G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Wood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sup uga.

I saw the trim in person, and it looks very very nice. Here's the problem, I ended up going w/ another dealer for my lease because they offered slightly better terms. I THOUGHT that burlwood trim was a factory option and I'd be able to get it, but apparently not all dealers carry it. Now I'm stuck getting the rosewood trim, which I really don't like...

I havent actually signed the lease yet, but they took my credit card # down and i guess a $500 deposit to do a credit check and search for a black on black G35x w/ sport and navi. Is it too late to go back to that first dealer, or will i lose my $500 deposit?

Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kpfury
sup uga.

I saw the trim in person, and it looks very very nice. Here's the problem, I ended up going w/ another dealer for my lease because they offered slightly better terms. I THOUGHT that burlwood trim was a factory option and I'd be able to get it, but apparently not all dealers carry it. Now I'm stuck getting the rosewood trim, which I really don't like...

I havent actually signed the lease yet, but they took my credit card # down and i guess a $500 deposit to do a credit check and search for a black on black G35x w/ sport and navi. Is it too late to go back to that first dealer, or will i lose my $500 deposit?
If you haven't signed the lease papers yet, then I would think they would be able to give you your $500 deposit back...but I'm really not too sure to be honest with you.

I really do believe the trim you described would look excellent on our cars especially if you bought one with black interior...I was always wondering why they didn't give us more than one option on the wood...the rosewood can be beautiful but only works on certain color combinations...it would look hideous on my car IMO.

If I were you, I'd call any Infiniti dealership except for the place you have your deposit at and ask them about the deposit question. I would guess though, since you haven't signed anything you could technically get your deposit back...Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong here

Old 08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I had "wood" in my last car and I didn't like it. ended up painting it..looked better than. Had a charcoal interior.

From the wood pics posted here it looks 10X better than my last car did...haha

Old 08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I personally love the look of the Rosewood trim and it goes very well with the black interior.
I think that the Rosewood marries well with the Graphite and Wheat interiors, but not as well in the Stone.

As for the deposit... if you have not taken delivery, your deposit is 100% refundable.

Here's mine when she was new...

Last edited by AesonVirus; 08-06-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I personally love the lok of the Rosewood trim and it goes very well with the black interior.
I think that the Rosewood marries well with the Graphite and Wheat interiors, but not as well in the Stone.

As for the deposit... if you have not taken delivery, your deposit is 100% refundable.

Here's mine when she was new...
You're starting to make me regret not getting wood!!! hehe jk, nice pic

Old 08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
^^^^ oh...and uhhhh...no homo

Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I found out it's a synthetic black burl wood trim. Thing w/ rosewood is it stands out a LOT, esp in a black interior (that pic is graphite interior, right?), doesn't look bad but damn that black burlwood looked good... yea I talked w/ the first dealer and he said my deposit was fully refundable too... only thing is I'd have to pay full retail for the synthetic burlwood, they aren't allowed to charge me only depreciation on that, so i dunno if it's worth it. thx for all your help tho guys...

Old 08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I suggest not to go with e-bay based trims... bought a synthetic burlwood trim and although vendor claimed it was properly measured to be used as overlay, it wasn't. Unfortunately, my idiot installer went ahead with it anyway. Now I have washi showing in select places... ugh. Initially I was happy with it (warmified the interior) but now think it looks fake and plasticky. Wish I went with the factory trim, but didn't want to wait.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i don't think wood fits the look of our cars.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Not only do i know where to get this. I have a kit available. Would you be interested?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by EWG35
Ditto, That's my combo. Love the wood, don't dig the Washi. The last loaner I had, had washi. It would not have killed to have it but most seem to have a yellow cast to the aluminum.

To each their own. I love the low gloss fiddle back rosewood, very unique.
Same like mine too.!! love it!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
how do u think the G's interior would look with that new black lacquer wood that infiniti put in the EX and new FX? ....just a thought

Old 08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by SRTahoe
how do u think the G's interior would look with that new black lacquer wood that infiniti put in the EX and new FX? ....just a thought
1 word, sexy.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
not for me. I like the scratched aluminmum look. I think it looks more sporty. I would have got the M if i wanted luxury. I hated the wood in my IS250AWD too.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
blackwood trim for sale

I have the 36 piece sherwood kit in black (cherry ash) for sale. Go to wooddashexperts.com to check it out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wood