin' Craig, definitley not a bad workaround.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I have problem with it too.

With the seat too far out I have trouble hitting the brake when I first start the engine. If there is a way I can turn on the engine without hitting the brake, then this feature is useful to me. Maybe I want to go back with key to start engine?

I have to turn off this feature. anybody with similar experience?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're a genius! I am the only driver anyway. I'll set my Preset 2 to a snooze position, so I can sleep in peace while enjoying my SOW.

Trending Topics

Old 06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
You're a genius! I am the only driver anyway. I'll set my Preset 2 to a snooze position, so I can sleep in peace while enjoying my SOW.
Story of my life, good news/bad news...

Good news: It's finally been announced the world over on the internet that I am, in fact, a genius.
Bad news: It's based solely on the word of a man who calls himself "Goofy".

Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I changed the setting so that only the steering wheel lifts and so that the seat won't move back.

It's harder for a rear seat passenger to 1) exit the car when the driver's seat moves all the way back, and 2) enter the car when the driver's seat is still in the back position.

As the driver, I really don't need the extra legroom to enter and exit the car.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news: It's finally been announced the world over on the internet that I am, in fact, a genius.
Take it or leave it.

I just set my Preset #2 today. The back is at a more reclined position, seat does not move forward or back, and steering wheel moves all the way up (but it's already quite high as it is). Then, just now, I realized, as a trial, I can set the more "spacious" setting to my key fob, so every time I enter the car, it'll be easier to get in (when exiting my seat, I prefer the back stationary -- easier to push yourself off) . On the other hand, it might be a small hassle to press Preset #1 once in get inside. Too bad my 6MT doesn't have the cool comfort feature you 5ATs do.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Take it or leave it.

I just set my Preset #2 today. The back is at a more reclined position, seat does not move forward or back, and steering wheel moves all the way up (but it's already quite high as it is). Then, just now, I realized, as a trial, I can set the more "spacious" setting to my key fob, so every time I enter the car, it'll be easier to get in (when exiting my seat, I prefer the back stationary -- easier to push yourself off) . On the other hand, it might be a small hassle to press Preset #1 once in get inside. Too bad my 6MT doesn't have the cool comfort feature you 5ATs do.
Actually, I don't even like the entry/exit assist feature - I turned it off the day after I bought the car.
I find it easier to get in and out with everything in my driving position, and I'm saving wear and tear on the seat and column motors.

Last edited by Coach; 06-10-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Traveling Administrator

LMAO, too funny Craig!