G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated Seats

I know there is a lot of discussion on the board about heated seats. From what I can tell, there is a known issue of the seats not heating up/not heating enough. Any reported problems of the seats heating when the switch is off? I have had my car for about 3 weeks now, and it seems that in the past few days the seat seems to be abnormally warm. I might be losing my mind, but maybe I am not. Any issues out there?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I've also thought that. This is my third Nissan product with heated seats and all three of them have SUCKED, by far the worst heated seats in the industry. They rarely heat up hot enough, they don't appear to work at all unless it's freezing outside, they shut off too quick, etc.

Our Acura's are much better, and my friend's Audis', Lexus' and Benzs' are out of this world.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by GforaG
I know there is a lot of discussion on the board about heated seats. From what I can tell, there is a known issue of the seats not heating up/not heating enough. Any reported problems of the seats heating when the switch is off? I have had my car for about 3 weeks now, and it seems that in the past few days the seat seems to be abnormally warm. I might be losing my mind, but maybe I am not. Any issues out there?
I've had my car for 2 months now, and wondered the same thing. Of course I have the graphite interior and its been in the 90s a lot so its hard to tell whether the seat heaters are on or the seat is just accumulating and retaining ambient heat or body heat. I took a 300 mile round trip the other week and the A/C was on but my seat seemed warmer than it should be. (I see Lexus is advertising "air-cooled seats" - I thought that was amusing at first but maybe they have something there? ) I'm thinking of asking the dealer if they can check the seat heaters at the first service to see if they may be on when the switch is off but I feel a little silly asking.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti offers "Climate-controlled front seats with internal ventilation providing both cooling and heating functions" in the M

Old 07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Infiniti offers "Climate-controlled front seats with internal ventilation providing both cooling and heating functions" in the M
You know, FWIW I find it interesting that the heated seats in our Gs are one of the biggest issues in the complaint department and yet the cooled seats in the M absolutely kick ***. I never use the heated seats in my G as I live in Hawaii. I mean seriously, when the hell will I get a chance to use them? But the cooled seats in the M, oh how I wish we had that feature in our Gs. I should give the seats in my car a try one of these days. I remember when I was in Cali and it would get down into the 50s (cold for my Hawaii born a$$). I'd race for shotgun in my roomates B5 A4 1.8T as the seat warmers in that thing totally kicked ***. Being from Colorado, I'm sure he got a lot of use out of those things.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I have wondered about this on several occassions, but it wasn't such a big deal to take it into the dealer.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I've had heated seats which make you feel like you have a load in your pants, and the air conditioned seats make you feel like your pants are wet.

I can really do without either. But I won't be trying the heated seats until closer to winter.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
just bring it in and they'll replace the harness. they did mines in 2 hrs, and in the mean time i got to smash on the loaner lol

Old 07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FrIsCo G35
just bring it in and they'll replace the harness. they did mines in 2 hrs, and in the mean time i got to smash on the loaner lol
+1 My new harnesses just came in, going to take in the G in the next couple of days.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Hot Seat

Originally Posted by GforaG
I've noticed the same thing. The seat seems to be getting ABNORMALLY hot with the seat warmers off. Is it the hot weather or is there a problem with the heated seats????

Anyone know????

Old 08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nepog3
I've noticed the same thing. The seat seems to be getting ABNORMALLY hot with the seat warmers off. Is it the hot weather or is there a problem with the heated seats????

Anyone know????
Do you have black seats? Are they in direct sunlight? This makes them mighty hot.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I think many of us are crazy then, because I have had to test my car to see if my heater is actually on when it's 95 degrees outside. I'm actually sweating due to my seats being so hot, and I have tint on my windows. My personal opinion is there is some material in our seats that retains heat or direct it to the passenger. When it 95 degrees outside your seats are about 120 degrees when you get into the car. That seat is now sandwiched by your body retaining that heat. You turn on you AC and the pasenger seat seems cool because air can reach it's surface. I've put my hand under my leg and I can swear the heater is on, it's smoking hot.

Here is the test, park you car in your garage or in shade and let the car run with AC on high and step out of the car. See if the seat is still hot to the touch after a few minutes. If so, the heater may be manfunctioning. If it is not the seat is just retaining heat somehow. Mine sure feels like their are on when it's really hot outside.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Take the seat heater fuse out, and test that for a couple days. Honestly though I really doubt this is the source of the heat, they're black leather sitting in 95% heat (inside the car will be much warmer than that).

Old 08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Take the seat heater fuse out, and test that for a couple days. Honestly though I really doubt this is the source of the heat, they're black leather sitting in 95% heat (inside the car will be much warmer than that).
I agree I doubt the heater is on but my god I have never sat in a car that retained heat for so long. I had a bumber to bumper drive home last week so six miles took me 45 minutes!!! - my drivers seat was smoking hot for the entire ride home. It's bad enough to have to wear wool pants in summer (yes, required in my employer) but to get in a hot car and have the air temp be 70 degrees and the seat feel like 100 degrees, 45 minutes later, something feels very wrong about that.

I've look at my seat heater button many times to make sure the heater was not on, it's very strange.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 PM
i also have been wondering this...but like others have stated its been in the 90's here and I do have graphite interior.

And btw Ive used those M cooling seats quite a few times and they are awesome...wish the G had em.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats