G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Wood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood belongs on your house. (just my opinion.) not IN your car.
I AM SURE tons of people will agree with me, but just wont say it to offend others.
Even if its a benz or beemer or bentley or phantom. Ever see the phantom with all black, with the wood taken out, looked way better.

Last edited by g35fan85; 08-09-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by g35fan85
Would belong on your house. just my opinion. not IN your car. I AM SURE tons of people will agree with me, but just wont say it to offend others. even if its a benz or beemer or bentley or phantom. ever see the phantom with all black, with the wood taken out, looked way better.

"if you have nothing nice to say...
I AGREE

Old 08-09-2007, 08:13 PM
lets compare shall we.

ALL BLACK INTERIOR IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.DOMO

Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
lets compare shall we.

Except that neither picture you posted is ALL black..

Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
wood finish

I also have the wood trim. Love it. I guess the only reason why it's not standard is because they know people will pay more to get it.

I have it with the graphite interior....looks amazing.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
The wood looks classier and more luxurious looking to me. I love it, and at $300 MSRP is a great price! The washi aluminum didn't look right in a luxury car. My previous car had wood too, which was nice, but it had a shiny finish. The flat finish of the African rosewood looks more like actual wood, as compared to the shiny wood finish in other cars (which are real wood, but just doesn't look right being shiny). Anyway, everyone's got their own opinion, and it's good to have options! The wood with graphite looks great with the black interior (not just the light colored ones as others have mentioned).

Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
I have black and personally don't like the wood with my color combination.Better with beige interior.
I would have possibly gotten wood if it was available in a black wood tone,i've seen it on few vehicles i think it's called "african zembrano".It's a black toned wood looks real nice.Also wood not available on sport which was a must have option.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
RCK
As promised my wife took pictures of the after market wood trim with graphite interior. But I am having trouble posting the photos from my wife's MAC. Help Please.

Last edited by RCK; 08-10-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Pauley
I have black and personally don't like the wood with my color combination.Better with beige interior.
I would have possibly gotten wood if it was available in a black wood tone,i've seen it on few vehicles i think it's called "african zembrano".It's a black toned wood looks real nice.Also wood not available on sport which was a must have option.
bmw calls it anthracite and its sick...wish the g's offered it.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by RCK
As promised my wife took pictures of the after market wood trim with graphite interior. But I am having trouble posting the photos from my wife's MAC. Help Please.
here's one way...
i assume the photos are in iphoto? select the photos you want in iphoto, go to File/Export, select "scale images no larger than" and type in 600 for width, JPEG for output, click "Export", choose the desktop as the location.

if you're not using iphoto, the photos from your camera are probably JPEGs. get them on your computer and drag the ones you want to upload to the desktop. if your images are RAW, you probably know how to convert them to JPEGs.

go to "www.tinypic.com". click "choose file". browse to the desktop and select the photo. click "upload now". once the file is uploaded, options are given to link to the uploaded photo. copy the one that has [img]... , and paste it in a reply here.

(putting your images on the mac desktop isn't necessary, it's just an easy way to find the ones you want when uploading.)

Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
The wood helps ....

In my opinion the alum looks a little cheap especially since the hard plastic in the console looks REALLY cheap. I think I could live with the alum if the other plastics were a little higher quality.

Wood helps a little in this case.

I think the best combo is the wood and black interior. Since I have a IP it's wood and wheat. My second choice.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by three
In my opinion the alum looks a little cheap especially since the hard plastic in the console looks REALLY cheap. I think I could live with the alum if the other plastics were a little higher quality.

Wood helps a little in this case.

I think the best combo is the wood and black interior. Since I have a IP it's wood and wheat. My second choice.
There is cheap plastic in the console?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
My 2 cents...

Wood and Stone interior -- Bad. Very bad!

Wood with Graphite or Wheat interior -- It can look good, but depends on taste.

I had to order my car. When I was in dealer ordering, I looked at several cars on the lot that had wood and, as real wood, there was too much variation in the look of the wood (mostly in the grain). One car it looked great (graphite). Two other cars it looked good (one graphite and one wheat). And the last car was just bad (graphite). It looked worse than bad Chrysler faux wood from the 90s. And if you know what I am talking about you know how bad that looked.

I probably would have skipped wood anyway, but that one car made my decision. There was no way I was going to get wood without being able to see it firsthand.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
lets compare shall we.

thats not all black interior, seat are white....i got the G35S all black with polished aluminun...and im in LOOOOOVE withthat interior....

Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
There is cheap plastic in the console?
I am talking about the pebble finish hard plastic that makes up the entire console. Continues up the control stack area and finally makes up the dash.

The stuff looks cheap, feels cheap, and am I sure was inexpensive.

In another area you go from pebble to smooth plastic around the heated seat controls. Just doesn't look as good as the german competition.

How about the door trim including the crap that surrounds the door pull and window switches? Do you like that?

While I'm griping how about the two console door panels ( ash tray and cup holders ). They went to the extra effort to control the speed in which these open and close, to give the appearance of high end, and yet the cup holder door panel looks like it cost 5 cents.

If fact the only thing I don't really care for is the plastics in general but I guess when your adding as many features as the G has at 40k you have to skimp somewhere.

However I do love just about everything else about the car and hope that I continue to enjoy it long term.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wood